ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Talking Rockets Depth, Trade Possibilities with David Weiner

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > NBA Dish

Darko Milicic suffers broken right hand while taking a jump shot. Now that's Fragile!
Tags:  basketball, detroit, detroit pistons, injury, los angeles lakers, nba Tags
WinknCatForever is offline Old 06-18-2004, 02:52 AM   #1
WinknCatForever
WinknCatForever is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: Jul 2003
Member: #13579
Hate to see what would happen to him if somebody high-fived him...his arm would probably snap backwards.

http://www.detnews.com/2004/pistons/...b02-186843.htm

Milicic suffers broken right hand

By Joanne C. Gerstner / The Detroit News

Daniel Mears / The Detroit News

Darko Milicic holds his injured hand close to his body Tuesday while celebrating the Pistons' win.

AUBURN HILLS - The small item of a broken hand seems to have gotten lost in the confetti, cheering, trophy presentations, and all the other hoopla from the Pistons winning the NBA title.

Yep, there was one small casualty that came out of Tuesday’s celebration: Darko Milicic, who played the last two minutes of the game, suffered a broken bone in his right hand.

Milicic appeared to injure his hand while taking a jump shot, as a Lakers defender hit him.

He held the hand and begged to come out of the game, but Coach Larry Brown told Milicic to keep going.

Neither knew the hand was broken at that point.

The Pistons said Wednesday there was no update on Milicic’s injury or treatment.

Milicic is scheduled to return to his native Serbia in the next few weeks in hopes of making his country’s Olympic team.

Sponsored Link
lancet is offline Old 06-18-2004, 02:55 AM   #2
lancet
Contributing Member
lancet is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: Dec 2002
Member: #9607
Darn, that is one FRAGILE dude. No wonder he couldn't get any playing time in Detroit. Everytime he steps up the court, he looks horric. Missed a jumper in the lane, and missed two free throws in a row.

bamaslammer is offline Old 06-18-2004, 07:07 AM   #3
bamaslammer
Contributing Member
bamaslammer is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2003
Member: #12603
God, how the heck is Darko supposed to become a great player when he's a tough as glass! That is ridiculous.

So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O. as a team! That's what people know us as!
- Nick Saban

Nobody likes Jimmy Buffett, except for frat boys and alcoholic chicks from the South!
Eric Cartman

Deuce is offline Old 06-18-2004, 08:11 AM   #4
Deuce
Contributing Member
Deuce is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDeuce is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDeuce is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDeuce is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDeuce is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Aug 2001
Member: #2940
I rewatched the game last night (loved watching LA get stomped!) and saw the foul where Darko got hurt. He REALLY got his had whacked! Serious tomahawk chop on that hand. Not surprised it was broken.

“I think with this [acquisition of Dwight Howard], we move into one of the top teams in the West,” Morey said.
"Teams mistake at times like this when they make rash moves, rather than well thought-out moves.
My concern is our playoff team coming in has chance to beat every other team in the playoffs; it’s not on having the best team in the league July 6, 2013.”

olliez is offline Old 06-18-2004, 08:33 AM   #5
olliez
Contributing Member
olliez is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Dec 2002
Member: #10062
wow, no wonder the guy seems in agony during those short 2 minutes of play !

JuanValdez is online now Old 06-18-2004, 10:34 AM   #6
JuanValdez
Contributing Member
JuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #35
Quote:
Originally posted by lancet
Missed a jumper in the lane, and missed two free throws in a row.
I was giving him crap for his craptacular play in the last 2 minutes, but I take it back now that I know he had a broken bone. Its no wonder he missed both free throws if he was shooting with a broken hand. Of course, it doesn't quite excuse him for having the ball stolen from him.

HAYJON02 is offline Old 06-18-2004, 11:42 AM   #7
HAYJON02
Contributing Member
HAYJON02 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodHAYJON02 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: May 2002
Member: #4238
Yeah, you'd think being the #2 pick he'd be impervious to bone fractures.

BUST

Austin70 is offline Old 06-18-2004, 12:16 PM   #8
Austin70
Contributing Member
Austin70 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #5667
Quote:
Originally posted by HAYJON02
Yeah, you'd think being the #2 pick he'd be impervious to bone fractures.

