1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post Moxley case, Mark Fuhrman tackles the Vince Foster Controversy

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tbagain, Jun 8, 2002.

1. tbagain

tbagain Member

Without former LAPD Det. Mark Fuhrman, whose book "Murder in Greenwich" is credited with fingering Skakel as Martha Moxley's killer, the 27-year-old mystery would never have been reopened by Connecticut officials.

So why should that bother the Clintons?

Simple. Next on Furhman's agenda is none other than the strange death of the Clintons' Whitewater lawyer, Vincent Foster. Foster was found shot to death in a Virginia park nine years ago and the death was officially ruled a suicide.

But five federal investigations into the episode raised more questions than they answered and left many observers suspecting a White House cover-up.

"I've been researching and working on that in my spare time for almost three years now," Fuhrman told Fox News Channel last year.

"If he committed suicide, he didn't do at Fort Marcy Park," the Skakel sleuth told then-Fox host Paula Zahn. "If they want it to be a suicide, the people that brought him there and staged the scene are going to have to come forward and state where he was and how he committed suicide.

"That's never going to happen," Fuhrman insisted. "So it will be a murder - it will be a suspicious murder for all time now."

Fuhrman also complained about the Foster crime scene to the New York Post.

"There was no brain matter, no skull fragments, not anything behind his head or blood on the vegetation around it," the former LAPD cop said. "It was a sunny day, the light was good, yet there was nothing noted, nothing photographed."

If Fuhrman follows up "Murder in Greenwich" with "Murder in Fort Marcy Park," Mrs. Clinton may have to put her presidential plans on hold.

This is facinating to me. I don't know much about the Foster case, but I look for to Fuhrman's take on the incident.

2. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Oh man. Wow. If Mark Fuhrman doesn't turn up dead or missing I'll be amazed...

3. lpbman

lpbman Member

on Moxley

27 years, no physical evidence

and they couldn't come up with reasonable doubt? good lord

perhaps they lost credibility with the tree whacking defense

4. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Mark Furhman? That's like asking legal advice from Marcia Clark. At least she has a regular gig with Entertainment Tonight! :)

5. Swopa

Swopa Contributing Member

I spent my earliest days online debunking BS "Clinton scandals" -- most notably the Foster case -- on a Usenet newsgroup.

Fuhrman is flat-out lying. (I know, hardly a surprise!)
    The fact is, there was a pool of blood beneath Foster's head that was visible after his body was moved. If Fuhrman has really been "researching and working on [Foster] in my spare time for almost three years now," he'd know that.

Of course, if he's also dependent on right-wing money to get by these days, he also knows better than to say that. People might get the correct impression. :)

He also knows better than to mention that when Foster's body was removed from a bag after being transported from the park, both the bag and the body were drenched in blood. You see, Foster was sitting on an incline when he shot himself, so most of his blood stayed inside his body ... and when the body was moved, the blood spilled all over the place.

(That tends to happen when you move a body with a hole in it.)

So the lack of visible blood at the site isn't proof that Foster's body was moved -- it's conclusive evidence that it wasn't moved, and Foster died at the spot where it was found.

BTW, tbagain forgot(?) to post a link for the article, or identify its source. Not surprisingly, I found it came from newsmax.com, a notorious right-wing-whacko website.

6. tbagain

tbagain Member

Excuse me, but I clearly stated that I did not know much about the Foster case, and I looked forward to Fuhrman's conclusions.

Without Fuhrman's investigation into the Moxley murder case, there would have never been a conviction. Fuhrman is a credible investigator.

You also state that Fuhrman might be "dependent" on money from politically conservative sources, which is completely wrong. He is a successful author and radio show host.

I am not trying to make any political statement with this post. I think it is interesting that a crime investigator with a successful track record is attempting to reopen a very controversial case- that is all.

7. Swopa

Well, I'll give you credit for a decent job of mastering the "neutral" pose. But since you're (1) getting your information from Newsmax and (2) sufficiently aware of its reputation to hide its identity even when you post its stories verbatim, I don't know how well that's going to wash in the long run. ;)

When you said Fuhrman was a "successful author," it took me one guess to find that he wrote for right-wing Regnery Publishing (among the "hot new releases" listed on their website: Goodbye, Good Men: How Liberals Brought Corruption into the Catholic Church, Shakedown: Exposing the Real Jesse Jackson, The Final Days: The Last, Desperate Abuses of Power in the Clinton White House, Absolute Power: The Legacy of Corruption in the Clinton-Reno Justice Department, and At Any Cost: How Al Gore Tried to Steal the Election). So, yes, I think it's possible that Fuhrman's views on the Foster case may be influenced by a knowledge of who's buttering his daily bread.

BTW, I'm sure Fuhrman gives himself credit for solving the Moxley murder, and that the right-wing media devoted to rehabilitating him (after this "credible investigator" pleaded no contest to perjury) do the same, but the winning prosecutor and another author who wrote a book on Moxley at the same time don't agree.

But you want to know the really funny thing I found in doing a quick Google search on Fuhrman? This quote from one of his books: You never see that on television. You never see how a murder victim's bladder and sphincter open uncontrollably. You never see, or smell, the other puddles of body fluids that spill and splatter when the corpse is moved.

Isn't it odd how he "forgets" to think about this in supposing that Foster's body was moved to the place where it was found?

Fuhrman is a liar and self-promoting huckster. And you should really broaden your range of news sources. :)

8. tbagain

tbagain Member

Sorry, but I refuse to get drawn into a nasty exchange by your condescending politically biased tone.

If you aren't interested in Fuhrman's opinions about the Foster case- great! I am, and others might be.

Fuhrman's is a successful author, and to dispute this fact is silly. He has had at least two books on the NY Times bestseller list, and Murder in Brentwood was #1 for about a month.

Also, in response to your claim that Fuhrman somehow unfairly claimed credit for the Moxley conviction, I will use a quote from the article that you provided.

Fuhrman's book was the only one to allege Skakel committed the murder.

We should note that Dunne also wrote the forward to Fuhrman's book, Murder in Greenwich

Thanks for clearing that up for me so easily.;)

In my opinion, you have let your dislike of Fuhrman cloud your judgement in this matter.

9. Swopa

No, the only thing that influenced my judgment was Fuhrman misstating facts about the Foster case.

Which, interestingly, you don't appear to give a crap about.

I take you you think Fuhrman is so wonderful that you don't care if he lies? (You've already demonstrated that your purpose in starting this thread was to be a shill on his behalf.)

Why should anyone care what else Fuhrman says about Foster when what he's said already is demonstrably false -- and contrary to Fuhrman's own previously stated knowledge?

I'm mature enough to understand that people in this world can be gullible and ignorant. But a desire to be gullible, a determination to remain ignorant ... that always amazes me.

So congratulations, I suppose, on amazing me.

10. right1

right1 Member

I don't know much about Fuhrman, but from everything else I've heard and read there is plenty of reason to suspect that it was murder that caused the death of Vince Foster. I paid attention to the case since it happened while his son, Vince, was in my fraternity at school.

11. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

Swopa said
    Where did he misstate the facts? He's not the one talking about a lack of blood on the ground, you are. He is saying
    You know, things that would be there if a bullet went through a mans head in the area. :rolleyes:

12. tbagain

tbagain Member

Swopa, you are determined to dismiss Fuhrman's conclusions about the Foster case before the book is even presented to the public!

You care far more about the messenger than the message in this case. Let's wait until the book comes out, and then continue this discussion.

LOL, you really hate the guy, don't you? ;)

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I can't really speak for Swopa, but I come as close to hate as I get when it comes to racist assholes.