ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > NBA Dish

ESPN Sportscenter:four team trade
Tags:  basketball, espn, nba, new york, trade Tags
Kam is offline Old 07-22-2003, 06:44 PM   #1
Kam
Contributing Member
Kam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jan 2002
Member: #3419
I just heard it a few seconds ago.

Keith Van horn is moving to new york,

spre is going to the t wolves.

I can't remember the other players, but Philly is in on it.

I forgot the fourth team.

‹^›ςΏσ‹^›

Sponsored Link
Kam is offline Old 07-22-2003, 06:47 PM   #2
Kam
Contributing Member
Kam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
They're talking about it right now.

Glen Robinson is headed to Philly, and Terrell Brandon is going to Atlanta.

I think, let me listen in.

‹^›ςΏσ‹^›

JibbaJabba is offline Old 07-22-2003, 06:48 PM   #3
JibbaJabba
Contributing Member
JibbaJabba is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: Feb 2002
Member: #3459
Tarrell Brandon to ATL, Glenn Robinson to Philly is the rest of the trade.

reallyBaked is offline Old 07-22-2003, 06:51 PM   #4
reallyBaked
reallyBaked is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: Mar 2003
Member: #11525
oh course, good players being traded..

do we hear the rockets gettin in on any of this?

no

HotRocket is offline Old 07-22-2003, 06:52 PM   #5
HotRocket
Contributing Member
HotRocket is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: May 2002
Member: #3810
T-Wolves come out of the deal with a huge steal (well not that huge...)

Brandon wasn't going to play anyway, and by trading (in actuallity) "cap space" they were able to pick up a formidable running mate for Cassel and Garnet.

If they don't make it out of the first round with those players, they don't deserve to be in the West.

ragingFire is offline Old 07-22-2003, 06:53 PM   #6
ragingFire
Contributing Member
ragingFire is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: Jan 2003
Member: #10308
Looks like a good deal for everyone involved!

Milwawkee sure is moving up this year!!

Kam is offline Old 07-22-2003, 06:55 PM   #7
Kam
Contributing Member
I guess I'll give my assesment

KVH is an Anus Mime.
I thought he was suppose to be good.

With Spree, Alien, Wally, and KG, they should break out of the first round.

If they don't then it means this.

1)The T-Wolves just can't cut it.
2)The west is stacked.

Minny wins this trade because KVH is a piece of crap.
and Robinson is a fat piece of crap
and Brandon is a gimpy piece of crap.

Spree is a violent piece of crap.

‹^›ςΏσ‹^›

LiLStevie3 is offline Old 07-22-2003, 06:55 PM   #8
LiLStevie3
LiLStevie3 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2000
Member: #1602
From first glance, Philly's getting the best end of the deal. Van Horn is too inconsistent to be a real second option. Glenn Robinson has a terrific midrange game and should be able to hit the open jumpers when defenses focus on Iverson. I guess Atlanta is really in need of cap relief w/ SAR's, Robinson's, and Ratliff's contracts.

The T-Wolves made a good deal too, and may have gotten the best end had they been in the East. Robinson may be enough to make Philly contenders in the East. Anyways, Minnesota finally gets a wing to match up w/ Kobe Bryant (if he's found innocent).
PG- Cassell
SG- Sprewell
SF- Sczerbiak
PF- Garnett
C- Olowokandi
Troy Hudson would be an electric sixth man, w/ the energy and instant offense he brings. Not a bad lineup...but their frontcourt depth is atrocious, not a good sign in the West.

Last edited by LiLStevie3; 07-22-2003 at 05:59 PM.

ragingFire is offline Old 07-22-2003, 07:03 PM   #9
ragingFire
Contributing Member
ragingFire is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: Jan 2003
Member: #10308
The West now has 5 monsters:
LA, Milk, SA, Dal and Sac. Who is not going to make it out of the 1st round?
I can't believe that Dal might look like the weakest one of the bunch!

Where does that leave the Rockets? We couldn't even get Ollie, Daniels, maybe not Piatkowski and we are losing Posey, T. Morris ?!!!

Dave2000 is offline Old 07-22-2003, 07:03 PM   #10
Dave2000
Contributing Member
Dave2000 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneDave2000 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneDave2000 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneDave2000 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneDave2000 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneDave2000 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Aug 2001
Member: #2971
Looks like the deal is complete, its shown on the front page on ESPN.

Isnt it ironic that Sprewell was rumoured to be traded for Cassell during last season's deadline, and now they are teammates.

Desert Scar is offline Old 07-22-2003, 07:25 PM   #11
Desert Scar
Contributing Member
Desert Scar is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Aug 2000
Member: #1767
So what does this make Rice worth?

Tim Thomas? SAR? other overpayed guys who nonetheless do bring some skills to the table.

I have to say I think Minnesotta got the best deal. If Kandi even works out semi-OK they could make a run for the WC finals.

LiLStevie3 is offline Old 07-22-2003, 07:35 PM   #12
LiLStevie3
LiLStevie3 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2000
Member: #1602
Quote:
Originally posted by Desert Scar

I have to say I think Minnesotta got the best deal. If Kandi even works out semi-OK they could make a run for the WC finals.
They'd have to get their frontcourt depth straightened out first...Marc Jackson isn't nearly enough in the West. Otherwise, they're pretty set and should be placed on the level of the Kings/Spurs/Lakers/Mavs.

