1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

what old rockets do u remember watching play?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MykTek, May 30, 2005.

1. MykTek

MykTek Member

i was talking about how i miss the old rocket teams, what are some of the players u remember u watched ....

Olajuwon, Sampson, Lewis Loyd, Allen Leavell, Robert Reid, Rodney McCray, Caldwell Jones, Mitchell Wiggins, John Lucas, Jim Perterson, Craig Ehlo, Steve Harris, Dirk Minniefield, Cedric Maxwell, Dave Feitl Granny Waiters, Buck Johnson, Connor Henry, Purvis Short, Sleepy Floyd, Joe Barry Carroll, World B. Free, Andre Tuner, Mike Woodson, Derrick Chievous, Tim McCormick, Water Berry, Frank Johnson, Bernard Thompson, Otis Thorpe, Byron Dinkins, Larry Smith, Adrian Caldwell, Chuck Nevitt, Vernon Maxwell, Kenny Smith, David Wood, Kennard Winchester, Dave Jamerson, Matt Bullard, Carl Herrera, Avery Johnson, Tree Rollins, John Turner, Robert Horry, Scotty Brooks, Winston Garland, Sam Cassell, Mario Elie, Richard Petruska, Eric Riley, Chris Jent, Larry Robinson, Earl Cureton, Clyde Drexler, Pete Chilcutt, Tim Breaux, Zan Tabak, Tracy Murrary, Charles Jones, Chucky Brown, Eldridge Recanser, Sam Mack, Charles Barkley, Kevin Willis, Eddie Johnson, Othella Harrington, Randy Livingston, Brent Price, Sedale Threatt, Emanual Davix, Matt Maloney, Rodrick Rodes, Scottie Pippen, Michael Dickerson, Bryce Drew, Anthony "Pig" Miller, Antoine Carr, Stanley Roberts, Cuttino Mobley, Steve Francis, Shandon Anderson, Walt Williams, Kenny Thomas, Kelvin Cato, Carlos Rogers, Maurice Taylor, Dan Langhi, Jason Collier, Eddie Griffin, Oscar Torres, Terence Morris, Glen Rice, Tierre Brown, James Posey, Juaquin Hawkins, Bostjan Nachbar, Tito maddox, Jim Jackson, Eric Piatkowski, Mark Jackson, Mike Wilks, Alton Ford,

thats all i remember since 86 .... hehehe....

I am a Donut and _Numberfifty like this.
  2. nyc2k2

nyc2k2 Member

Yao, SF, Cat

3. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

You forgot Alvin Heggs man! You're not a real Rockets fan.

4. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

My earliest memories of the Rockets were of Hakeem and oddly enough Sam Cassell during the 2 title runs. My dad would always refer to Cassell by the Chinese equilvalent of "Baldy".

Stuff like, "Baldy's a pretty good player for a young guy." or "They never would have won this second title without Baldy."

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

thats like 2 tons of combined weight right there man.

i was happy when we got carr away from the jazz cuz i was hoping he'd be able to grab some boards and hit that 15-18 footer from the top of the key that he did so well when he was on the jazz, alas he could do neither for us.

6. RocketsFAN3035

my first Rockets' player memory was of Akeem/Hakeem, let me explain.

One year (I believe '92, but I could be wrong), my older brother bought a "NBA Super Stars" Video. We watched several times, and as an 8 yr old would, I liked "the guy with the funny name." One night while watching a game on TNT, Ernie Johnson (beofre anyone else was even IN stuidio) inerupted whatever game was being played with an urgent update.

They showed the clip of Akeem getting elbowed in the eye socket by Bill Cartwright. I rememer them having to wheel Dream off the court, it looked like his eye was dangling out of his face (remember, I was eight, so its kind of hazy). I just remember when the guy came back, and I rooted for they guy with the broken eye who know wore the funny goggles, and had a funny name. And ever since then, it's just been a fun ride. :D

Zboy likes this.
  7. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've been to many games over the years at the Summit and seen plenty of Rockets,so I'll just pick one guy I saw have a huge game.He's not considered one of the elite Rockets,but on this night he ruled.
    The Chicken Man,Mike Dunleavy poured in like 48 or something,definitely a career high.Maybe someone can help me out with who we were playing,don't remember...but he couldn't miss,and of course there was the drama of the free chicken dinner.

OldYelllowDog and tinman like this.
  8. zcity

zcity Contributing Member

Big Bopper - Billy Paultz

airflights92 and BamBam like this.
  9. Yaomania345

Yaomania345 Member

Rod Strickland

10. codell

codell Contributing Member

you are not a real Rocket fan unless you remember Richard Anderson, and Lester Conner

Zboy likes this.
  11. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Big E.

12. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Moses, Calvin, Rudy

13. CHAD444

CHAD444 Contributing Member

Moses......then Ralph and Akeem...then Hakeem!!!!

14. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Charles Jones. Dude was like 80.

GottaHaveHeart likes this.
  15. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Dick Gibbs
    Dick Cunningham
    Otto Moore
    Rick Barry
    Ed Ratleff
    Eric McWilliams
    John Egan
    McCoy McLemore
    Greg Smith
    Rudy White
    Kevin Kunnert
    John Vallely
    Major Jones
    Walter Berry
    Zaid Abdul-Aziz (aka Don Smith)
    Stu Lantz

16. krocket

krocket Contributing Member

Heard him mentioned the other day, Serge Zwikker.

17. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

damn the earlier ones that are not obivous

Adrian Caldwell
    Mitch Wiggins
    Derrick Chevious
    Kenard Winchester
    Sleepy Floyd (he was the man when i watched him)
    Buck Johnson (buck-o-roo)
    John Lucas
    Emannual Davis (Email)
    Ron Livingston
    John Turner

18. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How about young Bill Willoughby?He could really sky.

19. krocket

krocket Contributing Member

Wasn't he the 'whopper' ?

20. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

that Hakeem guy