ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Hangout > BBS Hangout

The best commercials on TV
Tags:  comedian, commercials, football, funny Tags
finalsbound is offline Old 11-12-2003, 06:29 PM   #1
finalsbound
Contributing Member
finalsbound is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemfinalsbound is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemfinalsbound is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemfinalsbound is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemfinalsbound is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemfinalsbound is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemfinalsbound is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemfinalsbound is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemfinalsbound is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemfinalsbound is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Aug 2000
Member: #1850
...are all the Budweiser commercials. There's the one where the three white guys are all dressed out in hip-hop clothes, long chains, jerseys and everything. They run into the conservatively-dressed black guys and they all just stop dead at the corner, staring at each other. Then the white dudes walk away and the black guys start laughing.

There's also that one with the three friends watching the black comedian on TV and the only black guy among the friends is giggling hysterically while the two other guys look at him like he's nuts.

But by far my favorite one is the reporter and the football player.
Reporter: So, Leon, what are your feelings on today's loss?
Player: Look, I been carryin' this team on my back the whole season. I can't do everything myself. Those guys really need to step up and help me out.
Reporter: So...your 4 fumbles had nothing to do with it?
Player: They should have jumped on it. Once again...I can't do everything myself.
Reporter: There's no "I" in team.
Player: Yeah, there ain't no "We" either.

That one makes me lol.

Anyone else got any ideas of some funny or creative commercials?

Sponsored Link
drapg is offline Old 11-12-2003, 06:30 PM   #2
drapg
drapg is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: Mar 2002
Member: #3584
The only commercial that deserves to be on this list is:

"Wing maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!!"

EddieWasSnubbed is offline Old 11-12-2003, 06:33 PM   #3
EddieWasSnubbed
Contributing Member
EddieWasSnubbed is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneEddieWasSnubbed is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneEddieWasSnubbed is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneEddieWasSnubbed is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneEddieWasSnubbed is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneEddieWasSnubbed is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 2002
Member: #3471
I like the video game one(for some 18 wheeler racing game).

You see an 18-wheeler rocking back and forth and all you hear is:
"Who's your daddy" about 10 times. Then, "Why do you keep asking who my daddy is?....Your my cousin."

Great stuff. :D

Vengeance is offline Old 11-12-2003, 06:47 PM   #4
Vengeance
Contributing Member
Vengeance is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2000
Member: #2026
Quote:
Originally posted by finalsbound

That one makes me lol.

I thought it was "there ain't no Lee either." as in Leon . . . Lee . . . I must have misheard it.

My favorite are the Real American Heros -- "We salute you, mister really bad toupee wearer".

bigtexxx is offline Old 11-12-2003, 06:52 PM   #5
bigtexxx
Contributing Member
bigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4585
Quote:
...are all the Budweiser commercials. There's the one where the three white guys are all dressed out in hip-hop clothes, long chains, jerseys and everything. They run into the conservatively-dressed black guys and they all just stop dead at the corner, staring at each other. Then the white dudes walk away and the black guys start laughing.

There's also that one with the three friends watching the black comedian on TV and the only black guy among the friends is giggling hysterically while the two other guys look at him like he's nuts.

But by far my favorite one is the reporter and the football player.
Reporter: So, Leon, what are your feelings on today's loss?
Player: Look, I been carryin' this team on my back the whole season. I can't do everything myself. Those guys really need to step up and help me out.
Reporter: So...your 4 fumbles had nothing to do with it?
Player: They should have jumped on it. Once again...I can't do everything myself.

That one makes me lol.

Those first two budweiser commercials annoy me. They paint the white man in a bad light. If the roles were reversed (especially the first one) there would be outrage.

finalsbound is offline Old 11-12-2003, 06:54 PM   #6
finalsbound
Contributing Member
finalsbound is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemfinalsbound is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemfinalsbound is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemfinalsbound is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemfinalsbound is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemfinalsbound is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemfinalsbound is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemfinalsbound is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemfinalsbound is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemfinalsbound is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Aug 2000
Member: #1850
Quote:
Originally posted by Vengeance
My favorite are the Real American Heros -- "We salute you, mister really bad toupee wearer".
Yeeaah..."we salute you, Mister footlong hotdog man."

