Notices

Tags:  football, houston texans, nfl, texans Tags
a-rock is offline Old 06-21-2004, 11:50 AM
    Reply With Quote   #1
a-rock
a-rock is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: May 2002
Member: #3989
...is it true, that the texans plan to put babin at the LB position?

m. v. h.

Sponsored Link
JPM0016 is offline Old 06-21-2004, 11:51 AM
    Reply With Quote   #2
JPM0016
Contributing Member
JPM0016 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: May 2003
Member: #12268
Quote:
Originally posted by a-rock
...is it true, that the texans plan to put babin at the LB position?
uh, yeah

codell is offline Old 06-21-2004, 11:56 AM
    Reply With Quote   #3
codell
Contributing Member
codell is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcodell is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcodell is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcodell is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcodell is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcodell is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcodell is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcodell is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcodell is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Aug 2002
Member: #6886
That was pretty much spelled out the second we drafted him.

He has been working at that position since mini camps started.

Nick is offline Old 06-21-2004, 12:11 PM
    Reply With Quote   #4
Nick
Contributing Member
Nick is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneNick is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneNick is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneNick is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneNick is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneNick is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #263
They said he's an ideal 3-4 outside linebacker, which is why they gave up so much to draft him... hopefully, Dom-dom and Cass will be right.

a-rock is offline Old 06-21-2004, 12:46 PM
    Reply With Quote   #5
a-rock
a-rock is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: May 2002
Member: #3989
i was wondering why they gave up so much in order to draft him, especially since teddy lehman was still on the board....

m. v. h.

DanHiggsBeard is offline Old 06-21-2004, 01:35 PM
    Reply With Quote   #6
DanHiggsBeard
DanHiggsBeard is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: Jul 2003
Member: #13494
Obviously because they though Babin translated better to a 3-4 OLB.

I'm not complaining. Capers has a proven track record from Pittsburgh and Carlina of developing stud 3-4 OLB's out of complete unknowns.

Buck Turgidson is online now Old 06-21-2004, 01:44 PM
    Reply With Quote   #7
Buck Turgidson
Buck Turgidson is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchBuck Turgidson is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchBuck Turgidson is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchBuck Turgidson is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchBuck Turgidson is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchBuck Turgidson is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchBuck Turgidson is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchBuck Turgidson is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchBuck Turgidson is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Feb 2002
Member: #3493
Quote:
Originally posted by a-rock
...since teddy lehman was still on the board
You do realize the difference b/t 3-4 and 4-3 OLBs, right?

eric.81 is offline Old 06-21-2004, 04:13 PM
    Reply With Quote   #8
eric.81
eric.81 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineeric.81 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineeric.81 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jan 2002
Member: #3391
I've never seen so many players change positions on a team. It could go either way for us, but basically we're going to see the best 11 guys on the field, which is how it should be.

Wong is moving from LOLB to ROLB (or vice versa... can't remember)
Coleman is moving to safety
Babin will be an LB for the first time in his career
Chester Pitts is also moving positions on the O-Line

I love Coleman's move to safety.

Buck Turgidson is online now Old 06-21-2004, 04:18 PM
    Reply With Quote   #9
Buck Turgidson
Buck Turgidson is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchBuck Turgidson is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchBuck Turgidson is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchBuck Turgidson is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchBuck Turgidson is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchBuck Turgidson is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchBuck Turgidson is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchBuck Turgidson is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchBuck Turgidson is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Feb 2002
Member: #3493
Wong's also working at ILB, where he has played before, for depth purposes, as a backup to Foreman and Sharper. Personally, I think there's a good chance of him splitting time inside when, hopefully, Peek & the Orr twins step it up.