1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hear me out. Chris Bosh?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Sep 30, 2016.

1. mockster

mockster Member

http://uproxx.it/2cHWdlm

Chris bosh is claiming he's not going to let the Heat decide his career is over. I'm no medical expert and it sounds like his clots are a deal breaker but he seems pretty determined to play. Pat Riley haven't been the most rational person lately with the whole wade thing she maybe he's overlooking this entirely

What is everyone's thoughts?. Would a somewhat tear rental to test the waters be a good idea?.

Chris bosh seems more then certain he will be playing ball

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I wouldn't want some dude dropping dead on the court be part of the legacy of my team. Defer to the doctors over the business on this one.

napalm06, Deuce and Raven like this.
  3. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

IMO, only if docs clear him 100% and for league minimum, however, I lean more towards no simply because you dont want to put his life in danger.

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

It would be morally wrong to exploit his delusional mentality. He could literally die.

5. Le$$

Le$$ Member

1 year rental for the death sentence. Rockets would be known as a team "we wanted him so bad, he died here"... no thanks..

desi tmac91 and PyroTex like this.
  6. payaso

payaso Member

Maybe as a special stretch-four coach... he cleans up well, looks good on the bench.

7. alethios

alethios Member

I doubt any team wants to take that chance. His career is over as a player.

Remlap likes this.
  8. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

If he can play, yes of course. He could be a option if the dmo thing never gets handled. Even with dmo I still feel the Rockets need someone else in the frontcourt.

I really don't think the Rockets would demand big minutes from him. We just need someone like him for the postseason. Millsap is a good option next summer, if things don't work out.

Yes I'm still a Bosh fan, even after he shafted us. But he got a good deal, that no one would have passed up.

#8 Crashlanded19, Sep 30, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  9. vick

vick Member

No he turned down Rockets twice. Plus they do not need the drama of Bosh.

Remlap, dragonwill and crimsonghost like this.
  10. basketballholic

We'll take him and amnesty him next summer/fall/winter after the new CBA is in place. But only if they send us Winslow......or possibly Dragic if we can cobble together the salary.

11. CertifiedTroll

Who would we have to send to absorb Bosh's contract and take on Winslow?

12. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Alot I'd rather wait and see if the heat waive him and pick him up on a one year deal.

13. malakas

malakas Member

He will have to find a team outside of the NBA to allow him to play. Perhaps China.
    The problem isn't the minutes, it's the contact. If he bumps hard in the post against another player while on blood thinners he could end up dying on the court.

14. CertifiedTroll

The idea is not to ever acquire Bosh to play him. BBHolic suggests we take him in order to cut him. The incentive would be that we would also receive a sweetener in the deal, he suggests Justice Winslow.

Edit: BBH also suggests that this is gambling on the fact that new CBA rules allow for an option to cut him.

15. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Everybody here is claiming they not a medical doctor "BUT" wouldn't pick up Bosh bc of his blood clots and he could die *yadi yadi ya*. My view is different which i find it hard to believe that no one is bringing it up maybe bc it's not ethical or people "actually" believe Pat Riley wouldn't do such a thing but here is my POV. I honestly think PR is using CB's clots to his advantage, you see PR signed CB to a lucrative deal 2 summers ago out of desperation, PR knew along with the whole league that it was a panic move. You look at Heat now and start to realize that they've been building since CB resigned but have been limited in rebuilding their team bc of CB's and Wade's contracts. Isn't ironic how Pat can't resign Wade and now refuses to listen to CB tell him that he can play? Keep in mind team doctors failed Bosh from his physical not a 3rd party doctor. Heat know if Bosh isn't cleared to play by Feb i believe, his salary would drop from the teams salary and give the Heat an extra 20+ mill to spend next summer which ironically is when Curry, Blake, and Serge just to name a few are available not to mention GS is going to have to decide on KD,Curry,Klay, or Green... I just find it fishy how Pat and CB aren't talking, team doctors failed his physical, and Heat aren't trying to come up with solutions. Instead all they are saying is BS that is ruining CB's chances of playing again, end of the day the NBA is a business and no one cares about you when you become a liability and quit frankly thats what CB has become.

Little Bit and gabion like this.
  16. underrated015

underrated015 Member

He turned us down twice. Let him enjoy South Beach Forever.

dragonwill and Remlap like this.
  17. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

just took a huge risk with this new roster, dont need to add to it. we already tried diwght and that failed. bosh has a cap killing contract and migh tnever play a full season agai, including playoffs. need to take less risks and ake more certain moves like a proven ball handling/play making pg

18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

3rd times a charm... More like a nail in the coffin. Bosh needs to hang it up and enjoy life. Pulmonary embolism is no joke and unlimited money can't save you. Sure NHL dude risked it, but bosh won, made tons of dough, leave it alive.

Maybe Morey could get him a 3rd ipad w/ League Pass. Or a scouting spot, just to piss off the heat, but I don't think Riley is worried or would care much, he'll just dump his rings on the table for his next big signing. It's a business and Riley produces.

19. CertifiedTroll

*yadi yadi ya*?

What we know:
    Fact: Bosh had 2 blood clots.
    Fact: Bosh is taking blood thinners.
    Fact: He has serious risk of bleeding, which could be fatal.