Funny stuff.

EddieWasSnubbed is offline Old 11-12-2003, 06:54 PM   #7
EddieWasSnubbed
Contributing Member
EddieWasSnubbed is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneEddieWasSnubbed is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneEddieWasSnubbed is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneEddieWasSnubbed is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneEddieWasSnubbed is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneEddieWasSnubbed is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 2002
Member: #3471
Quote:
Originally posted by bigtexxx
Those first two budweiser commercials annoy me. They paint the white man in a bad light. If the roles were reversed (especially the first one) there would be outrage.
Like I once had a teacher say, "The only type of person you can get away with discriminating against is a straight white guy."

rudager is offline Old 11-12-2003, 06:54 PM   #8
rudager
rudager is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #5496
Quote:
Originally posted by drapg
The only commercial that deserves to be on this list is:

"Wing maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!!"
That or the Axe commercial where the 'bad' side of the guy's personality does the tongue-out devil face while dancing with that girl. Makes me laugh every time.

rudager is offline Old 11-12-2003, 06:55 PM   #9
rudager
rudager is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Member: #5496
Quote:
Originally posted by rudager
That or the Axe commercial where the 'bad' side of the guy's personality does the tongue-out devil face while dancing with that girl. Makes me laugh every time.
At least I think it's an Axe commercial.

OmegaSupreme is offline Old 11-12-2003, 07:07 PM   #10
OmegaSupreme
Contributing Member
OmegaSupreme is James Harden -- racking up the pointsOmegaSupreme is James Harden -- racking up the pointsOmegaSupreme is James Harden -- racking up the pointsOmegaSupreme is James Harden -- racking up the pointsOmegaSupreme is James Harden -- racking up the pointsOmegaSupreme is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Mar 2003
Member: #11426
the rockets promo in some place (i think it was d&b). favorite part is boki's "oh... wow" when the little girl hits the bell in that "test your strength" game.

old, old, geico commercial when the guy in the diner said he didn't want mayo on his sandwich, so the waitress picks up the top piece of bread and rubs it against the edge of the table to get off the mayo. just the expression on her face was funny.

that commercial (forgot who it was for) where the guy gets coffee spilled on him and says "ooooo! looks like i'm having tea" and later gets hit in the nards by one of his friends with a bowling ball.

i still laugh at the cedric and poodle commercial too. the thump when it hits the roof of the car... good stuff.

Rip Van Rocket is offline Old 11-12-2003, 08:16 PM   #11
Rip Van Rocket
Contributing Member
Rip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: May 2002
Member: #4070
Quote:
Big wieners are funny!

JBIIRockets is offline Old 11-12-2003, 09:03 PM   #12
JBIIRockets
Contributing Member
JBIIRockets is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodJBIIRockets is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jan 2001
Member: #2161
my favorite one is I think a budweiser true commerical where the football referee is doing a first down measurement and the measure comes up short. Then the ref makes the announcement and shows the length of the yard needed to make a first down with his fingers, and then he says "with this you have drama, but with this, people are changing channels, but this drama."

wakkoman is offline Old 11-12-2003, 09:18 PM   #13
wakkoman
Contributing Member
wakkoman is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finewakkoman is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finewakkoman is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Aug 2003
Member: #13698
Quote:
Originally posted by OmegaSupreme
the rockets promo in some place (i think it was d&b). favorite part is boki's "oh... wow" when the little girl hits the bell in that "test your strength" game.

