1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anderson OWNED KD last night. People need to be talking about this

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hakeemthagreat, Dec 2, 2016.

1. hakeemthagreat

Probably isn't thread worthy but I watched the highlights of Anderson, and didn't realize how bad he made KD look. We think of Anderson as strictly a spot up shooter, but last night we learned he can indeed get his shot off anytime. Peep out the 2 stepbacks he hit KD with (one of them was CLUTCH lol) and the time KD ran up the court laughing and ended up losing Anderson for a quick 3. Those stepbacks are as bad as anything I've seen made KD look. Durant may have had a good offensive game but he still got OWNED by a Matt Bullard on steroids. Oh and everytime KD gets embarrassed we need to make videos of him like they did Harden before.

Batman Jones likes this.
  2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Nice.

Cleverly disguised "Rockets are better off signing Ryan Anderson as a free agent this past summer instead of KD" thread.

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Durant had like 40 something last night. How is that ownage?

5. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Durant is not a good enough defender to consistently play small ball big.

#5 Crashlanded19, Dec 2, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
    ramotadab likes this.
  6. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Those step backs were sick.

7. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

But he COULD have had 80 if not for that Anderson D-Fense.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  8. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Durant can score like that on good defenders. Ryno actually was decent against him. It's not like when Aldridge looked like Hakeem against T Jones.

9. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

Durant is an insanely good offensive player as well as defender. Nothing you can do besides try to make him work defensively, and Ryno really brought the maximum clutch performance last night.

saleem, Richie_Rich, Deckard and 2 others like this.
  10. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Yea Durant is not Curry, where you can take him off his game by grabbing him running around screens or refusing to switch bigs onto him (he rarely iso against guards). Because of his size, Durant can not be stopped, only contained.

With that said, Durant also takes atrocious shots in crunch time, so having Curry out of the game was a great thing for us.

It was not by accident either, once Curry got a few fouls racked up, they kept sending Harden at him to try and draw more fouls on him.
    From my view this was something that was game planned by MDA, it was too deliberate.

BigMaloe likes this.
  11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I don't see how this has anything to do with durant. anderson shot some of those threes from 5 miles away

He did outbox out the GS front court though at times which is just hilarious

12. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

what are you saying its a conspiracy theory that we would try to get the nba's golden boy fouled out before the game ends! thats blasphemy!

Pen15clubber likes this.
  13. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

this.

I also wouldn't put Durant's ridiculous numbers solely on Ryno's shoulders.

A) we switch on everything
    B) we had several defensive lapses with players losing their matchups - and most of those seemed to end up with Durant getting a wide open look

last night was one of the best NBA games I've ever watched and I loved how Ryno played, but I categorize owning someone as a situation where a player can get to the cup at will. Not shoot a 3pt shot from 3ft behind the line.

14. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I don't think he "owned" him but I do think he played hard against him for the most part and made him work for his.

KD is an MVP he's going to get his, you just have to keep him from getting his helping everyone else get theirs too.

But regardless of if Anderson owned KD or not... I do know we don't win last night without Anderson.

saleem and dragonwill like this.
  15. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

When first saw Durant and his proportions:

[​IMG]

wouldabeen23 likes this.
  16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Overpaid yes but that doesn't mean he sucks

17. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

If he plays that way more often, then we are in pretty good shape assuming Gordon doesn't go MIA. That was impressive. See what Anderson does tonite. Hopefully, he's still hitting 3s at a 50% or better clip.

18. Exiled

Exiled Member

Anderson OWNED KD last night(morally). People need to be talking about this

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I complained bitterly about the contract Anderson got from Daryl, but after last night, I gotta say something and here it is:

"I was wrong!"

20. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

ftfy