1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I've grown to HATE Trevor Ariza.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cashmoney, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

At what point does he get shipped off too? He played some great defense for us last season and got stops at pivotal moments, but this season like the team, his D has been garbage. Factor in that:

- He can't hit the side of a barn from ANYWHERE on the floor
    - He can't dribble
    - He can't finish at the rim

Then what are you left with? He is a good free throw shooter so I will give him that. I have lost count of how many times this clown has tried to shoot off the dribble and bricked a tough contested jumper. I've lost count of how many times Harden hits him with a perfect pass and wait for it... BRICK.

Surely I cannot be the only fan feeling this way.

I have grown to HATE Trevor Ariza.

2. jacoby

jacoby Member

3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

His bricks are works of art.

4. godpass

godpass Member

Agreed. He almost lost the ability to create his own shots, not mention hit open shots as well...

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

He gets too much of a pass. His defense is obviously solid, but the offense is dreadful.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

There's another thread with the exact same name as this one. Moreover that thread was the original version that spawned all of these spinoffs. Shame on you for making another thread.

7. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Shame on me then.

Don't really care. It can be merged if need be. He is beyond awful and he does more harm than good lately.

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

He is the only one trying on defense game in and game out

A lot f his bricks are late shot clock bail out passes from Harden after dribbling the air out of the ball

Our whole offensive philosophy is garbage

It's basically ISO and jack a 3 or drive into the paint like a headless chicken

Basically robots being told either take a lay up or jack a 3

9. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I'm not even sure if I would call his defense solid anymore. I'll just say he's the only player on the roster who gives effort on defense still.

His offense is bad. Bad bad bad

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Ariza NEVER has the ability to create his own shots. When you see him put the ball on the floor, you'd better be prepared for a turnover or am ugly shot, unless he has an open lane to the basket.

He's a decent spot up 3pt shooter. Sometimes he's hot, sometimes not. His spot up shooting is decent enough for him to be a genuine 3&D guy, which is quite valuable.

11. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

He's been bad all year you can't spin it any other way. At this point he's really just a bench player on a good team. No way he should be starting but unfortunally we don't have any other options.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I have never liked his game, I do respect his D and hustle though.

DD

13. Ubigman

Ubigman Member

hes just a rookie working hard on his game

14. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

[​IMG]

16. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

I thought Ariza's first stint here in Houston was disastrous and now? He is actually equal or far worse in every statistical category than the disaster. His win shares are at a career low and his VORP is get this .1, also a career low. Statistically both our offense and our *defense are harmed when he is on the court. His defensive Box +/- is -.9 which is a career first in the negative category for Ariza. Something is seriously wrong with him. No idea what.

Most of CF had their pitchforks out at the time so I'm shocked he is getting a near free pass.

17. Rocketeer4Life

If he can't make his 3s and plays average defense, he is useless.

18. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

he has a lot of bricks to his name i know, but he's also playing a bigger role than expected. even with a bigger role he misses a lot of easy shots. he's not the 3d player i expected. but everything wrong with the rockets comes down to team play. they donthave much of it. until they do, they're all gonna suck big time out there

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

But he's frustrated with Harden, right?

20. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Glad you called out the fact he can't create his shot. I think you are describing Washington Ariza's shooting though. This year and most of last year, his shooting was not good enough to qualify as a 3&D player IMO. I am glad his failure is finally getting attention.

There really seems to be a lot fewer 3&D players out there than I thought there were a few years back, and they cost way more than you'd expect to pay a role player. Makes it harder to build around one's stars IMO.