LOL the way he says it, you can tell its so staged and it was dubbed later

my favorite is the one where tracy morgan meets ben wallace on that staircase and tells him that he has "achieved the ISO motion"
i dont know why, but i crack up everytime i see it

i also love the carmelo jumpman commercial

bamaslammer is offline Old 11-12-2003, 09:29 PM   #14
bamaslammer
Contributing Member
bamaslammer is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2003
Member: #12603
The Twins!!!!!!!!!:D

So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O. as a team! That's what people know us as!
- Nick Saban

Nobody likes Jimmy Buffett, except for frat boys and alcoholic chicks from the South!
Eric Cartman

MR. MEOWGI is offline Old 11-12-2003, 09:51 PM   #15
MR. MEOWGI
Contributing Member
MR. MEOWGI is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Member: #5478
I like the "If you can't find a Pilgrim's in 10 minutes you're lost" commercials. What a hoot.

Harrisment is offline Old 11-12-2003, 10:23 PM   #16
Harrisment
Contributing Member
Harrisment is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHarrisment is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHarrisment is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHarrisment is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHarrisment is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHarrisment is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHarrisment is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHarrisment is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHarrisment is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHarrisment is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jun 2001
Member: #2679
Oh yes...I love all of the Tracy Morgan commercials for the Espn games....my favorite is the basketball one though.

"When I dunk on you, it will look unorthadox."

I don't know why, I love that.

Another favorite of mine lately are those McDonalds monopoly commercials with that really goofy looking guy in it. He turns into a body builder, a millionare....I don't know why, it's just funny damnit!

2013 Clutchfans NFL Survivor Champion

Vengeance is offline Old 11-12-2003, 10:23 PM   #17
Vengeance
Contributing Member
Vengeance is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2000
Member: #2026
Quote:
that commercial (forgot who it was for) where the guy gets coffee spilled on him and says "ooooo! looks like i'm having tea" and later gets hit in the nards by one of his friends with a bowling ball.
OMG, I started laughing just reading this. Damn, I wish I could see the actual commercial!!

The worst are anything for Coors. f--- the twins, the commercial is stupid. The music is stupid, the people look stupid, Kid Rock is stupid, and the beer sucks . . . that's my opinion anyways. Ya know what other commercials suck? The Wild Turkey Burbon ones on the radio. I hate them so much it's almost indescribable. The fakeness of the "real friends" and their insipid conversations. It almost makes me want to never drink again . . .

droxford is offline Old 11-13-2003, 12:15 AM   #18
droxford
droxford is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedroxford is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedroxford is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedroxford is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedroxford is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedroxford is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Oct 2001
Member: #3227
Quote:

Funny stuff.
"We salute you, Mr. Taco salad inventor"

-- droxford

francis 4 prez is offline Old 11-13-2003, 03:12 AM   #19
francis 4 prez
Contributing Member
francis 4 prez is James Harden -- racking up the pointsfrancis 4 prez is James Harden -- racking up the pointsfrancis 4 prez is James Harden -- racking up the pointsfrancis 4 prez is James Harden -- racking up the pointsfrancis 4 prez is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Aug 2001
Member: #3057
the wingman song has been permanently etched in my brain. it's hilarious.

apparently along the lines of that referee one, there's one where they call holding and explain "it happens on every play, but we wait until this crucial moment to call it just to annoy you."

all budweiser commercials are great. the black guy laughing with the two white guys staring is hilarious (the crowd reactions on tv are great too).

i'm pretty sure it's "yeah well there ain't no we either." that's what i've always thought and saying lee would be a weird way of playing off leon. we just makes more sense to me. but i've misheard stuff before.

the one where the guy on the deserted island keeps getting messages in a bottle from that guy (brain henderson?). the way the brian guy says "yeah wow" at his bottle idea is hilarious.

the first terry tate commercial for the super bowl is still the greatest commercial of all time.

ROCKSS is offline Old 11-13-2003, 08:27 AM   #20
ROCKSS
Contributing Member
ROCKSS is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: May 1999
Member: #489
Quote:

i
Washington Mutual and your right it`s hillarious :D I especially like the part where he`s at the dentist and he`s drilling his teeth and then the nurse realizes she has the x-rays upside down and reverses them and the dentist gets up and switches sides and says "my bad"