1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Francis and Larry Brown have words after game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Old School, Feb 7, 2001.

1. Old School

Old School Member

Anyone catch Francis and Brown getting into after the game? Unfortuneatly the bozo who is directing cut away from the shot for a little time and went back to Francis leaving the court.

Francis just said on the postgame that Brown was pissed the Rockets scored on them in the closing seconds. I'm sure Brown will have a quote or two in the Philly paper tomorrow.

Old School

------------------
    I voted YES!

2. sithpooh

sithpooh Member

Larry Brown's an old punk who can't stand the fact that his "so-called" best NBA team got thumped at home! He's got the biggest, whiniest, ball-hoggin' scrub in the league in Iverson. His CD got pulled 'cause he's a sissy. Dream still rules!

------------------

3. Live

Live Member

Screw Larry!!

I understand that he's trying to stick up for his team, but I'm quite sure he's been involved in more than a few blowouts victories in his career.

Just be a man and admit that the Rockets' were the better team tonight.

------------------
    Who's better: Kelvin Cato or Joe Barry Caroll?

Take your time! :)

4. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Scoreboard baby, scoreboard.

------------------
    The Rockets will be the NBA champions. Believe.

5. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

To be exact, Steve Francis said Larry thought Shandon was rubbing it in. Shandon must have had a few words for Larry. Steve went over and told him that Langhi worked so hard in practice, and that they wanted him to get in the scorebook in this big a game for the rockets. You could see Larry Brown say "f*ck that." It'll be interesting to see who Larry says caused him to get mad.

------------------

6. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

That was EPIC! Personally, I've never had a problem with teams running up the score, even if it is the Rockets on the losing end...

It doesn't matter if you get beat by 23 or 25...you still get your BUTT whooped! Take it like a man...

------------------
    If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding!!

7. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

WE RULE!

------------------
    May I have another Snowball Clutch? Please may I? Ill be a good little mole.... I promise.

8. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

GO LANGHI!!

------------------
    Charles Barkley on TBS on the "fat track" poll: "What? 47% said I'd gain more.....why those.....they better be glad this is a family show."

9. bcdjad

bcdjad Member

Hey, Larry, it's called playing 48 minutes (not 47:59.7)!!

Best Rocket win I've seen in 4 years!!

------------------
    HOUSTON Rockets forever!!

10. Admore

Admore Member

Boo hoo, Larry Brown is mad. I thought that all scoring was fair in "acknowledged" garbage time. It's fair for the benchies to score in garbage time. I don't think the Rockets would have cried if Mohamed had scored with a second left...

------------------

11. Valio!

Valio! Member

nothing wrong with squeezing in a little Langhi time. If Brown ididnt like it, he should have not allowed his team to leave the floor early.

------------------
    "I think the people who believed the world was flat were pretty stupid. You would think at least those living near mountains would know better." - P. Mesku

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I was a sports intern/reporter at KSAT 12 in San Antonio when Larry Brown coached there.

He was an ass then, and cheated like crazy on his wife, after every game we would go to a bar and he would have young women draped all over him.

He has no scruples, and in my book is a loser.

DaDakota

------------------
    If Mankind evolved from monkeys and apes, then why are there still monkeys and apes?

13. jamma34

jamma34 Member

they were discussing it on nba tonight on tnt, kenny smith was saying dont rub it in, dont rub it in.
    barkley said, no you GOT TO rub it in. you rub it in, let them remember it, take it out next time. or at least thats how we used to do it before they chaged the rules so the girls could play.
    but that was a nice alley oop. screw larry. i take this as a sign of showing some good, healthy emotion, and if it was to get langhi in, its showing good signs of team chemistry. KEEP IT UP!

------------------
    people who are related dont have to look alike. my mom and dad dont resemble each other at all

14. FrancisFan

FrancisFan Contributing Member

Sure if Cat does it it's called "padding your stats".

But, you play every single second of the game and if you don't, too bad.

------------------
    Cuttino Mobley Online

15. WickBrunson

WickBrunson Member

Funny. Brown gets hot after the Rockets run a play in the final seconds but he's all hunky-dory when his star player yells obscenities to the Indiana crowd.

What's worse: Scoring the ball during the course of a game or screaming "f*ggot" into a crowd on a game televised on NBC?

------------------

16. FrancisFan

None of those situations were bad. Iverson had a b**** ass idiot in the crowd yelling racial comments at him.

------------------
    Cuttino Mobley Online

17. silent j

silent j Member

Brownie just doesn't look like much of a ladies man to me.
    j

------------------

18. FrancisFan

"You've got to show Coach Brown more respect," Tyrone Hill said. "You don't scream and curse him out. I like Steve Francis, but when you're up (23), you throw the ball inbounds and let time run out. I'm shocked."

So you don't support your teammates?

------------------
    Cuttino Mobley Online

19. FrancisFan

Brown wouldn't address the matter other than saying, "They played great until the last five-tenths of a second."

I thought scoring is good. Oh wait...Brown wouldn't understand scoring, after tonight's game.

------------------
    Cuttino Mobley Online

[This message has been edited by FrancisFan (edited February 07, 2001).]

20. Valio!

Valio! Member

Brown needs to get over it...his team was absolutely destroyed - plain and simple. Complaining about that last dunk is like a passenger on the titanic demanding his money back.

------------------
    "I think the people who believed the world was flat were pretty stupid. You would think at least those living near mountains would know better." - P. Mesku