1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Per Ackerman in the game broadcast, Von Wafer is BACK

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jimmy Chitwood, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Jimmy Chitwood

Ackerman says that the Delaware 87ers just signed him. I've been frantically searching the Internet for further confirmation, but to no avail.

Anyone have a tweet or obscure article referencing this momentous occasion? Also, can we trade Brewer and Harden for Wafer?

Wolverrines likes this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

WILMINGTON, DE – NOVEMBER 25, 2016 – The Delaware 87ers announced today that the team has claimed guard-forward Von Wafer off waivers.

A veteran of six NBA seasons with the Los Angeles Lakers, Los Angeles Clippers, Denver, Portland, Houston, Boston and Orlando, Wafer most recently split time in the past year with Leones De Ponce in the Baloncesto Superior Nacional (BSN) league and Jiangsu Tong Xi of the Chinese Basketball Association. Wafer averaged 26 points, four rebounds and four assists while shooting 47-percent from the floor across both leagues in 2015-16.

Wafer, who was the 39th overall selection by the Lakers in the 2005 NBA Draft out of Florida State, has also averaged seven points over 17 career NBA Playoff games.

In a related move, the Sevens waived guard Naadir Tharpe.​

Jimmy Chitwood likes this.
  3. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Y? He'll just crumble like a cookie bc he's a Wafer.

Pen15clubber and ramotadab like this.
  4. Jimmy Chitwood

You take that back immediately.

CantBeRight likes this.
  5. topfive

topfive CF OG

6. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Who would of thought Von Wafer's haircut was trendy.

Sanity2disChaos and RasaqBoi like this.
  7. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

how old is he now?

8. hakeemthagreat

Still don't know what happened with him & Adelman. Wafer apparently said something to Adelman in the playoffs and he never played again

9. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

He played in Boston after..

he was one of my fav players in those two years...dude brought incredible energy off the bench, and it felt like every shot he took, would fall...

ROXonROXonROX likes this.
  10. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

Von is the man! He was my favorite player when he was here. I always saw some start potential in him. I hope we can sign him

11. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Batman Jones likes this.
  12. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

ROXonROXonROX likes this.
  13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

14. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Freaking loved Von Wafer.

15. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

The twitter begging worked!

http://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/von-wafer-pleads-on-twitter-for-another-chance-in-nba/314490

[​IMG]

Von Wafer last played in the NBA in 2012. However, he hasn’t given up on playing in the league and wants one more opportunity to show he can contribute.

Wafer was drafted in the second round of the 2005 draft by the Lakers. From there, he went on to spend time with the Clippers, Nuggets, Blazers, Rockets, Celtics, and Magic. Wafer has also played in leagues in Greece, Italy, China, Russia, and most recently Puerto Rico.

On Tuesday, the 31-year-old guard posted a series of candid and reflective tweets, letting the world know he’s not ashamed to use social media to help him get another chance in the NBA. Wafer even said he will show up to NBA facilities, if needed, to seek out an opportunity.

Follow
    [​IMG]Vakeaton wafer

✔@vonwafer13

wish I had this mentality at a young age. I don't care how talented you are if ur mind is not in the rt place talent can only go so far

12:54 PM - 26 Jul 2016

Follow
    [​IMG]Vakeaton wafer

✔@vonwafer13

I pray for another opportunity man. It may never come. Take that as a lesson make the most of everything u are given. Nothing is promised

12:56 PM - 26 Jul 2016

Follow
    [​IMG]Vakeaton wafer

✔@vonwafer13

Do not stress about what you can't control. That energy you are wasting on that could have gone towards an even bigger blessing

12:58 PM - 26 Jul 2016

Follow
    [​IMG]Vakeaton wafer

✔@vonwafer13

Please kids don't be like me. Wasted so much God givin talented over the years but that's cool we moving forward and doing it Rt now.

12:59 PM - 26 Jul 2016

Follow
    [​IMG]Vakeaton wafer

✔@vonwafer13

I'm not ashamed to get on social media and beg for an opportunity back in the nba. I don't care about nothing just give me an opportunity

1:01 PM - 26 Jul 2016

Follow
    [​IMG]Vakeaton wafer

✔@vonwafer13

Not about [​IMG][​IMG] either because I'm str8 on That end. my legacy on tha line man. I'm not goin out like that. There will only be 1 Von wafer

1:04 PM - 26 Jul 2016

Follow
    [​IMG]Vakeaton wafer

✔@vonwafer13

if I don't get a call by the 15th. I'm going to start going to nba facilities and asking what do I need to do just need a opportunity.

1:08 PM - 26 Jul 2016

After seeing Wafer lay it all out there the way he did, it’s hard to not root for him to receive the chance he desires. In his last stint in the NBA, with the Magic during the 2011-2012 season, Wafer played in 33 games and averaged 5.9 points in 14.2 minutes per game.

Wafer wouldn’t be the first person to show up at the doorstep of a team, if he chooses to go that route. A man stood outside of the Houston Texans’ stadium holding a sign last year, encouraging them to give him a shot. While the Texans ultimately passed, the Jets did sign him to the practice squad. Hopefully, Wafer gets a look too.

16. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

The shooting guard version of Beasley.

ramotadab likes this.
  17. RocketsFan92

RocketsFan92 Member

18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

They should called themselves the 86ers if Von W. is on the roster.

19. craguin

craguin Member

Morey trolls CA...

KingCheetah likes this.
  20. joeson332

joeson332 Member

My Twitter Raphiael Putney campaign never worked, dont want to get heart broken again

D-rock likes this.