1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Super Max for California Players is worthless

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jun 24, 2017.

1. rockets13champs

If Cp3 gets 201/5 from Clippers after California income and jock tax which is 13% income and 2% jock tax he goes from 40.2 mill to 34.2 million after paying all his taxes

If he comes to Houston his salary would be 149/4 which is 37 million he will make more in Texas. The super max is BS

So Chris Paul will make more money playing for a Texas team. Just hope he choosing the right one

2. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

It's not quite that much because you pay state income taxes even if you play in Texas on away games in states that have income taxes.

3. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I want you to be my real estate agent / accountant. DM me your Tinder account.

Pen15clubber, BigMaloe and Fullcourt like this.
  4. malakas

malakas Member

The tax is for half the games. You pay tax to the state the game is played on.
    So he would make more than 34.2 and in Texas he would make less than 37 million.

BigMaloe, Hakeemtheking and RasaqBoi like this.
  5. rockets13champs

But it would be a lot closer, if cp3 stays in California he plays in pacific division and must play 2 away games each vs lakers, kings and warriors

6. malakas

malakas Member

if you want to make the argument financial then we have no hope. Since in LA he has tons more chances to be in commercials and other things like that. The difference is more than 3 million.

robgue likes this.
  7. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Chris Paul if he stays in Cali vs Texas.

[​IMG]

vs

[​IMG]

8. rockets13champs

That doesn't mean much in 2017. Westbrook plays in OKC and I see him in many more commercials than Chris Paul.
    Same with Lebron

Embrace the clutch likes this.
  9. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

fine i'll take the cali supermax

hurry up clippers, lets get this b**** poppin! where the 50 dollar double bacon cheeseburgers at? bison meat? w/e i'll eat it.

10. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

I thought you paid taxes only in the state where you declare your residence i.e. why players buy a home in Houston or Miami while working in NY or LA?

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Hey go easy on the SO's of @swyyyguy @Mr. Motiejunas @Maury @KJ here in Texas.

FLASH21, Pen15clubber and RasaqBoi like this.
  12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So Cal Beach:

[​IMG]

vs. Galveston Beach

[​IMG]

13. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

That's correct if you compare 4 years to 4. You are ignoring the 5th guaranteed year, which should matter to a older PG with recent injury issues.

zcarenow, Nook and BimaThug like this.
  14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Orange County

[​IMG]

SHarpstown

[​IMG]

15. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

I'm 110% sure DM makes sure he throws that in there anytime he speaks with FA's

16. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

But what about endorsement $, ads etc? He simply won't pay income taxes on these, no?

17. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Shitty mall vs. shitty mall? Seems pretty even.

BigShasta likes this.
  18. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

It's not just about the contract. D'Angelo Russell was getting national endorsements. How many commercials have you seen CJ McCollum, Devin Booker, Bradley Beal, and Mike Conley in?

#18 Spoolxx, Jun 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  19. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Man I remember this hot ass Hondurian chick I use to bang from my high school days was from the Sharpstown area. Was worth the drive. :cool:

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

this is the advantage that players playing in states with no income tax have

"NBA players receive game checks and pay taxes based on where games are played. This means that even though there is no state income tax in Texas, Kawhi Leonard still pays California income taxes when he travels to play Steph Curry and the Warriors. As every team plays at least one game in every road stadium, this lessens advantage the Spurs would hold over the Warriors. Instead of Kawhi paying 0 percent and Steph 13.3 percent state income tax all season, both would pay California taxes for the game at Oracle, while both would pay no state income taxes when battling at the AT&T Center.

The advantage, then, is that teams playing home games in low and no tax environments are guaranteed at least half their games will be played in such favorable tax conditions.

Steph and his Warriors teammates are hurt by this, playing additional games at Sacramento and at both Los Angeles teams. When all is said in done, Kawhi’s average season will have him paying approximately 3.1 percent of his income in state income taxes, while Steph will have to pay an average of around 9.6 percent. This 6.5 percent difference on the first year of a hypothetical $28 million max contract for Kevin Durant comes to an over $1.8 million difference in taxes paid. While state income taxes aren’t the only part of a free agency decision, and each player will have different priorities in lifestyle, team competitiveness, and salary, that kind of money does make a difference."

No Chance, hakeem94 and kjayp like this.