1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PartyPoker

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SaFe, Jan 19, 2004.

Tags:
  1. SaFe

SaFe Contributing Member

Well, guess I'm back into poker, so much for New Years resolution. :p

Anyway, Party Poker has a new member bonus that some of the poker players here on the BBS can take advantage of. Basically, for every person I can get to join into the game, they get $25 dollars and I get $50. For more info go here.

I will split the reward money evenly with everyone who signs up. If anyone else here already plays at Party Poker (I know at least one guy does), I will also split it with them also.

Some quick notes:
    -Min. deposit, $50.
    -Age 18+
    -Whether online gambling is legal, go here.
    For those to lazy to read, it basically says: As of this writing, no person has been charged, let alone brought to trial, let alone convicted, let alone sentenced for playing poker online. But this does not guarantee one or more of these things will not happen in the future.
    -smallest pot is 50c/$1
    -biggest pot is $30/$60
    -available games, holdem, omaha(hi/lo), and 7 card stud(hi/lo).
    -Play at own risk. If you play small pots, you can usually make or lose a couple buck a week all in good fun. However, if you know you have a problem with gambling, I would advice staying away from big pot tables.
    -The competition there is varied, there are some bad players, but then again, there are some like this guy.

Well anyway, if you have any question, just post it and I will try to answer.

2. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

Chris Moneymaker is an example of why, over a short period of time, luck can far exceed skill in any type of gambling event. Not that he played HORRIBLY during that tournament, or anything, but he is at best an above-average amateur tournament player.

I play a lot of NL Hold 'Em 1-table and multi-table events at Party Poker as well as Pokerstars. Party Poker has noticably weaker competition.

3. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

SaFe, I'm in. Just tell me what I need to do to register so that we both get our money. By the way, is there a minimum amount to get started?

4. RocketFan007

Sorry, just noticed that you mentioned that there is a 50 dollar minimum, sounds good to me.

5. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

Party Poker has been my personal ATM the last 9 months. definitely the place to play for weak competition.

6. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

Moneymaker was lucky as **** to beat Phil Ivey and Sam Farha last year. I mean, you can argue he was lucky all tournament long, and he was, but I mean he was specifically lucky to pull those wins out of his ass. Farha should be busted his **** on that last hand.

Robert Varkonyi was lucky as **** to win the year before, too. I think his performance in this year's WSOP bears that out. I'm not the only one either, if you remember what Doyle Brunson said after he was eliminated.

7. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

moneymaker also escaped against that big hispanic dude. i don't remember the guy's name but moneymaker had pocket 8s and the dude had pocket Aces. moneymaker goes all in on the flop and lucks out by hitting another 8 on the turn.

8. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

Also, Moneymaker called some GIANT allin later on with 33, on some board with 3 overcards. It was the most horrible call ever even though it turned out to be a good one, and not surprisingly, his hand held up against Dutch Boyd's unpaired AJ.

9. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

You sound like one of the bitter pros that got knocked out by Moneymaker. Moneymaker got lucky on several hands but also made some nice plays in the tournament. There is no way you win the WSOP without a little luck on your side.

FYI, Farha and Moneymaker had a 1 on 1 rematch on Pokerstars after the WSOP. Farha stomped him.

Anybody that wants to play the best online tourney's play at Pokerstars. Otherwise, Partypoker has the most fish and you can make the most money there as long as you know what you are doing.

10. SaFe

SaFe Contributing Member

All I need is a email address and an invitation will be sent to you via that email.

Yep, moneymaker got very lucky. He played all the bad odds and still ended up on top. However, luck in poker is a dangerous thing because once you lose it, it can definitely come back and bite you in the ass.

11. RocketFan007

SaFe, you can send an e-mail to me via my profile.

12. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I play at yahoo.com.

13. SaFe

SaFe Contributing Member

Funny you mention that. I had all but given up on poker until I played with you guys at yahoo that day Bobfinn started the thread. Well, I'm back and reeling in the money.. hehe.

14. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I'm not a big fan of on-line poker. Too many people playing hands that should be tossed away. I find that it if I play too much online then it hurts my game when I go play against real people. That and one of the best parts about playing real people is trying to get a read on what they are holding. That IMO is the beauty of holdem.

15. super_mario

super_mario Member

This is the beauty of on-line poker. You can always count on people like these to lose money to you. Plud you can play on multiple tables so its not too boring.

16. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

I will take that as a compliment, since those pros would fleece Moneymaker four times out of five.

17. PhiSlammaJamma

I have been playing for fun on party poker. May switch over someday to real thing and play small potatoes.

As far as Money Maker. I think his dad was making comments on what Farha would do based on his hand gestures. Then farha actually did it. So you can say what you want, but Money Maker may have known what the hell he was doing all along.

18. SaFe

SaFe Contributing Member

Rocketfan, I already sent the email to you, please reply.

Moneymaker definetly knew what he was doing, that one bluff he made in the final round was possibly the best play I have ever seen in poker. Guess skill + a bit of luck can get you a long way in wsop

19. RocketFan007

SaFe, I just replied. Thanks.

20. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

Didn't see this thread.. lost $50 in about 3 hours, deleted the party poker following.

Big Losing hand 1: Pocket 4's, flopped another 4.. lose to a flush

Big Losing hand 2: Pocket Kings, Lost to a guy with pocket Aces.

Big Big Big Losing hand: Pocket cards: King/Queen clubs,Flop a flush, ACE HIGH, and a guy gets a full house on the river. I was on the button, and people were raising and re-raising before it even got to me. I figured somebody had 3 of a kind, because there was no possible straight. I was right. Turn card: 6. River card: 6. Dude gets a full house and beats me. :mad: