ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Talking Rockets Depth, Trade Possibilities with David Weiner

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > NBA Dish

Spurs-Suns officiating
Tags:  basketball, nba, spurs, suns Tags
Will is offline Old 06-01-2005, 10:39 PM   #1
Will
Clutch Crew
Will is James Harden -- racking up the pointsWill is James Harden -- racking up the pointsWill is James Harden -- racking up the pointsWill is James Harden -- racking up the pointsWill is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #62
We're just a couple of minutes into the 3rd quarter of Game 5, and I don't think I've ever seen a more flagrant example of officiating to get a result. The league wants this series extended, everyone loves to watch the way the Suns play, so what the heck, let's call the Spurs for dubious offensive fouls on three straight possessions, and let's no-call every defensive contact, travel, or double dribble by the Suns.

Come on, guys. I want the series extended, too. But show a little embarrassment, at least.

Sponsored Link
ragingFire is offline Old 06-01-2005, 10:42 PM   #2
ragingFire
Contributing Member
ragingFire is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: Jan 2003
Member: #10308
I hear you.
Besides those 3 offensive fouls, there were several more marginal calls that all went against the Spurs. This league is embassasing. I turned the game off and got on the net instead.

NewYorker is offline Old 06-01-2005, 11:06 PM   #3
NewYorker
Contributing Member
NewYorker is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: Sep 2002
Member: #7158
I saw a lot of bad calls that you could actually attribute against the suns...for instance no call and Joe Johnson's 3-point attempt when he gets knocked into the benches.

A double dribble by parker - no call, and a shuffle step not called.

Spurs are just making more noise about the calls (one was Manu attempting to get the charge by under-cutting Amare).

I really haven't seen any kind of bias against a particular team here. If anything, Spurs were frustrated early and doing silly things, and they seem to have gotten their composure back.

EMAN34 is offline Old 06-01-2005, 11:18 PM   #4
EMAN34
Contributing Member
EMAN34 is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: Feb 2003
Member: #10663
stupid sun fans cheering when Duncan went down, I hope they go fishing tonight:D

smoothie is online now Old 06-01-2005, 11:24 PM   #5
smoothie
Contributing Member
smoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresmoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresmoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresmoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresmoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresmoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresmoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresmoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Mar 2001
Member: #2264
Quote:
Originally posted by EMAN34
stupid sun fans cheering when Duncan went down, I hope they go fishing tonight:D
no class. they will never win a championship anyway. the nba's baby will be out tonight. GO SPURS!

i really hope that the rockets can get to that level soon. even when they don't get any calls they find a way to win.

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/6124...s-negotiations

Uprising is offline Old 06-01-2005, 11:27 PM   #6
Uprising
Contributing Member
Uprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Dec 2000
Member: #2086
WOW, Amare is a STUD!

Nice comeback here by the Suns.

Clutchfans STEAM group : http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Clutchfans

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesthetics80 View Post
Lin > Harden

EMAN34 is offline Old 06-01-2005, 11:30 PM   #7
EMAN34
Contributing Member
Man Amare is really lookin good. Some of those moves around the basket really do remind me of the Dream,but I still hope they lose.

Uprising is offline Old 06-01-2005, 11:34 PM   #8
Uprising
Contributing Member
Uprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
The Suns have a chance...4pt game with 26secs.

Quote:
Lin > Harden

Nick is offline Old 06-01-2005, 11:35 PM   #9
Nick
Contributing Member
Nick is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneNick is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneNick is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneNick is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneNick is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneNick is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #263
Quote:
Man Amare is really lookin good. Some of those moves around the basket really do remind me of the Dream,but I still hope they lose.
He looked pretty tired on defense though.... and then on the next two offensive possesions. (you never saw Dream "tired" at the end of games, on defense... esp. in the playoffs).

He works too damn hard to get his points... and he needs to learn that with a little work in the off-season on his jump shots, jump hooks, and defense, the game will be infinitely easier for him.

That being said, what he's done in this playoffs purely on dunking and athletic ability is amazing to say the least.

