ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets acquire Jason Terry from Kings

Go Back   ClutchFans > Hangout > BBS Hangout

Are dpt. stores like Dillards, May co etc. requiring a drug screen?
Tags:  california Tags
Win is offline Old 09-20-2004, 12:07 AM   #1
Win
Contributing Member
Win is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodWin is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Nov 2002
Member: #8427
Having recently moved to California, I have applied for a job at a 'Robinsons May' dpt store (a sister company of Foleys). I've been invited back for a second interview which seems more like a formality as I'm sure the job is in the bag. What I wonder (and they have shown no indication that it is their policy) is if a drug screen will be required. I seriously doubt I have anything to worry about, but nothing lingers in the system like pot does and I have had very limited contact with it a couple weeks back.

Sponsored Link
adeelsiddiqui is offline Old 09-20-2004, 01:51 AM   #2
adeelsiddiqui
Contributing Member
adeelsiddiqui is James Harden -- racking up the pointsadeelsiddiqui is James Harden -- racking up the pointsadeelsiddiqui is James Harden -- racking up the pointsadeelsiddiqui is James Harden -- racking up the pointsadeelsiddiqui is James Harden -- racking up the pointsadeelsiddiqui is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Oct 2003
Member: #14300
I think they do a background check, if its clear then you have nothing to worry about, if there is anything wrong then they run a drug test, thats how its always happened to me.

RocketMan Tex is offline Old 09-20-2004, 07:34 AM   #3
RocketMan Tex
Contributing Member
RocketMan Tex is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRocketMan Tex is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRocketMan Tex is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRocketMan Tex is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #97
Unlike Texas, there aren't a whole lot of companies that drug test prospective employees in California. They pretty much figure that everyone out there gets high in one way or another...and they are correct!

No Worries is offline Old 09-20-2004, 09:50 AM   #4
No Worries
Contributing Member
No Worries is James Harden -- racking up the pointsNo Worries is James Harden -- racking up the pointsNo Worries is James Harden -- racking up the pointsNo Worries is James Harden -- racking up the pointsNo Worries is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jun 1999
Member: #584
There may be a polygraph, which is a favorite screen for retailers.

s land balla is offline Old 09-20-2004, 10:29 AM   #5
s land balla
Contributing Member
s land balla is James Harden -- racking up the pointss land balla is James Harden -- racking up the pointss land balla is James Harden -- racking up the pointss land balla is James Harden -- racking up the pointss land balla is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Apr 2001
Member: #2435
i think retail stores only do drug tests for people they hire in management positions (manager, assistant manager, etc.). so as long as you're applying to be a sales associate, you shouldn't have anything to worry about...