1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pflugerville Dog Killer

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by updawg, Jul 28, 2005.

1. updawg

updawg Member

KVUE Story

Police investigate Pflugerville dog shooting

12:14 PM CDT on Thursday, July 28, 2005

By KEVIN PETERS / KVUE News

Homeowners in one Pflugerville neighborhood are outraged after a nearby homeowner allegedly shot and killed a neighborhood dog while it sat inside its backyard.

Investigators say the dog was shot once in the neck with a .22 caliber pistol, and now the dog's owner says she wants justice.

When Melissa Ortiz arrived home on July 15, the first thing she did was check on her 5-year-old dog, Orion, chained in the back yard.

"As I opened the back blinds to my door, I was face to face with a man that yelled at me to get out of my house," she said.

Ortiz says Norris Cole proceeded to tell her a story of how he chased a robber into her backyard. After she called police, she says the truth came out.

"Found out that it was him that shot my dog after finding the gun on him," Ortiz said.

Investigators say it was a .22 caliber pistol.

Cole had apparently placed the border collie-lab mix in trash bags and had already carried him out to his truck when the story unfolded.

"I was very upset," Ortiz said. "I really miss him a lot. It's not the same without him."

After questioning, deputies say Cole said that he was tired of the dog constantly barking.

Just on the other side of Ortiz's fence is the Plantation House, an upscale home rented out year round to host private weddings.

It's also the home of Cole, who valued peace and quiet for his family's business.

Cole's attorney, Jamie Balagia, issued a statement saying "Norris Cole deeply regrets the mistake he made. The action taken is not who he is. He is cooperating with law enforcement and is getting the counseling that is needed."

Many neighbors who live on the Pflugerville street say they are frightened.

"We don't come out here anymore because we don't feel safe. It's bad," Ortiz said. "If we go outside we go in the front yard."

Cole faces one count of animal cruelty, a state jail felony, and criminal trespassing.

His attorney says he's received dozens of e-mails and phone calls threatening his family.

Norris Cole faces one count of animal cruelty, a state jail felony, and criminal trespassing.
    He hopes those come to an end.

Meanwhile, ATF investigators said Cole had some sort of silencer or flash suppressor on the gun, which could be illegal.

Let Norris know what you think of him atThe Plantation

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Damn you Beltran! Now you are shooting our dogs!!!! :mad:

3. updawg

updawg Member

I guess I should have checked for the correct forum first, can someone move it? Thanks

4. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I thought somebody killed Hidalgo! :eek:

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

how could you Pued :(

6. Ollie

Ollie Member

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

8. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

That is too rehearsed and well-planned, and it gives me the ****ing creeps.

9. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

I'd killl that guy if he did that to my dog.

10. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Me too, i can always get very angry if people do these sort of things against animals.(Humans of course also).
    I once almost got in a fight because some 18 year old tried to kick a dove on the train station. i cannot stand people who take advantage of helpless animals. At those moments i really want to put those people without any weapons in a cage with an agressive bear, and see what they think of helpless animals then :mad:

11. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Did ANYONE ELSE CATCH this??? Plural "bags." Plural???

12. Ollie

Ollie Member

He didn't chop up Orion.

He double bagged.

13. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

14. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i knew aussie rocket was gonna break sooner to later.

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I freaking love the name Plfugerville.

16. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

Not sure why the neighbors are so scared. As long as they didn't bark outside, they were safe.

17. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Tell the city council. They might even change it from Pflugerville. Although you will have to explain how to pronounce it.

18. mulletman

mulletman Member

i havent been back to pflugerville since 1988. they have upscale housing there now? :confused: :eek: