1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Even Ming agrees that he needs to bulk up more

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Loco Gringo, Aug 19, 2002.

1. Loco Gringo

Loco Gringo Member

Not too long ago.. everyone was saying that Ming will be fine against other centres.. and every person on bbs that said he
    will get smacked around in the NBA would get ambushed..
    but now even yao has came to the realisation he has more
    work to do..

(From the Canada v China game) Yao said the experience showed him he will have plenty of work to do.

"I need more weight training," he said. "No. 23 (6-6, 260-pound Canadian backup center Richard Anderson) is so strong. He was so physical. Maybe I can get stronger than him."

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/story.hts/sports/1538437

2. Panda

Panda Member

What's the problem, I don't see anyone here that says Yao doesn't need to bulk up.

Beside, that's old news dude.

3. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Panda :- I say strengthen with a small weight gain, not bulk and a big weight gain! Yao made his statement after playing a strong bulky 6'6'' Center, who's center of gravity is very much lower than Yao's. In the NBA that should not be the case,unless he is being guarded by the Guards and not the big men. So he might have come to that statement due to the circumstances.

4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

about 6 weeks ago when I felt that Ming would get pushed around in the NBA, I got jumped on by about 15 posters. I would like to see where there stance is now.

5. MysticRyder

MysticRyder Member

He may get pushed around but he will also force the other center to come out and guard him. That will surely put the other center at a disadvantage.

6. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Are you still wondering why you are a junior member?

That little light should be going off in your head anytime now.

7. aznlincolnpark

get stronger aint dat hard for yao ..

all he needs is lifting weight..

just dat simple