1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Miss Universe

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by slickvik69, May 31, 2005.

1. slickvik69

slickvik69 Contributing Member

I don't know if any of you caught this last night, but here's Miss Universe, Russian Born Miss Canada.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The new Miss Universe is a model from Toronto, 23-year-old Natalie Glebova.

A 12-judge panel in Bangkok selected the Ryerson University student from among five finalists after a round of on-stage questions. There were entrants from 81 countries in the 54th annual pageant.

Glebova, who immigrated to Canada from Russia at age 12 with her parents, beat out runner-up Cynthia Olavarria after answering a question on her life's greatest challenges.

"I always try to maintain a positive outlook on life," she said. Keeping that positive attitude was most challenging, she added.

Glebova studies information technology management at Ryerson, and also plays and writes classical music on piano.

The blue-eyed brunette wore a white gown and stood with her parents on stage after the crowning.

"I feel like this is happening too fast and it's unreal," Glebova said. "It's just starting to sink in. I'm so much looking forward to the year's schedule."

Her goal this year as Miss Universe is to raise awareness and money for HIV/AIDS research.

The pageant created a touch of controversy with the Thai government two weeks ago after bikini-clad contestants were photographed with Wat Arun, the famous Temple of the Dawn, in the background.

Organizers removed the photos from the competition and its website.

[​IMG]

2. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

3. RKMAN

RKMAN Member

I called her from the beginning.

4. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

So, what does a Miss Universe do that a Miss America doesn't do? Open up shopping malls in other countries?

5. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

who cares what they do?

6. pgsxdjp

pgsxdjp Member

I thought Miss Mexico was hotter...

7. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

Open up shopping malls on other planets

8. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

Remember back during the Cold War when everyone thought that Russian women were all overweight babushkas or overly masculine mothers of the proletariot? Now people think of Russian women as hot babes like Annika Kournikova, Sharipova and that pretend lesbian band.

9. rubytuesday

rubytuesday Contributing Member

i liked miss mexico as well. the usa one wasn't all that though. i was suprised she got in the top 15 (except that americans were reprensented like crazy on the show) she walked really funny and i finally figure it out. she didn't bend her knees so she bounced. it looked weird!

the dominican republic one was pretty too but she botched her Q&A. she was still so relaxed even tho she tripped in the bathing suit walk.

i did the same thing at my sis's wedding. i was the tripper on the steps. :p

10. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

taTu

11. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

[​IMG]

My love for you is ticking clock, Berzerker!
    Would you like to suck my ****, Berzerker!

12. fya

fya Member

2004 Miss Uni looked better.

13. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I wonder how many posts before someone comes in here and claims "no way would I 'hit' that" because "she ain't that hot"?

14. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Oh I'd hit it. And the two little lesbians too. I'd hit all three of them, seperately or together.

15. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I was thinking the EXACT same thing. :D

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Let the topic of discussion move to the russian lesbos.

17. PhiSlammaJamma

hot. Even the Beholder is going to tap that ass, and of course he'll do it right after Charlie sheen grabs on.

18. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

I agree. I was pissed when she only got 3rd runner up.

[​IMG]

19. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

I'll pay you for that one when I see you! :D :D

20. MartianMan

MartianMan Contributing Member

Ok, I don't know if any of you guys noticed this, but the Miss Universe contest seems to be dominated by white, blue-eyed girls. Probably 90-95% of the winners are stereotypically white. Just something I noticed. It's kinda gay how they label the winner as 'Miss Universe' as if the winner is the best woman in the world, let alone the universe. I'm sure many people in Latin America, Africa, and Asia would disagree.