1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Went to Toyota Center Team USA vs Nigeria exhibition game last night. Vids inside.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, Aug 2, 2016.

1. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

I got pretty decent seats - I splurged for the Gold VIP package - comes with the seat and "exclusive" Team USA merchandise (was disappointed to find out the goods will actually be shipped AFTER the event).

A little kid in the merch line was really sad they didn't have Carmelo Anthony gear. He told his dad that Melo was the leader of the team and couldn't believe they had no Melo merch. He waited in line 30 minutes to ask the vendors if they had Melo gear.. his dad was like, "You sure you don't want a KD shirt or something?" Kid sadly walked away.

There were a lot more people than I thought there'd be, especially current/former players.

All of the Women's USA team, USA Track & Field, Festus Ezeli, Reggie Evans and his kid, Patrick Beverley, Eric Gordon, Craig Sager (heard he's getting treated @ MD Anderson - we gave him a standing ovation), media guys (Grant Hill)... it was a pretty star-studded night.

Draymond got boo'd when he was introduced (will post the introductions later tonight).

People were being a little disrespectful to the Nigerian team. A guy in front actually got into it with one of the Nigerian players tired of the heckling.

Draymond threw his mini blue balls at the crowd after the game.

Here's a few vids:

KD Euro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0_QOoChVfE
    Melo ISO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv5gOawX9BM

2 people like this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The kid should have walked out on the floor to hug Melo's leg. :grin:

Nice Euro-step for the slam by KD.

Was Dream not there?

thx for sharing.

3. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Nice videos. Thanks!
    Great seats!

4. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

From the view of your videos, I was right behind you in the Harden USA 2012 jersey. That guy in the Paul George got into it with #7 on Nigeria, it was funny because he was talking noise to DeAndre and DeAndre just pointed up at the scoreboard and the dude shut up real quick when it showed we were up by 30 plus.

5. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

KD looks scary agile in that video. Warriors are going to be a nightmare for the rest of the NBA.

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Did you just realize KD is really dominant? lol

7. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

Lol, yeah it was just a circus last night.

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Boooooo, put it away, booooo, nobody needs to see that, booooo, your team sucked in the finals, booooooo, enjoy the downward spiral, booooooo

9. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

This will be the only time Rockets PA will say KD's name this enthusiastically

10. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

If the Superbowl was held inside the Toyota Center the club seats would still be empty.

11. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Just saw this thread. Was at the game.

I was happy Draymond got booed but I missed Klay's intro so I'm not sure if he was booed but I hope he was...and KD.

OP didn't mention Big Smooth, Zo, The Admiral and Brian Shaw were at the game. Marcus Camby was also at the game and I geeked out meeting him after the game(big fan of the Coach Cal 95/96 UMass team).

Hakeem wasn't at the game.. probably back in London or Saudi Arabia.

Masai Ujiri was at the game. He sat in the stands, a few rows up and I'm not sure any fans really recognized him.

Justise Winslow was there as well, saw him after as he was chilling with the others on the court post game.

Kyrie came back onto the court to get some shots up after the game. Surprisingly so did Klay Thompson (but I guess great shooters like him aren't satisfied with less than perfect shooting nights). Harrison Barnes also came back out to get some shots up.