1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Celeb Turnout at games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by alexcapone, Jan 4, 2005.

1. alexcapone

alexcapone Contributing Member

Where are all the celebs at the Rox games?? In LA they show dozens of stars on their jumbotron and I hardly ever see any celebs in H-town. Anyone know which celebs are regulars at Rox games? I know George Bush Sr. is a regular at Texans games but I don't think he's as big Rox fan. Houston is the 3rd largest city in the nation and we have quite a number of celebs including Carl Lewis, Roger Clemens, a few rap artists and country singers, and many others. When celebs turn out in numbers it represents our city and encorages more national media coverage for the Rox. Well that' my 2 cents...

2. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Celebs turn out at New York and Los Angeles sporting events because that is where the vast majority of celebrities are. You can't expect to see the few Houston celebs turning out on a regular basis. There are a lot more celebrities not going to Lakers games in LA than are actually showing up, it is just that they have so many there, that a very tiny percentage actually amounts to several people. The same percentage of Houston celebrities probably shows up, it just gets rounded down to zero.

Oh, and wrong forum. This should go in either the Hangout, or I guess the Downtown Arena forum.

3. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Didn't ZZ Top come to the Rockets games back in the day?

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Word on the streets is that these guys will be at the next home game:

[​IMG]

5. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

and who are these guys?

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

rockHEAD, please, for your own safety, NEVER diss the OCP.

7. edc

edc Contributing Member

Regular people don't find Jeff Van Gundy ball interesting or exciting enough to turnout on a regular basis, why would celebrities? ;) ;) ;) ;)

8. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

The last couple of times I went they showed the best celeb we could get.........That mattress guy "That's a fact Jack!" AHHHHH!! hearing that and seeing him cut mattresses with a chainsaw drives me insane.

Anyway, at the last game I was at (Utah) when we were leaving my gf and I saw Hakeem just walking down the hall with everyone else. He was alone and of course, on a cell phone. No I didn't have a camera and I waited to post it because I only got a quick glimpse because he was walking the opposite direction, but my gf swears it was him and I believe her. The only strange thing was they didn't announce him during the game, and he was walking alone with nobody hounding him. So I do have my suspicions. Other than that the only person I can remember recently was Clyde Drexler, during halftime he was autographing his book.

Can't recall any movie stars.

Pugs

#8 pugsly8422, Jan 4, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2005
  9. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

I saw Ludacris at a game earlier this year. He signed a basketball and threw it into the crowd. I remember Nelly and Ashanti being at another game but that may have been last season. I've seen Kevin Costner and during the Super Bowl earlier in the '04 Adam Sandler was there.

10. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Yea, I was at the game (against the Nets) right before the Super Bowl and they had plenty of celebs. Adam Sandler, Star Jones, P. Diddy, Serena Williams, etc. were just a few that they showed. They even had P. Diddy and Sandler kiss on the jumbotron.

11. spence99

spence99 Member

Andre Johnson from the Texans has been a regular at games this year.

12. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Well, I'm planning on going to a Rox game when I'm in town...Does that count...:p

13. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

I've also seen Jamie Sharper, Richard Hildago and Jose Lima at a few games.

Where are you Beyonce????

14. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

houston is the 4th largest, but theres not alot of entertainment coming out of H-Town.

most celebrities come out when they are in town for a movie or a video shoot...
    thats my 2 cents

15. rocksolid

rocksolid Contributing Member

Ludacris was at the Rockets/Mavs game.

Holyfield had season tickets back at the Summit.

16. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Now that someone mentioned it, I did see Richard Hidalgo earlier this year. After the game he walked by and I yelled (maybe not yelled, but louder than usual) hey it's Richard Hidalgo! I kept walking and my gf said he turned around and looked at me. :)

Pugs

17. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

I always see that "That's a fact Jack" guy at pretty much every Texans and Rockets game I go to

18. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

same here

19. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Dude has season tix front row beside one of the baskets. Not really a celeb. but at least he is on TV...lol

20. fa7999

fa7999 Member

Who is GWB, senior? Wait, is he that r****d's real father?