1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor: Trade with Hawks declined by Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BanginScrew, Feb 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BanginScrew

BanginScrew Member

Now this is just a rumor and I was wondering if any of you have heard of this ...

Houston declined a trade offer from Atlanta that would of sent Shareef Abdur-Rahim, and Emanual Davis to the Rockets in exchange for Eddie Griffin, Kelvin Cato, Cuttino Mobley ...

Now I know Shareef paired with Yao in the paint would seriously help the Rockets but that would have been a pretty steep price to pay. If it is true seems like a good thing the Rockets turned it down.

Have any of you heard of this?

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

3. BanginScrew

BanginScrew Member

My mistake. I must have missed that thread. I'll post my comments there.

4. edc

edc Contributing Member

It does work under the salary cap.

IMHO it wouldn't be more than a discussion though. The Rox would be giving up too much for too little in return.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

LOL, here we were SERIOUSLY debating SAR for Eddie Griffin straight up.... And this rumor has us giving up Griffin AND Cato AND Mobley!? Whatever! No WAY would we do that deal!

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.