ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Sports > Other Sports

Woman gets hit with a foul ball at Cardinals game -- twice
Tags:  cardinals, mariners, seattle, seattle mariners Tags
Rockets34Legend is online now Old 07-07-2004, 05:43 PM   #1
Rockets34Legend
Contributing Member
Rockets34Legend is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRockets34Legend is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRockets34Legend is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRockets34Legend is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4644
http://www.whotv.com/Global/story.asp%3fS=2007991

St. Louis-AP -- Next time Sara Denoyer attends a St. Louis Cardinals game, she might want to sit way, way out in the bleachers.

Denoyer and her boyfriend sat down the first-base line at Busch Stadium, watching a game the Cards eventually won over the Seattle Mariners 2-to-1 on Sunday.

Early in the game, a foul ball struck Denoyer in the neck. Then in the ninth inning, Seattle's Scott Spiezio hit a foul that also struck Denoyer -- this time in the head.

Denoyer was admitted to a hospital for one night for the blow to the head. She chalks it up to bad luck -- and says she still loves the Cardinals.

Sponsored Link
PhiSlammaJamma is offline Old 07-07-2004, 05:52 PM   #2
PhiSlammaJamma
PhiSlammaJamma is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finePhiSlammaJamma is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finePhiSlammaJamma is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Aug 1999
Member: #692
Don't send her to an Astros game, she could get mutilated.

IROC it is offline Old 07-07-2004, 05:54 PM   #3
IROC it
Contributing Member
IROC it is Omer Asik -- working the boardsIROC it is Omer Asik -- working the boardsIROC it is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #151
Investment time.

drapg is offline Old 07-07-2004, 06:14 PM   #4
drapg
drapg is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: Mar 2002
Member: #3584
What they didn't report is that some punk 6-year old jumped over the injured Denoyer to claim both foul balls, accidentally hitting her in the process.

dumb kids.

wakkoman is online now Old 07-07-2004, 06:51 PM   #5
wakkoman
Contributing Member
wakkoman is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finewakkoman is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finewakkoman is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Aug 2003
Member: #13698
Quote:
Originally posted by drapg
What they didn't report is that some punk 6-year old jumped over the injured Denoyer to claim both foul balls, accidentally hitting her in the process.

dumb kids.
How can you call a 6 year old a punk? lol, It's just a little kid.

MadMax is offline Old 07-08-2004, 07:15 AM   #6
MadMax
Contributing Member
MadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Sep 1999
Member: #732
my father tells me he was at an astros game where this same thing happened. a guy was hit...they were helping him out...and before they could get him out, he got hit again.

anyone else have a memory of this?? would have been in the dome sometime in the 70's or 80's.

Buck Turgidson is online now Old 07-08-2004, 08:07 AM   #7
Buck Turgidson
Buck Turgidson is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBuck Turgidson is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBuck Turgidson is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBuck Turgidson is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBuck Turgidson is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBuck Turgidson is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBuck Turgidson is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBuck Turgidson is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2002
Member: #3493
Card fans are stupid.

Mulder is offline Old 07-08-2004, 08:11 AM   #8
Mulder
Contributing Member
Mulder is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineMulder is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineMulder is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Nov 1999
Member: #990
Watch the BALL!

rockHEAD is offline Old 07-08-2004, 08:38 AM   #9
rockHEAD
Contributing Member
rockHEAD is Omer Asik -- working the boardsrockHEAD is Omer Asik -- working the boardsrockHEAD is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Mar 1999
Member: #351
I agree with Mulder, if you are sitting near the field you better pay attention to the dang game!

MadMax is offline Old 07-08-2004, 09:17 AM   #10
MadMax
Contributing Member
MadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
and I agree with Buck...Cahdinals fans are stupid.

yipengzhao is offline Old 07-08-2004, 09:17 AM   #11
yipengzhao
Contributing Member
yipengzhao is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2002
Member: #7952
Quote:
Originally posted by Buck Turgidson
Card fans are stupid.
you're stupid.

MadMax is offline Old 07-08-2004, 09:18 AM   #12
MadMax
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by yipengzhao
you're stupid.
takes one to know one.

whatever you say bounces off me and comes back to hit you.

:D

Manny Ramirez is offline Old 07-08-2004, 09:19 AM   #13
Manny Ramirez
Contributing Member
Manny Ramirez is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereManny Ramirez is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereManny Ramirez is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereManny Ramirez is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereManny Ramirez is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereManny Ramirez is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereManny Ramirez is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jul 2001
Member: #2946
Quote:
Originally posted by wakkoman
How can you call a 6 year old a punk? lol, It's just a little kid.
He is being sarcastic and referring to an incident that happened several weeks ago when a guy in his late 20's knocked over some little kid for a foul ball.

"'Trane was the Father...Pharoah was the son...I am the Holy Ghost." - Albert Ayler

Manny Ramirez is offline Old 07-08-2004, 09:20 AM   #14
Manny Ramirez
Contributing Member
Manny Ramirez is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereManny Ramirez is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereManny Ramirez is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereManny Ramirez is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereManny Ramirez is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereManny Ramirez is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereManny Ramirez is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jul 2001
Member: #2946
Quote:
you're stupid.
Oooh!! How long did that take you to think that one up, yipeng??

"'Trane was the Father...Pharoah was the son...I am the Holy Ghost." - Albert Ayler

Buck Turgidson is online now Old 07-08-2004, 09:21 AM   #15
Buck Turgidson
Buck Turgidson is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBuck Turgidson is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBuck Turgidson is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBuck Turgidson is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBuck Turgidson is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBuck Turgidson is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBuck Turgidson is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBuck Turgidson is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2002
Member: #3493
[poking thumbs in ears & wiggling fingers]
Naaaaannnnnnnynannnnnynahnah
[/poking thumbs in ears & wiggling fingers]

yipengzhao is offline Old 07-08-2004, 09:28 AM   #16
yipengzhao
Contributing Member
yipengzhao is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2002
Member: #7952
Quote:
Originally posted by MadMax
takes one to know one.

whatever you say bounces off me and comes back to hit you.

:D
lol... it's supposed to be "bounces off me and STICKS to you" i believe. and you also left out "i know you are but what am i?"

anyway, i don't care since both the red sox and cards are on winning streaks.

Preston27 is offline Old 07-08-2004, 09:32 AM   #17
Preston27
Contributing Member
Preston27 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Mar 2002
Member: #3550
Quote:
lol... it's supposed to be "bounces off me and STICKS to you" i believe. and you also left out "i know you are but what am i?"

anyway, i don't care since both the red sox and cards are on winning streaks.
You actually have to have the precursor "I'm rubber, you're glue!"

Mulder is offline Old 07-08-2004, 09:36 AM   #18
Mulder
Contributing Member
Mulder is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineMulder is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineMulder is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Nov 1999
Member: #990
Quote:
Originally posted by GriffinFan
You actually have to have the precursor "I'm rubber, you're glue!"
Mmm, yes quite. That is the correct vernacular. Good show old boy.

MadMax is offline Old 07-08-2004, 09:57 AM   #19
MadMax
Contributing Member
Quote:
by the way...what's with the master of "useless pop culture references" thing??

those pop culture references are entirely useful. don't believe me?? check out how many posts i have here!!! useful.

Rocketman95 is offline Old 07-08-2004, 10:42 AM   #20
Rocketman95
Hangout Boy
Rocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #19
Quote:
He really does this, folks.