1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NEW NAME: Official Waiting for DMo's First Game Back as a Player Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Os Trigonum, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Our long national nightmare is almost over. Here's the place to post your favorite memories and remembrances of the DMo contract struggle, as well as expressions of hopes and dreams for the next phase of DMo's Rockets career.

Of course, if the Rockets do NOT match the Nets' offer, well then . . . DMo, thanks for the memories.

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Someone should post the relevant Woj tweets with the details of the deal

3. thedude077

thedude077 Member

They should not match the offer. They should let him go because he can't stay healthy!

pillardsap likes this.
  4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Dunno if they will match, it seems that we would, but you never know - Morey may value cap room for next year more than DMo.

DD

5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

What do you mean, can't stay healthy? This is the first time he's been really injured that I can recall. As far as staying healthy, it remains to be seen if he actually is healthy (both short term and long term) rather than staying healthy.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Waiting & watching this D-Mo situation play out:

[​IMG]

Remlap, CCity Zero, ramotadab and 3 others like this.
  7. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Do the Rockets have to wait the full 72 hours? This has gone on for so long that I feel like the Rockets already have an idea what they are gonna do.

8. opticon

opticon Member

The only limiting factor is them officially receiving the offer from the nets. Once they have the offer in hand they can accept it as soon as they like.

IslandB.O.I. likes this.
  9. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

10. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Going into FA, if we could have gotten D-Mo below 10M a year (4/37M), I would have jumped at that and demanded Morey to sign it immediately.

But with how hesitant the Rockets and the rest of the NBA has been to sign D-Mo this offseason, I don't know anymore.

On paper, getting D-Mo for that yearly salary is a steal. This is a guy that is a legit post option, can shoot the three, very good positional defender and can pass the ball. In a world that Bismack, Mozgov and other lesser big men get 15M/year easy, D-Mo at a little over 9M/year is a steal. But the length is worrisome. Even though only the first two years are guaranteed, signing D-Mo would basically lock our team up for the next 2 seasons. I don't think Morey likes committing like that unless its a team that has undoubted contender talent, which I don't think this team has adding D-Mo..

RudyTBag likes this.
  11. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Do not expect Daryl to match because he seems to care a lot about "flexibility" so he can pay guys like Ryan Anderson $20 million per year.

12. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

and there's the chemistry issue. He would be rejoining the team as an outsider in some ways. It will affect other players' minutes. On the other hand, we could use more height. I'm 50/50 on it . . . .

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

FIRST PAGE!!!

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Me thinks this DMo thread will not even cross 10 pages

So not worth my popcorn.

Good to be in on the 1st though

J.R. and daywalker02 like this.
  15. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Welcome to Day One of the DMo Weekend Wait. How are folks spending the day today? Perusing old threads on CF, renewing old friendships, while putting others on ignore? arguing about the MVP race in December? Who's already writing their post-contract signing victory speeches, with the inevitable YuleC's drowning out the losers' cries come Monday? Expect the unexpected, remember, that was Hillary's mistake, and why she didn't have a concession speech ready to go. So get 'er done Clutch Fans, just because Les and Murray are mulling over the options, doesn't mean you all get to take the weekend off.

[​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dayum it, I feel like a ghost or skeleton too, maybe ghost in the shell if I were you?

17. omgTHEpotential

Morey would be dumb not to match such a team friendly deal for a quality role player. Unless he knows something WE don't.

DreamShakeFTW and roslolian like this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Just to be inofficially official.

19. omgTHEpotential

20. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Day Two of the DMo Weekend Wait. I'm sensing a shift in the mood on CF, now not so overwhelmingly in favor of matching the Nets' contract terms. We've had a deeper analysis of the contract and cap situation from @BimaThug , folks are trying to look further into the future to see the big picture, so who knows? Where do folks stand today on Sunday?