NIKEstrad is offline Old 07-22-2003, 07:42 PM   #13
NIKEstrad
Contributing Member
NIKEstrad is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereNIKEstrad is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereNIKEstrad is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereNIKEstrad is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereNIKEstrad is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereNIKEstrad is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereNIKEstrad is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Mar 2000
Member: #1350
Quote:
Originally posted by LiLStevie3
They'd have to get their frontcourt depth straightened out first...Marc Jackson isn't nearly enough in the West. Otherwise, they're pretty set and should be placed on the level of the Kings/Spurs/Lakers/Mavs.
They got Ervin Johnson as well in the Cassell deal and Ebi can come in as a combo forward. They still have the 1.5 exception at their disposal. Right now, they've got a STRONG starting 5, and an excellent 6th man. Jackson and Johnson just may be enough to roundout a very good 8 man rotation.

"They gave me some medicine to make everything go away. I was not worried, not at all. I just wanted to make sure I was feeling good. The doctors, they care about me. Gave me a little lollipop, a little candy, some gum and some coloring books...I had a lot of fun playing the maze today." -- Ron Artest on going to the doctor for a stomach virus before Game 6 v. LA

Desert Scar is offline Old 07-22-2003, 07:52 PM   #14
Desert Scar
Contributing Member
Desert Scar is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Aug 2000
Member: #1767
I think right now they are right with the Kings and SA--maybe better than both, and surely ahead the interior defensively challeneged Mavs. Of course pending legal or health issues the Lakers are way out there for next year.

xiki is offline Old 07-22-2003, 08:10 PM   #15
xiki
Contributing Member
xiki is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finexiki is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finexiki is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4978
Minn wins big on this. Did DMcDavid approve the deal?

Best part of deal is that Big Bog (so aptly 'named') is not coming here!

And I was so sure Spree was headed here.

tacoma park legend is offline Old 07-22-2003, 08:18 PM   #16
tacoma park legend
Contributing Member
tacoma park legend is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2000
Member: #1765
They're shaping up to be a scary team...

Spree is a guy who makes the Kobe-deficit on the offensive end more managable, and Olowokandi is an infinitely better target than Nesterovic in those high-low sets Flip Saunders likes to run.

Anybody think there will be a more alienated player on their respective team than Wally Szcerbiak? Talk about clashing personalities...

mfclark is offline Old 07-22-2003, 08:19 PM   #17
mfclark
mfclark is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: Mar 2001
Member: #2319
Minn - obviously an upgrade. Spree can play defense, which Szczerbiak seems to be allergic to. He doesn't solve their need for another bigman, but by association, it moves Garnett to the 4 spot and helps alleviate some of those problems. A lineup of Cassell (floor leader), Szczerbiak (shooting), Sprewell (slashing), Garnett (everything) and Olowokandi (low-post) is well balanced and one of the better starting 5s in the league.

Atlanta - a salary dump, but also addition by subtraction. Puppy Dog has been an overrated, overpaid player his entire career, and I think this will help Abdur-Rahim and Terry establish themselves much better as scorers. They don't gain any talent from this deal, but they gain themselves some salary flexibility and open up opportunities for their scorers. It also clears some room for Diaw, whether at PG or SF.

Philly - why they make this deal is beyond me. Yes, they get rid of something that didn't work in KVH, but they gain something that doesn't really fit in Robinson. Iverson has never worked well with other scorers (though, granted, Hughes and Stack were both guards), while Robinson isn't effective (or happy) without the ball in his hands. Are there enough shots to go around? And where does this leave Kenny Thomas? I know where it leaves the Sixers - in salary cap purgatory.

New York - I swear, Layden is turning that team into a squad of undersized/overpaid PFs and undersized combo guards. About all they have to do now is trade Allan Houston for an undersized combo guard...Troy Hudson comes to mind...and their roster would be complete. This will not be a good move for Van Horn or the Knicks and may lead to Layden's eventual firing. Absolutely does not make sense for them.

couch_pot8o is offline Old 07-22-2003, 08:29 PM   #18
couch_pot8o
Contributing Member
couch_pot8o is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: May 2003
Member: #12140
oh man.. this is something to look out for.. if this trade works out, big trouble for the rocs and the midwest coz twolves are really a team to be reckoned with. with the lineup of KG, KANDI, SPREE, WALLY, CASSELL... uh-oh.. this thing makes the rocs stand on shaky ground! yo, cd and les, where's the "big splash" youve been blabbin about?! do you wanna win a championship or not?!

Last edited by couch_pot8o; 07-22-2003 at 07:36 PM.

bamaslammer is offline Old 07-22-2003, 09:30 PM   #19
bamaslammer
Contributing Member
bamaslammer is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2003
Member: #12603
I think it is a great trade for the T-Wolves because they get the bigger 2-guard that they've always coveted.

The Knicks on the other hand got a 6-10 guy who despite his great talent has never lived up to his hype.

Philly gets a jumpshooting 3 who is nothing more than a lap puppy on defense.

And Atl gets some cap room after next season. The Wolves and Knicks got the better end of the deal here.

So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O. as a team! That's what people know us as!
- Nick Saban

Nobody likes Jimmy Buffett, except for frat boys and alcoholic chicks from the South!
Eric Cartman

B-Bob is offline Old 07-22-2003, 09:41 PM   #20
B-Bob
Contributing Member
B-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #6273
How large can the East/West gap get?

East gets: Terrell Brandon, age 52 amputee
West gets: Latrell Sprewell

Trade accepted.

Also, this could literally be the death of Van Horn. Those fans really seemed to appreciate Spree, and now they get milquetoast.