1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DeMarcus Cousins or Anthony Davis

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rokman, Oct 8, 2016.

?

DeMarcus Cousins or Anthony Davis

1. DeMarcus Cousins

12 vote(s)
    16.2%
  2. Anthony Davis

62 vote(s)
    83.8%
  1. Rokman

Rokman Member

If you are able to acquire either DeMarcus Cousins or Anthony Davis to pair with James Harden in a D'Antoni/Bzdelik system who do you choose and why? Let's assume you HAD to lose at least Capela / Ariza / Picks (Probably Anderson as well but that's up for debate).

Which player do you choose? Why?

Which feasible players that remain do you put in the starting lineup?

How well do the Rockets compete with GSW / SAS / CLE?

Discuss.

2. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

One player is often mentioned in trade rumors. One player would never be mentioned in trade rumors in a million years.

Obviously, you take the latter.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Anthony Davis ... if you told me he could stay healthy. But ahh **** it, we already got two injury prone Pelicans, why not a third? ;)

Rockets do not have the assets for either.

4. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

It's not as though Cousins is anymore durable than AD; he's missed just as many games over the past three years. So I'm taking Davis.

5. Rokman

Rokman Member

Considering its just hypothetical regardless of likelihood or current rumor, which of the two players is a better fit and assuming we would have to give up players of value to acquire them? The premise is fantasy. The results are conjecture.

6. Rokman

Rokman Member

Dude, your signature is hilarious!

7. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet
    Supporting Member

The one that isn't a cancer that burns through coaches, GMs, and owners like Harden burns through strippers.

CCity Zero and J.R. like this.
  8. Rokman

Rokman Member

Looks like everyone thinks the same thing I do. Davis.

9. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

One of the two hasn't ever played in a playoff game.

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Since we are talking about three 2015-16 Pelicans playing together, more interesting question for me is:

Harden, Gordon, Anderson, Davis on the Rockets
    or
    Harden, Gordon, Anderson, Davis on the Pelicans

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Thanks to Durant getting injured and the Rockets getting screwed with NOLA's draft pick resulting in losing out on Cameron Payne (don't sleep on this kid). Plus, just one pick away from Devin Booker, maybe an easy trade to move up one spot?? Who knows, with Durant around, and no shot at catching Dallas for the #8 seed, maybe NOLA tanks enough to deliver the Booker #13th pick.

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

i think we should get a more seasoned veteran center. someone like dwight, he seems like he could fit well with harden's game. plus he has a friendly smile that would melt the hearts of our opponents.

13. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Hypo:

If you had unlimited roster spots and cap space, would you trade wiltjer and the rights to Sergio llull in exchange for all the players in the NBA from every team?

To make this work, all teams would have to share their ownership of wiltjer and llull, so those two would basically rotate amongst every team in the league.

14. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Davis >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cousins. Davis has the right discipline, skill set and mind set to succeed in almost any situation on any team but as amazing as Cousins is.. he's all about him, himself and he.

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I agree with this. I would rather take someone like Dwight who no matter how any season ends is still a champion who won't let anyone tell him different than losers like Cousins or Davis

Jontro likes this.
  16. CRJ713

CRJ713 Member

I'd go with Cousins only due to Davis's health...

17. Pirytic

Pirytic Member

Wanna bet on that?

18. lionaire

lionaire Member

Are people actually still running with this agenda that Boogie is the problem and not the management? lmao

19. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Both can be true. Are you actually suggesting that Boogie ISN'T an immature, temperamental moron?

20. lionaire

lionaire Member

I wouldn't say he's immature, otherwise Coach K wouldn't hand select him to represent the USA in the Olympics.

I will agree that he has temper issues but never has it been detrimental to his teams success. The guy hates losing and has been in a losing situation his entire career. The Kings have continued to make questionable moves during the Boogie era and have failed to surround him with a competent team. If he was in a winning situation acting up the way he does people say it's "passion."