1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who's taking the Durant challenge? - If you don't like it, don't watch it

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, May 21, 2017.

1. what

what Member

I know I am. I'm not going to be watching a minute of the nba finals. I know I'm new to hockey, but every game I've watched this year for the Stanley Cup has been fun. I can't wait to get more into hockey next year.

BigShasta likes this.
  2. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

I predict the finals will have awesome ratings. Now if it's 3-0 Cleveland or golden state going into game 4 with all blowouts then that's a different story. But initially with potentially 12-0 GS vs 12-0 Cleveland, that's a ratings gold mine.

rm365 likes this.
  3. PyroTex

PyroTex Member

I want to see LeBron DO Curry so hard he swallows that silly mouthpiece.

4. Mr. Space City

i'm not watching the rest of the WCF / ECF but i'm def watching the finals.

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I haven't watched any of the Golden State/SA series, but have tuned into each Cavs/Celts game only to find it was already a blowout, at which time I turned it off. I'll likely watch the finals, presumably these will be the first close games of the entire post-season

6. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Yeah this

KePoW likes this.
  7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The NBA doesn't care about the diehards who hate these blowouts.

Vast majority of NBA watchers are casual fans who only tune into national TV games and Twitter, and for them, these super teams are all that matters.

malakas likes this.
  8. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Jokes on him! Only warriors games I've seen were on 12/1/16, 1/20/17 &
    3/31/17.

9. mario_v

mario_v Member

I haven't watched ANY of the eastern conference playoffs. I have zero interest in watching lebron go against weak competition.

I did want to watch Spurs vs Warriors but zaza ruined it so I stopped watching after game 1.

Tha_Dude likes this.
  10. lionaire

lionaire Member

I want to see him snatch that stupid thing out of his mouth and stick it in his own. Real power move.

11. what

what Member

I don't know why, Lebron is no better. Dude has 3 allstars on his team, he is absolutely a PED user, and he chases rings with the best of them. In my mind, Cleveland is no better than GS.

el gnomo and juanm34 like this.
  12. PyroTex

PyroTex Member

I'm not for Cleveland, I like to watch Lebron play, Curry makes a nice looking shot , But he is such an azz. Kobe had some sweet moves but I hated his face, with that stupid tongue hangin out, same story on M Jordan.

francis 4 prez likes this.
  13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I won't be watching any of it. The NHL playoffs destroy the NBA almost every year, with the exception of the NBA finals being better in some cases (like last year). The NHL playoffs define parity.

But it is hysterical how much the Predators have turned my uncle and friends in Tennessee into "hockey fans". Gary Bettman faints.

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Superteams are fun to watch. Yes, it sucks that 28 teams in the league have zero chance at a title right now. Yes it sucks that the Rockets are one of them. But this is amping up to be possibly the most star-studded finals match up of all time.

15. what

what Member

Me too man. I started watching for obvious reasons and now I can see why people like it so much. These guys go out there and ball. Plus, there is hardly any ref interference!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is major for me. Hockey players kill each other and it's all legal.

napalm06 likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Durantula always challenges himself in HORSE.

17. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Haven't watched any games since "the incident"

Likely won't watch any of these either unless it goes long, but I really, really, really want to see those b**ches by the bay lose. Just don't expect it to happen.

18. malakas

malakas Member

I'm not watching since the minute Kawhi got injured. Not even the highlights. I don't even bother to check boxscores or any headlines for those series.

I watched a bit Celtics- Cavs but that's because I hate the Celtics and I enjoy seeing them humiliated. Now that IT is down it's not even fun anymore so I rather sleep than stay up and watch.

19. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I'm watching because I want to see Lebron slay this gaggle of pretty boys

swyyyguy and Houstunna like this.
  20. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Does Memphis have a hockey team