1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets font

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cgm_francis#3, Dec 9, 2002.

Tags:
  1. cgm_francis#3

cgm_francis#3 Member

does anyone know where i can find the houston rockets type font they use for their logo.

1 person likes this.
  2. Tim

Tim Member

cgm --

There isn't really a font for the Rockets letters -- they were all custom drawn specifically for the logo.

Didn't want you to have to go on a wild goose chase looking for it.

Tim

1 person likes this.
  3. jason123

jason123 Member

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Tim, maybe ya'll want to develop a Rockets font or let some font company (such as they are) develop one and be the official font of the Houston Rockets. There must be some money-making potential there. Don't you think cgm would pay cash for something like that? Perhaps your just waiting for the new arena and uniforms. But, it is something to consider. Anything to deflect from the costs of going to the game.

5. Tim

Tim Member

Actually, to be honest, I don't really think I'd expect cgm to pay cash for a font.

Designing a font is expensive, and since (1) whenever we use it, we have to custom-draw it to get the "stretched" effect, and (2) there's a chance we may be changing it for next season, there's probably not much of a chance of us investing in developing it.

Once we settle on the new uniform design (to head off any questions: we're working on it, and we won't be able to show anything until after this season due to NBA regulations), it would be a consideration, but it would depend on the design.

Now, if we could pay to have Chance's Yao Ming song make the Top 40 ... that'd be another story. ;)

Tim

6. Jared Novak

Jared Novak Contributing Member

This has to be some of the best news I've heard all day.

7. jerinrulz

jerinrulz Contributing Member

This is a really old thread, but I was wondering if anyone knew what font the championship uni's had. We're making some jerseys for an upcoming tournament and we wanted to pay homage w/ the same font if possible. Any help would be appreciated!

-Yes this is the wrong forum, but I didn't start the thread

8. uchlha

uchlha Member

holy crap what a necrobump :eek:

I think like Tim said, fonts are custom so maybe u gotta get it customized tolook like the 90s jerseys

9. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

10. worzel gummidge

The current jerseys have the cleanest designs in the NBA. I hope they keep them around as the main jerseys...

11. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

I can't believe this was bumped from 7 years ago. I didn't notice till i read Tim's post.

12. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

Eleven years later, still no luck. Crap. I wanted to make a SCREW hat inspired by this shirt.
    [​IMG]

13. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Keep the thread alive!

14. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Wow, when I read Tim's message, I thought it was FOR NEXT YEAR... and then I read the date on the post, it was from 2002.

I went from jumping around like an over weight child from joy... and then got stuck in the moment... sigh.

Not saying I don't like our current jerseys, but if not to make a whole new style of jersyes, I would like a set of BLACK jerseys for away or home games at least, that'd be pretty awesome.

Why don't we have a set of black jerseys? Anyone know? Is there a specific reason?

15. Wasabi_sauce

Wasabi_sauce Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  16. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

I've been searching for this font for awhile. This is the closest that I've come to finding. It's not perfect.
    http://www.fontspace.com/samantha-evans/pcde
    Some of the letters are very similar, some off. Also keep in mind that the n, e, & t were stretched in the original font of HOUSTON ROCKETS to match the others being uppercase letters. So that's not likely going to match up perfectly without altering, if a better font matchup is found.

The K isn't the right shape, and the n is missing the tail on top, but it's the closest I've come to finding the font.

If you watch the opening credits of the movie The Heat, the font is just about exactly the old school Rockets font. I'll continue my search.

17. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

#17 00rocketgirl, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  18. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

First off, thank y'all all very much.

I never create a new thread if one exists. After Wasabi_sauce's Photoshop job on the SCREW hat, I may need to jump into Illustrator now.

19. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

I like how this reply still works :grin:

20. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

when he said fonts are expensive to make, i cant imagine that being the case now.. font sites are everywhere with so many original designs, you can download pro team fonts of most if not all teams, secondary fonts and a few primary fonts, including vectors of current and old logos. its as simple as typing "teamname vector" into google......

i remade the champ font or attempted to at least for my rebrand logo..

[​IMG]