So why would Pat Riley not play Bosh? It would benefit him most to play him, pretend he is okay for a few games.. Then trade him. Your theory is flawed. I would also suggest this article.

I am all for NBA conspiracy theories. I think the NOP drafting Anthony Davis was rigged, I think the refs have favored teams in the playoffs, BUT I do not see any benefit in the Heat sidelining Bosh other than it being ethical and the correct medical action.

http://www.si.com/nba/chris-bosh-health-blood-clot-miami-heat-nba-playoffs

Why Chris Bosh's blood clot kept him out of the playoffs
    [​IMG]
    ROHAN NADKARNI
    Thursday May 5th, 2016

The Miami Heat were an (extremely) dark horse candidate to win the Eastern Conference in 2015–16, with some having seen seen the Heat as the team best suited to challenge their old friend LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers in a potential conference-final matchup.

However, the Heat’s chances to even make the playoffs suffered a big blow mid-season, when the team’s best player Chris Bosh missed every game after Feb. 9 due to the reoccurrence of a blood clot. Bosh had played in every game for the Heat until the All-Star break, until he was mysteriously pulled from the All-Star Game with what was initially ruled a calf strain.

Quickly, it was determined Bosh was suffering from a blood clot, putting his season, if not his career, at risk. Rumors persisted that Bosh was pursuing a return, but ceased in early May when he and the team announced he would be out for the postseason. Here’s why we don’t know when we’ll see Chris Bosh back on the court.

Hold on, didn't this all happen before?

This is the second straight year Bosh has suffered from a blood clot. Last season, the issue wasn’t discovered until after the All-Star Game, when Bosh found himself feeling ill on vacation. The situation was immediately serious—Bosh’s blood clot had traveled from his calf to his lung, leading to his hospitalization. The day after last February’s trade deadline, Bosh was ruled out for the rest of the 2014–15 season. Over the summer, the Heat announced Bosh was expected to make a full recovery and return for the 2015–16 season.

Why wasn’t Bosh ruled out for the season immediately this year?

Bosh’s medical situation was a little different this season. It appears the clot was discovered sooner, before it traveled to Bosh’s lung, which could have put him at risk of suffering a pulmonary embolism. The Heat, out of respect to Bosh, did not make a single comment on Bosh until the announcement in May. The Heat listed Bosh on the injury report every night, but refused to give a reason why, even as the blood clot became public knowledge.

The reason for the team’s silence? Bosh appeared to truly believe he could come back. Hereleased a statement in March saying he was “positive” he would be able to return and was no longer suffering from deep vein thrombosis. Interestingly, Bosh released the statement independent of the Heat, leading to speculation about a disagreement with the player and the franchise.

• MORE NBA: Chris Bosh values life after near-death experience

Why couldn’t Bosh return if the clot wasn’t as serious?

It’s not that simple. The typical medication for blood clots is to take blood thinners, which can put users at the risk of heavy bleeding during physical contact. For an NBA player, this is obviously not ideal.

The Miami Herald’s Barry Jackson and Ethan Skolnick reported in April that Bosh sought multiple opinions on how to treat the clots. At the behest of several doctors, he opted for blood thinners even though his DVT had dissipated in March. According to the report, the Heat didn’t even consider letting Bosh play while taking blood thinners, because the risks are severe, and in some cases, could even be fatal.

Why wouldn't the Heat let Bosh play if he wanted to?

Bosh’s determination to play put him at odds with the organization, which seemed to be the more cautious party. The Herald reported the team wouldn’t have let Bosh on the court even if he signed a medical waiver, and would instead wait until the team’s doctors gave Bosh full clearance. Bosh even tried getting the NBA Players Association involved, although that plan seemed futile from the start. How could the union force a coach to give someone playing time?

Why were the Heat being so cautious? Well, they certainly care about Bosh, and there are also liability issues in play. If Bosh were to suffer a career-ending injury or worse on the court, a waiver would probably not be enough to save the Heat from the fallout. It’s also interesting to note that Heat coach Erik Spoelstra was on the court as a player when Loyola Marymount forward Hank Gathers collapsed and died during a game, perhaps making the Heat even more sensitive to the Bosh situation.

Bosh, according to ESPN’s Dan Le Batard, found a doctor who was possibly comfortable letting him play. But the Heat found numerous others who believed it would be best to keep Bosh off the court. The Heat, ultimately, decided to fall on the side of the majority opinion.

Roundtable: Who is your dream NBA player to build a team around?

Will Chris Bosh play again?

There are a lot of conflicting reports. The Herald reported in April that Bosh had “no plans to retire” and intends to play next season. In their joint announcement in May, the Heat and Bosh said they would work with doctors and the franchise’s medical team “to return Chris to playing basketball as soon as possible.”

ESPN’s Brian Windhorst, citing multiple sources, reported in May that many within the Heat organization fear team doctors will never clear Bosh to play. However, Le Batard also reported in May—citing a Heat source—that the Heat expect Bosh to play next season.

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Can't do it. I don't feel like Bosh should play again in the NBA. Of course if doctors medically clear him and go on record saying there is a low chance of him hurting himself again playing then I'd love to have him, but then he'd be too expensive.