1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warriors under Kerr are now 17-3 against the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BandwagonRocket, Mar 28, 2017.

1. BandwagonRocket

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah, it has not been pretty.

DD

3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Such a contrast from how we owned their ass in 12-13 .

Dwight brought us down and they got better .

On the bright side , we've played much better against them 2/3 of the time this year. And I thought we played them well in the playoffs (2014-15) we just didn't have our health and lost 2 close games in GS.

4. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

That doesn't mean much. For the past three years (include this one), they have won 67, 73, and ~65, so they have a big edge over almost every team, not just the Rockets.

Anyone know their records against the Clippers? Probably similar to the one vs. Rockets.

5. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Screw this thread.

6. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Rockets are doing better than I thought they would be.

CantBeRight likes this.
  7. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Yeah, and the Rockets owned the Warriors for like 4 straight decades before that. It's funny how all of these bandwagon Warriors fans come out of hiding all of the sudden and start talking down to teams like the Rockets when just a few years ago these same fans were probably rooting for the Heat or some other team because the Warriors were mostly irrelevant.

Get ****ed.

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Where were all these bandwagon dickbags when it was Mark Jackson leading them?? Oh, that's right, they were too busy being Lakers nut-riders to even know that Steph Curry was a basketball player and not an Indian dish.

9. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

there's worse things than losing twice to the dubs in the same week. makes it more likely that the rox won't have to play them until the conf finals. hopefully the jazz, clippers, or whoever will make it difficult for them. give them the sonics treatment of avoidance early in the postseason.

/defeatist

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

I responded from my Oval Office desk:

Zergling, Ramo$e, sugrlndkid and 12 others like this.
  11. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Wot da Fock is dis shizzz......?

12. BackdoorHarden

mmmm curry chicken

Purp8585 and ramotadab like this.
  13. BackdoorHarden

Real news yo. Fo real shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. This be real y'all

14. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

This will make our series victory over them that much better.

RocketsTerps and BigShasta like this.
  15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

*** the Warriors. They ain't even that good.

16. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Lmao the bitterness in this thread. Yall need to chill.

I understand that it's annoying to deal with Warriors fans who quickly have been the 3rd most annoying fan base to deal with these past few seasons (Mavs 1st, OKC 2nd). Like I get it, man. Those fans are freaking annoying. I never seen a NBA fan base talk more trash than they do. It's LIKELY because we're going through the social media era so we could never see how Jordan's Bulls fans or Shaqs Lakers fans acted after dominating for so long, but I really don't recall any of the Lebron Heat/Cavs fans being this annoying. MAYBE during LeBron's first stint in Cleveland and LeBron's first year in Miami but those teams both got humbled QUICK and soon after the bark on them got a lot quieter after getting embarrassed. Even the Kobe Lakers in 2008 got humbled and plus the LAKERS are the LAKERS so they kind of have a reason to be extra. What exactly are the Warriors if we dont include the past 3 seasons? Just another team in California. Not even Spurs fans are this annoying, right? I mean they do that "no one ever talks about us" bit which is kind of annoying and pathetic, but they never gotten this bad. Never.

I thought the same would happen to Golden State after losing a 3-1 series in the finals. I thought their fans would be humbled and realize they are beatable and probably should decrease their entitledness, but this season they've continued to be just as bad as they were last season. I mean granted..if your team wins 73 games after winning the championship in 2015 then you're allowed to walk around with big nuts, but at a certain point it gets annoying, right?

Gloating after destroying the Thunder this season? Getting triggered by Patrick Beverley saying 1st team all defense? Bullying the Clippers and Rockets fan base because these teams can never beat them? Making fun of Lebron after he beat you in a finals series? Like at a certain point you gotta chill out, right? Like I don't care THAT much that we can't beat the Warriors. It is what it is... we only have James Harden. They have 3 to 4 all-stars. Realistically I'm glad we kept it somewhat close so far this season, but we all had to know we have a high probability to lose gamesome against them, right? Being 17-3 against a team in 3 seasons is awesome for them though. I'm not mad at that. It sucks but we're not seeing them in the 1st or 2nd round if we make it that far. It's cool.

I think we just gotta let Warriors fans do them. Let them enjoy their time. They have been bad for 4 to 5 decades. And I mean like trash bad. Irrelevant bad. Over that span we have been pretty good with some high points. At least relevant and with multiple all-stars. Only difference is that they seem to have 2015 to 2018 (and possibly beyond) locked up with elite basketball. Very few teams will ever do that. Bulls, Celtics, Lakers, and Spurs, right? 3 or more chips in a decade. Just hope they end up like the Bulls. 6 rings in the 90s only so they can suck for the rest of eternity.

I know Morey built this team to beat the Warriors, but it's not built to beat the Warriors. Any team that only has one all star isn't built the beat the Warriors. But we can beat the Spurs and Thunder with this roster though :) If we can do that or at least beat one of them then I can see us getting a 2nd star or possibly a thread and then we will finally make our move! Patience, my brothers. We're on pace to win 55 games. At the beginning most thought we'd sub .600 with a few brave souls saying we'd win 50 games. Avoid the Jazz and Warriors in the playoffs and we have a great chance to make some noise. Go Rockets!

ShutURBiG! likes this.
  17. basketballholic

Here's the bottom line. We can't avoid them. We have to beat them. Period.

James, Steph, KD, Draymond, Klay, etc., they're all the same age, the same basketball generation. So if we gonna win a title here in the Harden era we gotta beat 'em. Which is the way it's always been in the Association. You can talk about last four decades, the historical success of the two organizations, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack. The bottom line is we gotta go through them to get what we want.

Otherwise........we will be just another also-ran in Harden's era, the Stockton/Malone Jazz to the Jordan Bulls, the Bibby/Cwebb/Vlade/Peja Kings to the Kobe/Shaq Lakers................oh, and the MDA/Nash/Amare Suns to the Duncan/Manu/Parker Spurs.

Hate on the Warriors and Spurs all you want. But you'd better respect them and you should admire them for what they've put together. Those two teams are in a class by themselves in the West right now. And all the hoping and wishing that we somehow get lucky against them isn't going to make it happen. We should be studying those teams and figuring out what it is going to take to beat them instead of whining about them.

ChumpCity, Deep Waters and ramotadab like this.
  18. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is that record drastically different than any other team over the same stretch? We have more games because we have a playoff series loss against them, but for the most part, the Warriors have run roughshod over the entire NBA during Kerr's tenure. Because the Cavaliers have a playoff series victory, they may have a decent winning percentage against them. But you have to remember that this is a team that has been to the finals the past two years and won a championship once. They are where we aspire to be and this should help remind us that we are not there yet.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  19. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Somtimes avoiding them is winning. The #1 seed Sonics was upset by Nuggets in the playoffs, next few series it was history.

20. ballgame

ballgame Member

Yeah, but when you come out lackluster and turning the ball over that's what happens.....They have to come out and continue to play like the KNOW they can beat them, same for the Spurs