1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dan Langhi = Tom Chambers.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jul 28, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

What?!?!?!?! How can you say that after only a couple of summer league games? Easy, the crystal ball does not lie.

This man has game, pure and simple. 5 years from now, he will be considered one of the top 5 players in this years draft.

He has all the skills, and he is used to being the man....think about it a minute. He played at Vanderbilt, and was SEC player of the year.

VANDY ?!?!?! You know defenses were geared to stop him, I mean Vandy had no one else, what did he do? He learned how to get away from Defenses and get himself in position to score.

He is already better then Walt Williams. I just hope Rudy just sticks him in there from the get go....the guy can play, and he is a keeper.

I am not afraid of making bold statements when I think they are true, I predicted that Fizer will be the best player out of this class, and I think Langhi will be right up there with him.

The Rockets are great at getting good picks in the 2nd round, too bad the CBA makes it hard to keep them.

DaDakota

------------------

anthony59237 likes this.
  2. mfgarza

mfgarza Contributing Member

U read my mind. I was trying to describe him to a friend of mine. I couldn't really think of any one to compare him to, but I remember Chambers. It's rare that U see a big man with that many skills and agility. Notwiski is also the same, but does look a little slower.

------------------

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It's funny how quickly someone can go from a waste of a draft pick to a Matt Bullard clone to Tom Chambers.

Not to dampen anyone's enthusiasm because he's playing great but why don't we like actually watch him play in a regular season game before we pass Tom Chambers and reach Larry Bird stage.

------------------
    There are three kinds of people in the world... those who can count and those who can't.

4. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Great just what we needed anothe rguy who doesn't play D!

Honestly on the offensive side of the ball it may be a good comparison, I just hope he turns out to be a better defensive player.

------------------

5. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Now that you mention it, he actually reminds me more of Larry Bird Than Chambers. I know that sounds blasphemous but the he can shoot th lights out like no rookie I've seen since Bird. And he has this air of confidence about him. Don't get me wrong He is no bird but he reminds me more of bird than chambers.

------------------

6. TraJ

TraJ Member

I don't think Langhi is big enough to be compared to "chambers," but I think "bird" is fitting. [​IMG]

I can see Langhi winning the three point competition at the all start break.

[This message has been edited by TraJ (edited July 28, 2000).]

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Langhi for President.

Go Langhi!!!!!!!

Give me a L---L
    Give me a A---A
    Give me a N---N
    Give me a G---G
    Give me a H---H
    Give me a I---I

Whats that spell?????

------------------
    When I die I want to go peacefully like my grandfather. Not screaming like the passengers in the back seat!

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

<MARQUEE><H1>LANGHI--LANGHI--LANGHI--LANGHI</H1></MARQUEE>

hooray!

------------------
    When I die I want to go peacefully like my grandfather. Not screaming like the passengers in the back seat!

9. University Blue

Langhi is more athletic than Bird. Bird also played the post.

Langhi is more like Kiki Vandeweghe -- same body type, skills, and athleticism.

------------------
    Forget regrets or life is yours to miss.

10. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Funny how we all compare him to caucasion players....I liken him to Allan Houston.

Tall, thin (although Houston has bulked up considerably since his days at TN), and a great shooter. Nothing special on the defensive end...yet.

Langhi possesses some good athleticism, great height for a shooter, and can get himself open....all like Mr. Houston. They play a lot alike. WATCH AND SEE!!

Disclaimer: I did NOT say he was as good as Houston. Twas merely a comparison.

------------------
    HOOP-T
    ------------------

[This message has been edited by HOOP-T (edited July 28, 2000).]

11. DaDakota

Tom Chambers was 6'10" and super athletic.

Dan Langhi is 6'11" and is supre athletic.

I think they are VERY similar in style of play.

I know it is only the Rocky Mountain revue, but these guys were all the stars of their college teams, and Langhi makes them all look like stiffs.

If Rudy starts langhi this year he will average 15-16 points a game and 4-5 boards.

Hell, if he were in the CBA he'd average 30.

I really like the way he plays, and can see him being a major contributor for years to come.

DaDakota

------------------

12. DocRiverPhoenixSunScreen@

What about a more athletic yet less polished version of Keith Van Horn?

Larry Bird? You should be banned for even mentioning him in this thread. [​IMG]

------------------
    This message has been brought to you by:

DocRiverPhoenixSunScreen@

13. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Chambers? Bird? You guys have been smoking something.

Dan Langhi is the next Kevin Garnett.

RudyTBag likes this.
  14. TraJ

TraJ Member

Yeah, he's just a little skinnier than KG. (Never thought those words would come out of my mouth.. errr .. or whatever).

------------------

15. losttexan

losttexan Contributing Member

Kiki, chambers, BIRD!!!!

I'm not able to watch these games on TV, but if he is half as good as ya'll are making him out to be he's a total score. 14 pts. 4rd a game? that would be so sweet but...

I can't wait

------------------

16. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Dan Langhi isn't an All Star sort of name. He should change it to a fake p*rn name... like Dirk Nowitzki or something.

------------------
    Clutchcity500.net is where all the action is!

17. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

So whom does Collier play like? [​IMG]

------------------
    Who's ya daddy?

18. DaDakota

The reason I liken him to chambers is his athleticism and his ability to get his shot off.

I watched the '87 game 6 Sonics vs Rockets game last night on Direct TV and Chambers played a lot like Lanhi.

I will say that Langhi is a better ball handler, but Chambers was not bad.

Hakeem scored 49, Chambers I think had 37, and YES we still lost.

DaDakota

------------------

19. New Jack

New Jack Member

Langhi reminds me more of Pat Garrity. I think he'll be able to average double digits coming off the bench. He'll be a solid role player nothing more nothing less. He will not be another Larry Bird.

------------------
    You ain't gotta like me, you just mad cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be.

20. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Umm, I didn't know Pat Garrity could handle the ball like a guard? Also didn't know Garrity played the 3.

Langhi, at 6'11", can handle the ball better than Shandon Anderson, our starting shooting guard. That's not a knock on Anderson, it's just that Langhi has some really nice skills.

------------------
    A little bit better than I used to be

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.