1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Troll Thought] Improving Last Night

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CertifiedTroll, Oct 27, 2016.

1. CertifiedTroll

How to Improve Last Night in a Vacuum

The season has started! That is a positive thing first off, probably not how many of us wanted. We have time to improve [Calm Down].

I want to point out that last nights Lakers team is a MUCH better Lakers team than you saw last year. Their chemistry was not toxic, they are clicking. Swaggy-freaking-Pette is playing D. So whatever the hell is going on over in Lakers land is positive. HOWEVER, we should not have lost.

What we could have done to prevent losing:

• I loved the MDA tried to rest Harden as much as humanly possible. I believe it cost us the game, but at the end of the season, I think having a rested Harden will be key to playoff success.

• Ennis (Morrey)- He cost us Beasley, and now Prigs. Either player would have been better last night. It is a damn shame we do not have Beasley leading our second unit, but as reported he had attitude issues developing in the off-season (source: Random CFans poster)

• This is somewhat generic, improved our defense.. To me what this means is we need more Capela. I have no problem playing Nene more, once and if we sign DMo back. Capela/Anderson pair well, DMo/Nene pair.

• Last night our shooting was bad. Our D was bad. In games like this put in Montrez. If there is going to be tons of long rebounds on the offensive side, he will get your team a lot of extra possessions.

• KJ should start next to Harden if he is able to play at the same level has been playing at all pre-season and last night, simple as that. He has looked great.

To sum up what my rambling bullets were trying to explain.. Change rotations to try to create either better defense or extra rebounds when you are bricking.

It is scary to lose to a young Lakers team first game of the season, but I think as the season progresses we will realize they are not near as bad as they were in the past. We will also improve, or so I hope.

C.Troll

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

in my opinion this post isn't getting enough love. Not sure more Capela is the answer, but most of what CT says here is sensible.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This wasn't a troll post at all... @CertifiedTroll, Can you expound on Beasley's attitude issues?

4. eman

eman Contributing Member

Can't believe I stayed up way past my bedtime to watch that crap-- that miserable D had me feeling the likely outcome in the 1st Q, and I slogged through to the bitter end-- and only 24 hours after doing the same to see the Spurs show us how it's done. Sort of like getting it rubbed in my face. Oh well, it's not like I'm not used to it. Go Rockets!

PS agree every Troll bullet right on target

CertifiedTroll likes this.
  5. thegreatdantoni

Keith Jones,

Ennis is young. He needs time, maybe it is time on the bench for a little while. Can we get him some videos of steve nash and how he would keep his dribble alive?
    I like what I see from Capela on the pick and roll. Defensively, I think Capela needs to slow down a little bit mentally. I think if he would stay a little tighter and keep his center of gravity a little lower, he could be a great rim protector. I hope he is practicing back to the basket footwork though, because he has the lateral agility to be great. And can our new draft pick please teach him underhand free throws. Capela ain't got nothing going at the line to take pride in. No shame in that. He could have some pride while he scores 25 a game raining underhanded free throws on people though. Capela developing confidence, free throw ability, strength, and footwork are probably the 4 biggest things that could help the Rox going forward.
    Let's be real though guys, OP Keith Jones probably got in a fight with Beasley and that's why he's gone. OP KJ ran him out of town.
    Montrezl looks good. I think he has touch on offense that we haven't fully explored yet. He needs to keep up his hustle though. That's what's making him great. Needs more PT though agreed. I'd be ok with him having some of Anderson's minutes for now.
    I'd be OK with passing on DMO for more financial flexibility I think. I'd also welcome him back and get him to teach Capela and Montrezl post moves while praying for his health. I say we groom up Wiltjer though. I don't like all the bad contracts being thrown around. Sounds good now, doesn't sound good later.

Dantoni

CertifiedTroll likes this.
  6. CertifiedTroll

I searched for the reply I received where a poster explained to me that he had a bad attitude about Harden's summer get together camp. If someone can explain how to search farther into my history I can credit the source and give his exact words.

7. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Was anyone surprised that the Rockets are terrible on defense when they brought in MDA, Ryno, Gordon, Prigioni (later released), Ennis, and the artist formerly known as Maybyner Hilario? It was clear from the get go that Les was all in on an all O, no D, run and gun team. That they hired a defensive assistant should not have fooled anyone.

8. CertifiedTroll

No one expected to be terrible vs the Lakers. That is why there is such panic. However, it can be improved and most nights we can out offense teams ( I hope).

9. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I wouldnt start KJ over Gordon....I'd start him over Ariza.

Or simply just reduce Arizas minutes and do not play Brewer at all. KJ should get more minutes whether it's at the 2 or 3.