BUST
I just got that pic of Sam Bowie in my head.

huby_n1 is offline Old 06-18-2004, 12:22 PM   #9
huby_n1
huby_n1 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2001
Member: #2856
Quote:
Originally posted by Austin70
I just got that pic of Sam Bowie in my head.
Comparing Darko to Sam Bowie is a disrespect to Bowie. Darko probably will never average more than 5 ppg.

snowmt01 is offline Old 06-18-2004, 12:25 PM   #10
snowmt01
Contributing Member
snowmt01 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2003
Member: #15324
Make sure you wouldn't eat crow in the future. :D
Darko is only 18.

Quote:
Originally posted by huby_n1
Comparing Darko to Sam Bowie is a disrespect to Bowie. Darko probably will never average more than 5 ppg.

Austin70 is offline Old 06-18-2004, 12:31 PM   #11
Austin70
Contributing Member
Austin70 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #5667
Quote:
Originally posted by huby_n1
I was thinking of his broken leg.

PhiSlammaJamma is offline Old 06-18-2004, 01:37 PM   #12
PhiSlammaJamma
PhiSlammaJamma is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finePhiSlammaJamma is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finePhiSlammaJamma is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Aug 1999
Member: #692
Hee hee, I too was giving him crap for his play, oops.

Rockets34Legend is offline Old 06-18-2004, 04:18 PM   #13
Rockets34Legend
Contributing Member
Rockets34Legend is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRockets34Legend is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRockets34Legend is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRockets34Legend is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4644
Dude, the guy looks gay. He broke his hand while taking a jump shot!?!? That's weak.

Rocketman95 is offline Old 06-18-2004, 04:44 PM   #14
Rocketman95
Hangout Boy
Rocketman95 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRocketman95 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRocketman95 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRocketman95 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRocketman95 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRocketman95 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRocketman95 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRocketman95 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRocketman95 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRocketman95 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRocketman95 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Member: #19
Quote:
Originally posted by nWo34Life
Dude, the guy looks gay. He broke his hand while taking a jump shot!?!? That's weak.
Shaq broke his wrist going up for a dunk. Is he weak?

Rockets34Legend is offline Old 06-18-2004, 09:10 PM   #15
Rockets34Legend
Contributing Member
Rockets34Legend is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRockets34Legend is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRockets34Legend is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRockets34Legend is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4644
Quote:
Originally posted by Rocketman95
Dude, when was that? Was that recent or when Shaq was younger? Please enlighten me as you always do.

DreamMachine34 is offline Old 06-18-2004, 11:34 PM   #16
DreamMachine34
DreamMachine34 is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: Aug 2000
Member: #1813
Quote:
Originally posted by Rocketman95
If I recall, it was either against Philly or New Jersey and the defender was swinging down like he was chopping wood on that play. I just remember Shaq just looking at his hand like he was saying to himself, "I'll need some icy hot after this match."

sums41 is offline Old 06-19-2004, 02:41 AM   #17
sums41
Contributing Member
sums41 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2003
Member: #11003
Darko IMO will become a great player, he's only 18. and when he does a lot of people are going to be eating their words.

/Or he will suck and I will eat my words. mmmm words......

Rocketman95 is offline Old 06-19-2004, 02:57 AM   #18
Rocketman95
Hangout Boy
Rocketman95 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRocketman95 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRocketman95 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRocketman95 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRocketman95 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRocketman95 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRocketman95 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRocketman95 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRocketman95 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRocketman95 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRocketman95 is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Member: #19
Quote:
Dude, when was that? Was that recent or when Shaq was younger? Please enlighten me as you always do.
Yes, he was hacked going up for a dunk. From all accounts, Milicic was hit very hard on the hand as he shot the ball. If you call the latter weak, you must call Shaq's wrist injury as weak.

rockets-#1 is offline Old 06-19-2004, 03:02 AM   #19
rockets-#1
Contributing Member
rockets-#1 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #6083
I'm not defending the guy, but the dude is like 17 maybe 18, so it's kinda understandable if he's a little more fragile.

rezdawg is online now Old 06-19-2004, 03:39 AM   #20
rezdawg
Contributing Member
rezdawg is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererezdawg is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererezdawg is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererezdawg is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererezdawg is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererezdawg is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererezdawg is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2000
Member: #1294
Quote:
Does it matter if Shaq was younger or older? Darko is only 18, so Shaq's age is irrelevant. Did you, personally, watch the foul or are you just thinking that Darko shot the ball and broke his hand? If you actually watched the game, then you would realize that many people could have come away with a broken bone.