UTweezer is offline Old 06-01-2005, 11:35 PM   #10
UTweezer
Contributing Member
UTweezer is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2002
Member: #3535
man, and i thought the rockets got bad officiating....

steddinotayto is offline Old 06-01-2005, 11:35 PM   #11
steddinotayto
steddinotayto is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donesteddinotayto is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donesteddinotayto is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donesteddinotayto is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donesteddinotayto is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donesteddinotayto is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Aug 2001
Member: #3014
could stern make it any MORE obvious with that last play? Amare basically tooking Parker out of the equation. Stern/refs are pathetic.

ima_drummer2k is offline Old 06-01-2005, 11:37 PM   #12
ima_drummer2k
Contributing Member
ima_drummer2k is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldima_drummer2k is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldima_drummer2k is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldima_drummer2k is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldima_drummer2k is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldima_drummer2k is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldima_drummer2k is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldima_drummer2k is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldima_drummer2k is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldima_drummer2k is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldima_drummer2k is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Oct 2002
Member: #7523
Quote:
More like Shawn Kemp in his prime than Dream.

Wake me up when Amare starts making fall away jumpers from behind the backboard while being triple teamed and falling out of bounds. And doing it on a nightly basis. Then we'll start comparing him to Dream.

Last edited by your mom : Today at 12:33 AM.

Uprising is offline Old 06-01-2005, 11:37 PM   #13
Uprising
Contributing Member
Wow, Suns were just ROBBED of 2pts from the REFS.

Quote:
Lin > Harden

EMAN34 is offline Old 06-01-2005, 11:37 PM   #14
EMAN34
Contributing Member
Man I cant stand Amare or the suns, but the guy is going to be good. Not as good as the Dream:D temp. isanity

thumbs is offline Old 06-01-2005, 11:38 PM   #15
thumbs
Contributing Member
thumbs is James Harden -- racking up the pointsthumbs is James Harden -- racking up the pointsthumbs is James Harden -- racking up the pointsthumbs is James Harden -- racking up the pointsthumbs is James Harden -- racking up the pointsthumbs is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Apr 2002
Member: #3650
And now a flagrant on Manu!

francis 4 prez is offline Old 06-01-2005, 11:43 PM   #16
francis 4 prez
Contributing Member
francis 4 prez is James Harden -- racking up the pointsfrancis 4 prez is James Harden -- racking up the pointsfrancis 4 prez is James Harden -- racking up the pointsfrancis 4 prez is James Harden -- racking up the pointsfrancis 4 prez is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Aug 2001
Member: #3057
that drive, spin, reverse side dunk by amare was just incredible. how many big men have that speed, strength, handles, and athleticism?

and amare has scored a ton on jumpers in this game.

as for the thread, it has been amazingly slanted towards the suns. they are getting away with all the contact while the spurs aren't. of course they could've hit duncan with offensive goaltending and didn't. still, whoever knows what New Yorker is talking about. he didn't even think game 6 of lakers/kings was biased for the lakers.

and this game doesn't even compare to game 6. that series was even more anticipated than this one and there was going to be a game 7 no matter what had to happen in game 6.

and this one is over.

EMAN34 is offline Old 06-01-2005, 11:46 PM   #17
EMAN34
Contributing Member
Kings got robbed

Uprising is offline Old 06-01-2005, 11:47 PM   #18
Uprising
Contributing Member
Go Spurs, bring the Trophy back to TEJAS!

Quote:
Lin > Harden

Remix is offline Old 06-01-2005, 11:49 PM   #19
Remix
Remix is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineRemix is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Sep 2003
Member: #13963
Off-Topic but what happened to Devin Brown?

olliez is offline Old 06-01-2005, 11:49 PM   #20
olliez
Contributing Member
olliez is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Dec 2002
Member: #10062
Quote:
Originally posted by Uprising
WOW, Amare is a STUD!

Nice comeback here by the Suns.
For all the tea in China, SUNs are doomed

No matter how hard those stupid refs try, they just cann't save SUNs arse