1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#3 Oklahoma vs #15 Houston

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Fulgore, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

NRG Stadium

Saturday September 3rd. 11a kickoff

Line: Sooners-10

Totals: 68

TV: abc 13

Last meeting: OU won 63-13 in 2004

Ward needs 1 rushing td to pass Charles Sims for 2nd on Coogs all time list (29).

Newcomers to keep an eye on
    #2 Duke catalon
    #4 d'eriq king(will play wr his freshman yr)
    #10 Ed Oliver

Go Coogs!!!!!!

2. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ahhhh, yes....Finally.. UH 27 OU 24

Team speed on D for both sides..Neither offensive line will dominate.... a true slug fest ...not some video game score.

Should be a great game. Go Coogs !

#2 Plowman, Aug 26, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

OU will win. Just too talented.

4. Progs

Progs Member

That's what they said about Florida St last season and look what happened. Go Coogs.

1 person likes this.
  5. ItsMyFault

Florida St. from last season isn't this year's OU. OU is once again expected to contend for a national title this year, and they are much more talented than FSU was last year. Even given the fact that this game will be in Houston, I'm not sure how much of a home field advantage UH will have. OU has a ton of fans/alum in Dallas that will likely make their way down here.

I'm not saying UH can't make it a game. I'd honestly be surprised if this was a blow out, but I do think OU wins the game.

6. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Only 2 games on the schedule scare me. This one and week 3 @ cincy. I still expect wins in both. Go Coogs

7. PhiSlammaJamma

Cougars 38 Oklahoma 16

8. Progs

Progs Member

Replace Louisville with Cincinnati.

9. the shark

the shark Member

Both of these games will be tough.

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

OU by 10-13 pts

11. Nook

Nook Member

FSU was ranked 9th in the nation when they played UH last year; and virtually the same FSU squad is opening this year ranked 4th in the coaches poll; one spot behind Oklahoma. So there really isn't a big obvious difference.

Usually high ranked teams from smaller conferences struggle against larger conference heavy weights in the trenches. UH dominated FSU in the trenches last year and were the more physical team. That bodes well for UH.

There will be a home advantage for UH, the tickets are going for multiple times their face value and a majority of the crowd will be from UH. The UH fans have been looking forward to this game for sometime. This is just another game against a ranked opponent for Oklahoma.

Oklahoma should be favored and I suspect they will win, but UH has some advantages.

12. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Has anyone seen our depth chart? If so please post.

13. Plowman

Supporting Member

I'm in tune, big time with your post, Nook.Really dig it. That said, there is one sentence I disagree with.

"This is just another game for OU" ..We are likely to be in the BIG 12 very soon...Even if we weren't it's about the recruiting. Our fertile soil as well as both teams needing to win out (OU might be able to get away with losing one) exponentially multiplies the importance. I don't see OU taking us lightly at all...not business as usual..This SHOULD become a big rivalry.It's a shame this game wasn't later in the season. But, I STILL believe we'll see a great one.

14. Plowman

Supporting Member

BTW..I've always had the utmost respect/admiration for OU.... really enjoyed watching Billy Sims, Jamelle Holloway, Charles Thompson, Keith Jackson, the Selmons, etc. over the years.....I have some of the purest Cougar blood flowing through my veins, but if I was FORCED to name another team, I'll root for a bit..It's OU.....ESP. against UT.

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Head: OU by 10-14

Heart: UH by 3-7

Plz plz plz baby jesus

16. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

" we don't practice for games, we practice for chaos!"

-Tom Herman

Go Coogs!

17. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

18. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

HYPED!

Can't wait for this game.

19. ItsMyFault

Just because they were ranked 9th in the nation last year doesn't mean they're as good as OU is this year. I don't understand why you're using the FSU game as reasoning for this game. OU is a different team, a better team. The only thing they have in common are that they are both ranked.

This isn't just another game for OU. It's their season opener against a ranked team on a "neutral" site. Their fans will show up. OU's fanbase is so much larger than UH's and even though the game is hosted in Houston, their fans travel well. If this game was in San Antonio for example, I don't even think there would be a question as to which school would have more fans at the stadium.

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

IIRC OU's allotment for this game was 7K.

I wonder if UH's allotment was larger.

Sooner homers have been saying there will be 50K OU fans there.

I think it will be about 60/40 with the majority UH.

30K Sooners is not a weak showing by any means.

As for San Antonio... when we played UTSA we had close to 15K there. Maybe more.