1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dejounte Murray (Spurs Future All Star PG)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RasaqBoi, Jan 25, 2017.

1. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

When the 2016 draft came around, I said I just hope Murray doesn't slip to the Spurs or Warriors, he can develop very quickly and become dangerous.

Well the Spurs got him at 29th pick........ best fit for him.

His weaknesses coming out were his Shooting and turnovers but the kid can flat out play. Gets to the rim. Dynamic player with great length at pg. 6'5.

With Parker injured these past few games. He's finally getting playing time.

24 points
    14 points
    4 points
    11 points

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/3907497/dejounte-murray

Just another example of how great the Spurs are at drafting. JEALOUS.

While getting selected by the San Antonio Spurs in this year's draft is fantastic landing spot, Dejounte Murray didn't expect to slide as far as he did. After averaging 16.1 points and 4.5 assists last season at Washington, Murray was projected to be taken "10 spots earlier," instead of 29th overall, according to Raul Dominguez of The Associated Press.

LeBron James, who has the same agent as Murray, offered up some words of encouragement and told the 19-year-old, "You might not feel like you landed where you wanted, but you're with the best organization in the NBA."

Asian Sensation and Normalus like this.
  2. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Credit the Spurs for drafting him but how about all the other idiotic teams that let him slip that low? I think anyone that watched college basketball knew how talented he was.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

he mainly scored from 3 and i expected playmaking clicking on that video
    [​IMG]

Tha_Dude likes this.
  4. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

still a tiny sample size.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. varughese.arun

YEAH, he has natural instincts to be a decent PG. if he can consistently knock down the open 3 or hit shots off the screen, he'll be a solid point for that system.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

(Spurs Future All Star PG)
    Bet he's not.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. Normalus

Normalus Member

He was actually around 15-20 in most mocks & I called him a future star before draft. That was a surprise on a draft day that he slipped to Spurs, but with Parker retiring he would be the starter, I guess. Great place to develop.

8. Outlier

Outlier Member

Will be underrated for five years before he's recognized as an all star like Kawhi. Get ready guys.

9. Asian Sensation

Bump.

This guy is a stud and looks like he will indeed be an All-Star.

arabrocket likes this.
  10. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

this guys seems legit to me, at least form last night's game, i miss the days when those gems are on our teams, such as C landry, C lowry, chuck hayes, aaron brooks......

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

He did look good in the games he played in the playoff last season too so, not actually surprised.