1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017 Free Agency Target

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Oct 26, 2016.

1. rockets13champs

JJ Reddick

How great would we be with gordon, anderson and reddick??
    Especially with cp3 and blake only taking them so far every year.
    How far will we go this year? 2nd round exit?
    I think this would be such an underrated move.

2. arjun

arjun Member

Blake Griffin ALL DAY.

MDA will convince him with the Amare role. If you think about it, Blake would fit the Amare role PERFECT. LIKE PERFECT.

3. rockets13champs

I think capela is doing the tyson chandler role.

Its much like the knicks pre melo but with more 3 point shooters and yeah harden himself. So tht elevates the team to much higher heights

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think Gordon Hayward and Blake will be our main targets...whether we get them or not...wouldn't count on it. Will probably have to do with how well the Rockets play in comparison to the Jazz/Clippers

5. arjun

arjun Member

If Clippers don't make it to WCF, I firmly believe CP3 will leave, and so will Blake and JJ

6. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Or better yet, Warriors implode this season because there is only one basketball, so Durant comes to Houston..

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

JJ is ok, imo he's also a bit underrated as a defender but eh, i don't think he's what this team is missing, and he'll probably look to get paid so...

Blake on the other hand...just perfect with Harden, Capela and MDA, he also worked on his outside shot this summer and it looks much smoother now...obviously what i'm going to post next is a pipe dream, but i would love to have this starting 5 in a couple of years:

Capela
    Griffin
    George
    Harden
    Beverley (or someone else lol)

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Hayward would be pretty good too but i already see him in a green jersey lol

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Blake Griffin

10. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

Haywood which I think there's a good chance and Griffin which there's no chance. Hope he targets the likes of Kyle korver and patty mills

11. photojoe

photojoe Member

Kyle Korver?

As much as I like him and have wanted his three point shooting on the Rockets for years now, how old will he be in the 2017 offseason? Dude seems like he's been around for forever. I guess he would be good if we were looking to replace the Jason Terry role

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think Korver is almost done at this point, he regressed last season and will be 36 next summer...

13. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

I think a relastic target could be a person like danillo gallinari would go nice with eric gordon and Ryno but don't know about danillo defense

14. lionaire

lionaire Member

What we need to do is target the redhead from Matt Barnes' old stomping grounds