ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Talking Rockets Depth, Trade Possibilities with David Weiner

Go Back   ClutchFans > Hangout > BBS Hangout

What are all the ESPN sportscenter -casters doing now?
Tags:  espn Tags
PhiSlammaJamma is offline Old 09-24-2002, 10:23 AM   #1
PhiSlammaJamma
PhiSlammaJamma is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finePhiSlammaJamma is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finePhiSlammaJamma is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Aug 1999
Member: #692
Just out of curiosty I'm interested as to what they are all doing now...

Sponsored Link
MadMax is offline Old 09-24-2002, 10:29 AM   #2
MadMax
Contributing Member
MadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Sep 1999
Member: #732
hanging out with Martha Quinn and the rest of the old MTV vee-jays!

DCkid is offline Old 09-24-2002, 10:58 AM   #3
DCkid
Contributing Member
DCkid is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDCkid is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDCkid is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDCkid is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDCkid is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDCkid is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Oct 2001
Member: #3186
I don't know, but how much you think they pull down per year?

BrianKagy is offline Old 09-24-2002, 11:28 AM   #4
BrianKagy
Contributing Member
BrianKagy is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #6
In a Sports Illustrated profile on Chris Berman back in 1990, he had just signed a 5-yr, $3 million deal.

They're not all Berman and they don't all get Berman money, but this was back in 1990.

I would imagine the talent makes between $100,000 and $250,000 (not counting the Dan Patricks or Bermans), depending on experience. ESPN is like any other "hot" employer: it can afford to underpay because people are so eager to work there.

PhiSlammaJamma is offline Old 09-24-2002, 11:40 AM   #5
PhiSlammaJamma
PhiSlammaJamma is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finePhiSlammaJamma is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finePhiSlammaJamma is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Aug 1999
Member: #692
I bet most of them come into the job making about 30 k or less tho'. Just a guess. It's proably a real nice jump in salary if they get the gig.

Refman is offline Old 09-24-2002, 01:09 PM   #6
Refman
Contributing Member
Refman is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchRefman is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchRefman is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchRefman is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchRefman is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchRefman is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchRefman is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchRefman is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Mar 2002
Member: #3621
So when one of them gets offered a job do they spike their resume, do a little dance and yell "BOOYAH!!!!"???

keeley is offline Old 09-24-2002, 01:59 PM   #7
keeley
Contributing Member
keeley is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Member: #11
I miss the Kilborn-Haber duo. Kilborn is doing OK, I suppose, but I will always think of him jokingly giving props to Gheorge Muresan, "Defense wins championships", "Feel Good Edition of SportsCenter" etc... haven't heard what Haber's doing in a while.

edit: thanks Google, you make it easy: http://cbs.sportsline.com/u/cbs/bhaber.html

A-Train is offline Old 09-24-2002, 02:10 PM   #8
A-Train
Running With Scissors
A-Train is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jan 2000
Member: #1052
Dan Patrick, Kenny Mayne, and Rich Eisen are gang banging Linda Cohn back in the film room right now...pics to come!

BrianKagy is offline Old 09-24-2002, 02:53 PM   #9
BrianKagy
Contributing Member
BrianKagy is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #6
Brett Haber does sports for a station in New York now. I only know this because Letterman made fun of his "welcome-to-NY" billboard one night.

Edit: Oops, I should read the posts all the way through before responding.