1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Horns fall to Tech

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Baqui99, Mar 14, 2003.

1. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Very unfortunate. Nathan Doudney nails 7 treys. Andre Emmett had an awesome game. Hats off to Tech. They wanted it more tonight. Mouton, Boddicker, and JT all took the night off unfortunately. God, I hope this doesn't happen next weekend in the NCAAs.

Also, Florida, Arizona, Xavier, Marquette, and Wisconsin all lost tonight for what it's worth. This has been one f'n crazy day. Oh, and mduke, OU can grab a #1 seed with a couple of wins in the tourney.

2. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I am kind of glad UT lost this game. It is very hard to win both the conference tourney and the NCAA title. This means extra rest for the Horns.

I've always thought the conference tournaments (for major conferences) were overrated anyway. one game a day for three straight days. whatever.

I agree wth ole Lute.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Bobby Knight, Midwest basketball is a b****.

But y'all beat OU, finally. That's cool.

btw: maybe we should move all this March Madness stuff to the NCAA forum. I don't know.

Maybe Finn, Keeley and I can start Notre Dame threads per game. Afterall, they beat UT.

4. Fatty FatBastard

Nope. We Beat OU technically.
    We beat UT wholeheartedly.

Here's to hoping we can beat OU tonight! I'm positive Tech will get a bid in the NCAA if we do!

BBA '96 Finance/Economics.

Get your guns up! :)

5. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Bobby Night is one bad mother ******..

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I'm torn between wanting OU to lose so we can get a #1 seed and Tech losing so my chants of NIT last night won't go unfulfilled.

As long as we get in the South, I don't care what seed we are.

7. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

None of the seeds matter anyway.

It's all about matchups and upsets in your bracket.

I'd rather be a 2 in a weak bracket than a 1 in a tough bracket. You may get a somewhat easier opponent being a 1 over a 2 but frankly, if you can't beat a 14, you weren't going far anyways. The 5 seed is usually a recipe for death as your chances of an upset have been historically very high.

Almost all the teams that make it into the round of 32 are going to be somewhat good. You just hope that their strengths aren't your weaknesses.

UT's biggest strength in the tournament will be depth, especially if the refs call a tight game.

UT's biggest weakness is a consistent go-to scorer.

8. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

rocketman95.. what do you think are the most likely places for UT to end up if they are a number 1 seed...

I wish they'd end up in nashville just so I can see them but I doubt that will happen...

they are saying kentucky will most likely be in indy....

9. drapg

drapg Member

Last night's game was so damn depressing.

Who the hell is this Doudney character? I think he was really Wes Welker in a basketball jersey. :mad:

10. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

The UT women play for the Big 12 tourney championship tonight vs. Tech at 6 PM on Fox Sports Net. I can't believe I'll be watching.

11. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

go tech beat OU and they should be in. They really did beat them the first try so they have the ability to do so. If they can beat ou bobby accept your salary you deserve it.

12. Matador

Matador Member

LMAO :D He's a sophomore walk-on from Rockwall, TX.

13. TheHorns

TheHorns Member

Its tip off time, anyone else going to predict Tech wins?

You better do it in the next 5-10 min or your vote will not be validated.

14. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I predict Tech wins, oh and with all the upsets in these stupid conference tournaments, The number 1 seeds won't change a bit.

15. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Crap, you guys did this just so you wouldn't have to play us again. :)

Go Sooners.

16. Major

Major Member

I'd rather be a 2 in a weak bracket than a 1 in a tough bracket. You may get a somewhat easier opponent being a 1 over a 2 but frankly, if you can't beat a 14, you weren't going far anyways. The 5 seed is usually a recipe for death as your chances of an upset have been historically very high.

The advantage of being a #1 is that we were likely to be in the South region, putting us in San Antonio for the S16/E8 games. As a #2, we'd most likely be put elsewhere. Plus, if OU/KU get #1's, that puts us in a bracket with Arizona or Kentucky.

17. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Not so sure about that. If UT were a #2 seed, they would prob get highest "priority" with regards to region selection, as they are prob the best #2 seed (if they don't get the #1).

If they are a #1 seed, I don't think UT would get priority. UT would have to hope that the puzzle pieces fit perfectly, for them to be in their ideal region.

18. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Major,

With the way the conference tournaments have gone, I highly doubt Texas loses its #1 seed.

OU might win the tournament but with them only having to beat TTU, CU, and MU, they won't be passing anyone.

Only Oklahoma/Kentucky and Louisville have not lost in their conf tourneys, and UL is way too far back for a #1, UK is a lock, and I think OU is the top 2 seed.

19. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

But they would have gone farther than anyone else in the Big 12... As well as the fact that they'd be the only "big dog" along with UK, who won their conf tourney.

20. Major

Major Member

Not so sure about that. If UT were a #2 seed, they would prob get highest "priority" with regards to region selection, as they are prob the best #2 seed (if they don't get the #1).

Sure, but if the 4 #1s are OU, KU, Zona, and Kentucky, they aren't likely to put a Big 12 as a #2 in the same region as a Big 12 #1, which leaves us with Kentucky or Arizona. They'll do it with 3s and 4s, but if there were 4 #1 & #2s from the same conference, they'll all be in different regions.

If they are a #1 seed, I don't think UT would get priority. UT would have to hope that the puzzle pieces fit perfectly, for them to be in their ideal region.

Except that the puzzle pieces did fit. Arizona goes West, Kentucky goes East, Kansas to the Midwest and Texas to the South. It was the ideal setup, but UT and OU are basically interchangeable.

With the way the conference tournaments have gone, I highly doubt Texas loses its #1 seed.

OU might win the tournament but with them only having to beat TTU, CU, and MU, they won't be passing anyone.

Only Oklahoma/Kentucky and Louisville have not lost in their conf tourneys, and UL is way too far back for a #1, UK is a lock, and I think OU is the top 2 seed.

Yeah -- KU losing hurt OU, but I think if they win the B12 Tourney, they might still get the #1. There is a lot of sentiment that they were snubbed last year and that could play a role. If OU had beaten Kansas, I think they would have been a sure #1 (pulling out UT).

As it stands right now, I think KU, Arizona, and Kentucky have #1s. Say what you want about KU's schedule, they won the B12 championship. The last is between OU and UT -- OU can solve that by losing in the next 8 minutes.