1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Now I'm starting to feel bad for Mario!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SpaceCity, Mar 1, 1999.

1. SpaceCity

SpaceCity Contributing Member

Poor guy. He's just now realizing what he left behind. Being on the Spurs is giving his blood pressure fits! I think that he may just bust a few veins and arteries.

Did you see thier game against Utah on Sunday? They had an interview with Duncan and they asked how he felt about Mario lighting fires under their asses in the media. It doesn't affect one way or another. "It does nothing for me" he said. "That's just Mario. That's how he does things."

Then they got spanked by Utah. Mario got tossed from the game, along with Popovich.

What Mario was thinking in the off-season:
    "Robinson's performance in 95 was a fluke. He was MVP after all."
    "I can motivate these guys. They'll listen to someone who's been there."
    "Their guard play can't be any worse than Houston's."
    "The media thinks the Spurs will go deep into the playoffs. I'll go there."

What Mario is thinking now:
    "San Antonio?! What was I thinking?!"
    "Where's Rudy T when you need him?"
    "Hey Kersey, what do ya say we beat the crap out of these pansies to try and toughen em up?"
    To Kersey: "You left Seattle for this?"
    To Kerr: "It ain't the same without Michael now is it?"

1 person likes this.
  2. keeley

keeley Contributing Member

Nice use of alliteration, RockFan.

I feel badly for Mario, but just how bad can you feel after what he said on the way out this summer?

If what the Spurs have done this year (importing winners and heart from other teams) doesn't work, God only knows what it would take to have that team win a ring.

Oh, here's an idea - have David Stern relegate 'em down to the CBA for a year. That might do it!

------------------

Popovich must stay!

3. heavenly

heavenly New Member

that's the perfect analogy rocketfan. mario is most definately a pit-bull.

i was shocked when duncan stated what mario said didn't effect him in anyway. i think him and robinson like the game of basketball, but have no passion for it at all. that's why the spurs are nevering going to win anything.

------------------
    Proud Cheerleader!! Rockets For Life!! :)

[This message has been edited by heavenly (edited March 01, 1999).]

Kevooooo likes this.
  4. Rockfan

Rockfan Contributing Member

Did you see the SA game when someone threw it across the paint for Mario - but Tim Duncan jumped up and essentialy stole it from his own teammate? Then Duncan missed the layup and Elie went postal on the way downcourt, screaming something and pounding his fists. He is like a pit-bull put into a pound with a bunch of poodles.