1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Francis + Mobley = No Playoff !!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by djunior, Oct 8, 2003.

Tags:
  1. djunior

djunior Member

Rudy T had poisoned the Rockets for the past 4 seasons. The former coach had too much tolerance of the two "backcourt brothers" (Francis & Mobley), letting them go wild with that so-called 1-on-1 playing strategy. The majority of the shots were from the backcourt, and did i mention that lots of those shots were bad/careless ones? A jump-shooting team can only win that many games. Need evidents? Well, just ask yourself why the Rockets were absent from the playoff the past 4 seasons.

It's obvious that the backcourt brothers are not the right key to open the door to the playoff. It's time for someone to slap on their face, and yell GET RID OF THAT DAMN BALL & START TRUSTING YOUR FREAKING TEAMMATES!!!

Yao is the missing piece of the puzzle. With his skills & pressures put on the opponents, he should not be the #3 man on the team. Last season with Yao was almost a breakthrough year for the Rockets, but unfortunately this "me-first" mentality in the team's offense between Francis & Mobley screwed many chances. If was obsolutely pathetic last season the team ranked #29 out of 29 NBA teams in assist. (and oh, Stevie lead the NBA in turnovers)

Francis & Mobley each gets over 40 mpg, while the rest get pathetic playing time. Too much to say about team chemistry. Rudy T got fired for a reason. Lets just hope Van Gundy to be able to solve the team's selfishness problem. 10 assists and 30 turnover in the pre-season game? Old habits need to change!

2. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

That's a good start, but you'll need to do a lot better than that to reach true Steve and Cat hater status. Keep trying, though...

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ok Jr. I believe that Jason Kidd not Steve Francis lead the league in TO's last year. I may be wrong.

You blame Rudy for the system and spout the usual crap about the Rockets not getting Yao enough touches. Well Van Gundy says Yao did get the right amount of touches. You should read the article on the new offensive system.

And as for the pre-season game last night...

Never mind it's not worth it.

4. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

great first post:rolleyes:
    you will fit right in in the bbs:(
    i'm beginning to think that new members shouldn't be alowed to start new threads but after 20 posts or something. that way we wil not get another of this stupid threads

5. MFW2310

MFW2310 Contributing Member

Who do we play if not for SF and Cat? Moochie? Hawk? Jason Kidd lead the team in TO, although he's a much better playmaker.

6. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Like FB said...Van Gundy said that Yao had enough touches for a rookie last year.

Oh, and yeah...great first post. Slam two of the 3 players who will take us into the playoffs, and the coach who brought us two rings. :rolleyes:

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I did get the feeling that Steve and Cat were unsure how to score in a normal offense. Everyone once in a while they would hold the ball and go into "iso mode." When Cat held the ball for the last 4 seconds and shot up an outside jumper, Bill and Calvin made a big deal out of it- "Some things never change!"

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Is that some kind of gum?

9. codell

codell Contributing Member

Oh geez. So now, we are STILL blaming Rudy for our player's shortcomings???

How long till poor Rudy is off the hook??? How long is it going to take JVG to purge the player's brains of Rudy's philosophy???

No excuses. ;)

10. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Give Van Gundy a chance! He will need time before he clearly sees the problem. If Yao Ming got enough touches it wasnt because Steve or Cat were making the passes. Our Guards dont even know HOW to set up a big man yet. Francis hasn't shown me that he is interested in being the Playmaker and for sure he doesn't want to see Yao Ming get all the honors. Mobley doesnt trust Yao Ming's ability. JVG is only at the threshold of realising what an almost impossible job he has getting Mobley, Francis and Yao Ming to play together on the same Team and all fullfil their potentials. Most posters try their best to ignore the fact that Francis and Mobley were the ones who didn't want Yao Ming on the Rockets. JVG needs to search very deep to find the answers.

11. jeff from vandy

jeff from vandy Contributing Member

eaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasy junior...

we had all summer to complain, now its the pre-season.

let's try to be contructive at this point until we have something to worry about. it's a long season, try to stay a little level-headed.

12. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

It did me so much good to read your post!! At last another Rockets Fan who sees the big picture as clearly as I see it !! The Truth is out there and JVG will need only time before he finds this fundamental flaw of this Rockets Team.

13. CRC

CRC Member

'dJunior'... What a name... Looks like he'lll be called a 'Junior' the rest of his Clutch BBS life.

Poor guy!

;)

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Mulder, Is that you?

15. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

This post = ridiculous

16. codell

codell Contributing Member

Yetti,

So you are saying that JVG does not see the problem yet?? I mean, the guy is one of the better NBA head coaches and has seen every minute of every game last year.

Also, JVG seems to think that Steve and Cat were the ones passing it to Yao.

I guess Yetti is better at analyzing our team than JVG is.

I love it. JVG is saying that Yetti is flat out wrong in his analysis.

17. eyeagainst

eyeagainst Contributing Member

everyone calm down. Anyone notice that the starters only played like 10 minutes. Portland used there starters for more than half of the game. So everyone chill and let van gundy do his thing

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Exactly, I stopped watching and turned it back on towards the end of the 3rd, and Wallace and Wells were still in the game.

#18 pgabriel, Oct 8, 2003
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2003
  19. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

What do you mean?

I'll bet VG has already memorized all of the tape from last season.

20. ericdwj

ericdwj Member

Too early for harsh reactions. Try anger mangement classes.