1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is KNWS 51 going to broadcast the games again ? Also, are the pre season games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Troy McClure, Sep 27, 2003.

1. Troy McClure

Troy McClure Member

televised?

I checked the Rockets schedule the other day and noticed that the pre-season game against the Spurs was taken off ESPN. That sucked. Anyways, has a deal been reached with any of the networks yet ? I hope there are more games on 51 than the WB network,

okay?

2. CourtCourt

CourtCourt Member

I want to know as well. I just moved into my own apartment and I can't afford cable, and I hope I can get most of the games on the couple of stations I can pick up with my rabbit ears.

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I remember when I moved into my first apartment about 20 years ago. It was close to Sugerland and I had little money at the time. There was a place off of Richmond and Chimney Rock colled Cooters that always had the Rockets game on plus they had free food from 6 to 9 Monday thru Friday. There were a couple of other sports bars like that as well but I can't remember the names.

Anyway the point is...when you are low on money and you need some chow and want to watch the Rockets pick out a couple of good sports bars. I know I could not have survived with out them back then.

4. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

I would like to know the answer to this as well.

If I miss a single pre-season game, I'm going to have to unleash my ninja skills on some executives.

5. blu_monkey

blu_monkey Contributing Member

51's late night rebroadcasts were the best

6. JamesC

JamesC Member

I dont have cable either, so I enjoyed watching the games on 51. They showed every game home and away. Except when WB showed the games.

7. glcpimp

glcpimp Member

hell yeah, if it was an exciting game and we won i'd watch the game twice.....and I know i'm not the only one.:D
    Thanks KNWS!

8. B

B Contributing Member

Yeah, I hope they stick with non cable options again this year. (even if I did complain about Time Warners reception of 51 last year)

B

#8 B, Sep 27, 2003
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2003
  9. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

And thank God that 51 is on the satellite now!!!

10. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

Amen!

11. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I hope that means we will see Bill and Calvin more than just a couple of games this year on League Pass.

12. red

red Contributing Member

i plan on attending both preseason games here in the northwest. ill take pics.

13. bronxfan

bronxfan Contributing Member

not to change the subject too much, but i was looking at the regular season schedule on rockets.com and it looks like 31 games will be nationally televised (TNT, ESPN, ABC and NBA-TV) .

am i reading that correct? wow, if that's the case then maybe i'll rething buying the league pass thing (i live way out of houston)

14. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

what channel is 51 on satellite for direct tv in austin?? im planning on getting league pass im pretty sure but are all the games on 51 and would i need it?

15. The Summit

The Summit Contributing Member

If you live in Austin you wont be able to get channel 51 in Houston. Directv broadcasts local stations to something like a 60 mile radius, so your out of luck. Better get League Pass...

16. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

that makes sense and is what I figured....

17. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

From my experience with league pass last year, they only broadcasted 1 game with Bill and Calvin. They seem to have a deal with Fox Sports Channels, I never saw a WB or channel 51 game on league pass. You never know how much you love Bill and Calvin until you hear two other idiots talk out their asses.

18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Yea... the KNWS or WB game was very rare... but they did have a few of them. Problem is, when they had them, the feed would always screw up with the video or audio (or both). I guess I'd rather listen to "two other idiots talk out their asses," rather than not see the game at all.

19. blaqnitti

blaqnitti Member

Ditto!!!

20. SwiftRocket

SwiftRocket Member

I was just bringing up this post because I really would like to know if ch 51 carries it. I hope someone knows the answer