1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Furious Finishes: NBA Video

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by alexdapooh, Jul 11, 2005.

1. alexdapooh

alexdapooh Contributing Member

I was at Best Buy yesterday trying to kill some time so I started browsing through the "Special Interests" DVD section. Besides 15 different Denise Austin workout DVDs and the Shawn Michaels: Heartbreak Kid DVD, I stumbled across a lot of interesting basketball DVDs, and I bought this Furious Finishes video for just $9.99.

Some of y'all might have seen it before... it is a fairly recent video (released in 2005, features plays from this year) and includes NBA's best buzzer-beaters and clutch performances from Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Jerry West, Nick Van Exel, Reggie Miller, etc... but what intrigued me the most was its own section on the Houston Rockets. This section featured our very own 94-95 Houston Rockets as they documented our unexpected title run that included the Kiss of Death against the Suns and Kenny's 3 + Hakeem's tip-in during Game 1 vs. Orlando.

Not only that, there is a Bonus features section on the DVD that includes none other than T-Mac's 13 points in 35 seconds miracle performance against the Spurs this season. Even though R2K supplies us with all the good stuff, it's still nice to see it on a big TV screen rather than a small compupter monitor. The other bonus feature are just great clutch plays from the past few years... a few notable ones include:
    - Big Shot Bob against Sacramento after Divac tips it back to him.
    - Big Shot Bob in the corner against Portland
    - Lakers vs. Spurs: Duncan and Fisher both with respective clutch shots
    - Rex Chapman, Majerle, and Marbury each with their miracle playoff 3s
    - Sean Elliot over Sheed

So I recommend any Rocket or NBA fans out there to buy this DVD

2. IndianPlaya

IndianPlaya Contributing Member

Thanks for the heads up! I was also kind of hoping to be able to see the 13 in 35 on a bigger screen. And re-living the 94-95 season will be great! I was only 10 when that happened, leaving permanent memories of joy... but I was sad that I wouldnt get to catch them ever again. So thanks! I would never have thought theyd have had a special rockets section. Sounds really special. :D

3. RareAir

RareAir Member

I saw the same video and picked it up right away, cause it's not everyday you see a video with Dream on the same cover as mj.
    It's a great find, and i watched the Tmac comeback about 10 times already. Can't get enough of that.......

4. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

sweet, i see it all the time at Best Buy, I thought it was just a VHS transfer, but guess not. I'll pick this up probably on Friday. Nice find :)

This what I wish they wouldve done with the Hakeem DVD, from I heard, all it was, is a VHS transfer, nothing new :(

5. Mooch

Mooch Member

someone make a torrent of the dvd :D

6. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

It is merely a VHS transfer with no bonus material or anything. That doesn't mean I haven't watched it about 30 times already.

I'm def. gonna pick up this Furious Finishes DVD now. The T-Miracle alone is worth the price! I've seen it before in the store but always just figured it was merely another Jordan-dong-huffing session.

7. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Speaking of videos....

Im surious about the last disc of the NBA 25 yrs of Chpions boxset...has anyone seen it?

I have it on my NEtfliz que...but they dont offer up a description of what it is...I had hear it was not a Finals vid but something else...

Anyone know? It took 3 tries to get the right disc for the ROckets stuff...an I dont want to have to waste my time getting it if it doesnt have anything I want to see.

8. Hippieloser

2K, I believe it was posted in this forum a couple weeks ago that the 25 Yrs. of Champs set has both Clutch City and Double Clutch included on two different discs. I can't remember which discs, but seein' as how you're all smart with computers and stuff I'll bet you can do a search or something.

9. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

heh...actually...tho I didnt make it clear...I did find the Clutch and Double Clutch vids(I posted them last week)....I was wondering what is on the last disc...

10. Hippieloser

Yeah? Well I refuse to help. You've got to learn to stop being so lazy, relying on others to supply you with Rockets footage on the internet.