1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1st 20 Games: 13 - 7

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Coming into the season you offered this to me with wins over the Spurs and Warriors
    I'd take it.
    They were close in other games and some they just fell flat

Consistency comes with time and this group is playing well

Extrapolate this to the season and it is 52 - 28 (+/- 2 to complete the 82 games. )
    (I said we were not a .500 team. That was just bad coaching)

I am seem more effort - better coaching and consistent effort
    The youngsters are coming along nicely. Barring a CAN'T MISS deal I want to ride this season out with them.

REMEMBER: D'Antoni was a hip check away from the Finals with the Suns.

Rocket River

2. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

I think this road trip gelled the team together

3. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Definitely. It was an early test for this team and they've come out of it all the stronger

4. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

So what would be a successful season to you?

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Should have won two more especially that Thunder game

TexasRedd and Pen15clubber like this.
  6. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

i wish we won the thunder and raptors game...7 losses seems a bit steep, but hopefully we get better.

mkahanek likes this.
  7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

That's, just like your opinion, man

8. jim1961

jim1961 Member

We have played 14 road games. Two more than any other team. To be 9-5 in those games is impressive.

MajorSeanBond and BONIERO1576 like this.
  9. Fantasma Negro

On pace for 56 wins, hopefully its closer to 72...

TheMystery008 likes this.
  10. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i'm impressed with MDA so far. I was very much against his hiring but i'm happy to see him prove me wrong (so far). i like how angry he gets about defensive mistakes. never saw that from him on the sideline before. i'm also impressed with the motion in the half court sets, which i didn't think was a strength of his.

i think we are a 50 win team. i wouldn't wager much higher than that because we havent seen ryno or ego miss any time yet. matching dmo would help as ryno insurance. his addition might push us further into the 50's.

with dmo we are 12 deep. morey usually likes to make a small adjustment at the deadline. i can see some sort of consolidation move (2-for-1, or 3-for-1). if some combo of brewer/KJ/nene brings back a decent upgrade i think we can push into the mid-high 50's and look to pass the spurs (who i think will fall off late in the season).

Phillyrocket likes this.
  11. jim1961

jim1961 Member

The additional good news is that going 10-4 to close out the year might not only be possible, but probable given the opponents and a home biased schedule the rest of the year.

23-11 looks pretty good to me.

TheMystery008 likes this.
  12. Rocket PR

Rocket PR Member

I think they did extremely well with a new sistem, new personal and a terrible schedule . They are starting to get confident and getting a nice swagger a contenders swagger . I hope they built on it . And by the way i love this team it's really fun to watch .

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

In the first 20 games, we only played 7 real contenders IMO

14. AFS

AFS Member

There's only like 4 or 5 real contenders in the entire league.

15. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Impressed with MDA so far. Rebounding and defense seem to be improving. Gordon is even better than I thought.
    Anderson shooting 43% from 3! Capela doing exactly what we needed Howard to do. The role players like Ariza, Brewer, Bev are contributing. Young guys like Dekker and Harrel are looking great.

Honestly Morey, the coaches, players all deserve a lot of kudos for this great start with a tough early road schedule.

I still think Morey makes a consolidation trade at some point. Has to be done fellas. As fun as this team is playing it's just not likely we could take GS in 7. Adding Cousins at the cost of Capela, Dekker would be intriguing. Alternatively trading for Gay you could keep the young guys and either keep Gay or possibly sign Hayward in the offseason.

Lots to be excited about. Good job Rockets!

RocketWalta likes this.
  16. thedude077

thedude077 Member

How were they last year in 20 games in?

17. alethios

alethios Member

Excellent record considering the league did us dirty by gifting us 14 road games out of this 20.

18. bongman

bongman Member

This also means that we have had the least amount of practice time in the league. It's scary to think that we can still get a lot better.

19. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I'm usually a huge pessimist and I have to say I am very impressed with this start. You can't ask for much more. A few of the losses were disappointing, but that happens to every team in the NBA, and way more likely to happen to a team thats just getting use to each other. On top of the fact that our record is good, we are actually fun to watch. Night and day from last year.

Adding Dmo will give us more security for any injuries in our front court, but I don't see how we can add him and not mess with our rotation. You have to assume Morey and MDA like what they are seeing from Dekker and Harrell and would like to keep playing them their minutes if not more. Nene started the season looking good but I'd much prefer to see Harrell eat his minutes.

20. joomba

joomba Member