1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oilers coach MacTavish rips out tongue of Flames mascot

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by mr_oily, Jan 21, 2003.

1. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

I dont even like nor do I ever watch hockey, but this is hilarious!!!
    [​IMG]

Oilers coach MacTavish rips out tongue of Flames mascot

Harvey the Hound learned a valuable lesson: Don't mess with Craig MacTavish. AP
    CALGARY, Alberta (AP) -- Edmonton Oilers coach Craig MacTavish ripped out the tongue of Calgary Flames mascot Harvey the Hound after the 6-foot-6 dog repeatedly taunted him at the bench.

With the Flames leading 4-0 early in the third period, Harvey -- a 200-pound white dog with a foot-long red tongue -- began mocking MacTavish during a timeout.

When play resumed, Harvey moved behind the bench and continued to razz the Oilers. At another stoppage, Harvey leaned over the glass behind the bench which prompted MacTavish to grab the tongue, rip it out and throw it into the crowd.

Undeterred, Harvey kept leaning over the glass. MacTavish reached for a hockey stick but was calmed by Oilers trainer Ken Lowe. Several Oilers players squirted Harvey with water bottles before security moved the mascot away.

"[Harvey] was in a place he shouldn't have been," Flames spokesman Peter Hanlon said.

MacTavish spent 17 seasons in the NHL, earning 891 penalty minutes in 1,093 games. He's in his third season as Oilers coach.

Edmonton scored three times in a span of less than four minutes late in the third period but lost to the Flames 4-3.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Grizzled will NOT be happy with this development!! :D

3. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I wanted to rip the tongue out of the refs last night in the second half of my game!!! :mad:

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Funny.

Does anyone know where I can get a picture of that streaker, the one where you can see the beer coming out of that woman's nose? Search function is disabled, or I'd find it.

5. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Big deal...I think Barkley sent the Nuggets mascot to the hospital a few times...

6. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

ahahahha!!

MASCOT ABUSE, MASCOT ABUSE!!

MASCOTS HAVE RIGHTS TOO!

7. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Quick search. I remember the picture posted on the BBS being larger where you could actually see the beer coming out. The facial expressions on everyone make this the funniest hockey pic ever.