1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Horrible - Man plows over Children in Mexico City

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by moestavern19, May 7, 2002.

Tags:
  1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I havent found a news link yet but I heard on the news a man driving a pickup truck in Mexico City plowed through a bunch of children on purpose and killed 2 of them, many others were injured. :(

2. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

Terrible!:(

http://www.thenewsmexico.com/noticia.asp?id=25111

Man angered by preschoolers runs them over
    TheNewsMexico.com - 5/7/2002

A man angered by preschool children who were blocking the street while they sang the national anthem outside their school ran them over killing two and injuring 22 others, the local press reported Monday.

Two children, aged three and five, died when Jose Luis Nieto Avila - who lived only blocks away from the Gabriela Mistral daycare center in the Ecatepec district of the adjacent State of Mexico - purposely drove his pickup truck through the group of children. The school's director and two other parents were also injured in the incident.

According to neighborhood residents, Nieto, on several occasions, had threatened school director Socorro Bibriesca, that he would run over the children if they continued to occupy the street during their weekly flag salute.

Police arrested the 56-year-old only blocks away from the school. A local daily reported authorities later went to his house to search for his children who apparently fired shots from a handgun into the air to prevent their father's arrest. They were not there when the authorities arrived.

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

This b*stard needs to be run over by a car himself. I'm serious. That is the only way to teach these kind of nuttsos.

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

also The whole thing was caught on tape, They showed some of it. Obvisiously it would have been too graphic to show it all.

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

just awful...i don't know what to say...i simply don't understand this kind of stuff.

6. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

Not to diminish the man's responsibility for his crime, I would ask why the school director would continue to allow the students to stand in the street knowing there was a man threatening to run them down.

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I don't know about you. But, where I come from its not common a man would stoop as low as to run over children. Warning someone your going to do something doesn't give you any right to justify it.

8. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

like mrpaige said, why would you leave them in the street. i mean i just don't think you should take that kind of chance that someone won't be a nut when kids lives are involved. however, that guy is just despicable.