1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey is smart but does he know Basketball?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, Oct 28, 2016.

1. ballgame

ballgame Member

In looking at the current roster after the lost to the Lakers, I noticed one key thing! And I notice how it continues to happen year in and year out....The Rockets never have a complete roster and it's all at the hands of one person.....D. Morey!

This year we go out and sign Anderson, Gordon and Nene to reinforce a run and shoot atmosphere, then we go out and trade for Tyler Ennis. I'll be the first to admit Beasley was a black hole and probably didn't fit MDA's system but to bring in Tyler Ennis, rather than going after Michael Carter Williams is baffling! MCW offers court vision, defense, rebounding and he can get to the basket. Similar to Shaun Livingston and although his shooting is below average, that's something that can be worked on, i.e Pat Beverly.

I wasn't aware of the conversation that took place before the trade but now knowing that MCW was traded shortly after Ennis it difficult to understand WHY IN THE HELL MOREY DIDN'T GO AFTER MCW?? Anyone who saw the game against the Lakers can attest that the game was lost in the 4th quarter, when Harden went to the bench and Ennis was at the point guard spot. Ennis offers nothing on the offensive end, whereas the Lakers are came of the bench with Clarkson and that's where the game was lost. If Morey would have gone after MCW, rather than Ennis I think MCW would've presented more of a challenge on the defensive end for Clarkson.

Morey continues to build teams that relies on the star players way too much. As with T-Mac and Yao, he never was able to find a reliable third score that could take the pressure off of them. He brought in short players that couldn't get their shots off or couldn't rebound against the better teams; Luther Head, Aaron Brooks, Joey Dorsey, etc. Which brings us to the Harden era. If Harden continues to play at the same rate of 38+ mins a game, he may have another 4 or 5 yrs of being a top 5 NBA player. I think Anderson and Gordon are good additions but once again, we have NO PLAYERS behind them. And I think MCW would've been a good pickup versus electing to go for Ennis who they contemplating cutting!

cheke64 likes this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

So you made this thread to complain about not getting MCW who apparently sounds like a superstar here

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

A rage thread about Michael Carter Williams.....lol?

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I always wondered this about Jeremy Lin.

Smart enough to go to Harvard, but is he smart enough to run the point, and buy a couch?

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  5. hakeemthagreat

Who is our pg outside of Harden? How is Ennis doing so far

6. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

He knows gynecology

heypartner likes this.
  7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

How is MCW doing with his career so far?

8. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I guess no.

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

OP knows nothing about basketball if he wants MCW.

snowconeman22 and heypartner like this.
  10. Mr. Motiejunas

Morley is fat.

Invisible Fan and ilovehtownbb like this.
  11. King901

King901 Member

I believe his name is Beverly. But he's injured at the moment.

12. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

We've reached an all time low if we're crying about Michael Carter Williams

13. hakeemthagreat

The question is MCW a better option than what we have now, and the answer is just about anybody available is a better option than Ennis. Maybe Morey doesn't know as much basketball as we think

14. hakeemthagreat

No. Beverley is the starting 2 guard. We haven't had a legit backup PG since training camp. The one we currently have is probably the WORST backup guard in the league. There were better options out there Morey sought after this guy and put him on this roster.

15. King901

King901 Member

Since when did morey have the power to force people to sign here? If people don't want to come then they won't. Yall act like it's just on him. Be mad at every player who didn't want to play here.

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I was going to Like this, if it weren't for you misspelling his name.

Mazulis likes this.
  17. Jontro

Jontro Member

if the thought of MCW manning our 1 doesn't give you a chub, then there's something wrong wichu.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  18. Nimo

Nimo Member

OP knows basketball; but is he smart?

19. CertifiedTroll

He seemed to think this Harden bench player had some potential, when other teams could have traded for him relatively low.

20. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

You lost me at MCW.

I doubt teams were lining up to trade for Beasley despite his success here last year. Hell, he was in China before us...