1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Expand the rotation !!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Jan 17, 2017.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

It's so obvious to see , our guys are TIRED. We've hit a bit of a wall at this point in the season and that's fine , it happens to every team . For us the effects are magnified. This is for a few reasons .

#1 we REALLY depend on James , if he is sluggish then the whole team suffers.

#2 we are a JUMP SHOOTING team at this point . Tired legs mean tired shooters mean lower percentages

#3 we wanna play FAST , well this is self explanatory.

So if you buy the notion that the team is hitting a wall and I think there is plenty of evidence to show that ... Here are several recent trends

Ego and Ryan shooting
    James turning the ball over more
    Transition game less explosive

Frankly Clint coming back couldn't have happened at a better time , but dantoni HAS to use this to his advantage. My top critique of coach thus far is when he decides to shorten the rotation .

We don't even need to add players , just give more playing time to subs ... But I would prefer adding a player too

We've got a killer schedule coming up and we NEED to come out of it with a respectable showing . If coach continues to grind this team into the ground I can see us losing a lot of momentum .

Finally consider this.... Winning is the ultimate chemistry builder . If we start a slide could our vaunted "chemistry revival" this year also see a reversal ?

DonKnock, hakeem94, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  2. Garner

Garner Member

You know who's not tired? Montrez Harrell.

16 minutes doesn't feel like enough for a guy who has limitless energy and is shooting as efficiently as he is.

3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Doesn't know how to use his elite length to optimal efficiency. He can't defend well enough despite elite wingspan and standing reach. He could if he worked on his timing.

4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I would argue that they could play him at PF and his tools would come quite in handy

DonKnock, HakeemOnlyFan and D-rock like this.
  5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

problem is the roster has a lot of deadweight. brown, ennis, and nanu can't be put on the floor. wiltjer's too green. kj's in the doghouse. and sewer...

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Matter of time before we acquire Ricky Rubio and the rotation would automatically expand. He will be the primary playmaker playing 40 minutes a game while rest role players can come in and out. I bet he makes even KJ McDonalds look like Mitch Richmond

hakeem94 and RasaqBoi like this.
  7. Garner

Garner Member

Be that as it may, i'd much rather see montrez and nene both play 20 minutes than montrez 16 and nene 24

D-rock likes this.
  8. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

I'd put them on the floor and just let them drive to the basket at full force, hope they get an and1 or at least a foul. Just anything to get us a bucket when Harden and the rest of the guys' threes ain't falling.

9. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Tired legs after hitting sugar walls, evidently.

Chamillionaire likes this.
  10. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Should buy a all star player

11. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I've been wondering if any of our three centers could play with another of our three centers. Montrezl seems like the only one that might be able to play out of position. I thought tonight we might benefit from occasionally going to a twin towers lineup for defense, especially when all three of our centers are offensively talented too.

12. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Is that a Strip Club in Miami? Don't answer that

13. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I wonder why Morey hasn't thought of this.

D-rock likes this.
  14. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Release the WILTJER

Pen15clubber likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Would like to see Smoove brought back. Ryno needs some rest and Dekker is not ready for more minutes, let alone starting minutes. And sign some better back ups to Ariza and Gordon.

Instead of waiting for the perfect trades, bring in some proven players. Swing for fences w/out wasting precious resources (picks/rotation players):

Beard - Splash
    Bev - Jimmer
    Ariza - Lance Stephenson
    Ryno - Smoove
    Capela - Larry Sanders - Nene

That's a 9-10 man rotation with ability to players on back to backs. And 5 of those players (not counting Harden) can facilitate offense if necessary.

Worst comes to worst, cut them if experiment or attitudes do not work, and bring back our scrubs. Or maximize the opportunity and combine our scrubs plus picks and player rights for a key player for the present AND the future while still be able to play without let down.

Nerlens Noel would be a nice signing next season, but would be an even better if we could acquire by trade. If not Noel, then Willie Cauley-Stein. Or Danilo Gallinari to play Dekker role. Or just sign Gentile to back up Ariza.

16. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I don't see how you keep bench players engaged and interest when even INJURIES in front of them doesn't even open up time for them. Even against BAD teams where you dont risk much

If its a 9 man rotation and 2 get injured, it'll stay a 7 man rotation, and the bench is quaratined away as though theyre poisonous.

That tells your players that theyre "MUST AVOID", problematic and near worthless to even get played SPOT minutes earlier in the game. Whats the point of all the practice and waiting for "opportunity" then? Its also a lack of development time for younger players.

Thats even BEFORE the wear and tear on the regular rotation

17. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Damn we do have a lot of guys not fit for a win now squad

D-rock likes this.
  18. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Tired legs with that idiotic NBA schedule. Fly from Toronto to Houston to Brooklyn to Miami to Houston.

We need to get rid of that excessive trash on the bench and acquire another quality level bench player who can help Gordon.

DonKnock, hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

a good buddy of mine lives in chengdu and has been hanging out w/ him the past month, i told him to say what's up from clutchfans. i think his season there ends in mid feb and then he could come over

D-rock likes this.
  20. Garner

Garner Member

The Calvary of "proven" players you would like to see brought in are Jimmer, Lance Stephensen, Josh Smith, and Larry Sanders..........................

.......................................................................................can't tell if serious.