1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Summer League

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Levi, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Levi

Levi Member

I'll honestly be disappointed if they don't win the Summer League
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Rockets will send an interesting group to summer league. Will include Sam Dekker, Montrezl Harrell, K.J. McDaniels and Michael Beasley.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/748924134080417793">July 1, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Obviously, Nanu Onuaku, Gary Payton, Isaiah Taylor and Kyle Wiltjer would be part of the Rockets summer team, as well.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/748925363330228224">July 1, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Now this is a fun summer league squad; maybe I can pretend last year didn't happen and sack up again for this year.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Summer League Championship > NBA Championship

4. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Lol Beasly is going to average 33 a game

5. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

When you are sending you second best contributor on offense in the second half of the last season to the summer league and he is a vet,

that alone tells you how the team value the quality of our current roaster.

6. OTMax

OTMax Member

Are you kidding me, Beasley? And can we just cut Dekker and Morey admit that he's the biggest draft mistake since Royce White!

7. Levi

Levi Member

I'd say he wanted to go to prove himself further to the Rockets and other teams

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Makes sense to send that many people when you have a new coach. Gives MDA a chance to start teaching.

Should be fun.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol beasley still has to play in the summer league.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

If Beasley has to play, then why not Capela too? Capela really needs the reps in new system if the expectation is for him to start.

11. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

This team is way better than last year with Dekker, Nick J, Capela not playing

skipping out on Summer League this year, probably will go back next year

12. CertifiedTroll

I wonder if Beasley on SL team is purely upper managements way of trying to keep his mind on basketball and away from off the court things lol. I really doubt he plays extended minutes. If he does play extended minutes.. Dear god will he put on a show.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

being in vegas might not help in that area :cool:

14. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Beasly will just play one game

15. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Why are you guys always so self-righteous ? Anything on the team are so surprising, I really do not understand what you guys are thinking logically

16. Fantasma Negro

50. I can't wait to watch

17. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

WTF he needs to prove for?

That a VET player whose UNDER CONTRACT FOR THE COMING SEASON also being the second best offensive option last season in the team that may not be even in the team's future plan?

18. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

I'm rooting for McDaniels to have a good summer and show some touch from 3pt range. Would change the trajectory of his career and make his a very useful player.

Let's see what Dekker's got. I've always been pessimistic but he hasn't had a fair shot and I hope he's been doing nothing but preparing for summer league and training camp since the season ended.

Beasley I don't get, unless he's trying to get a head start on understanding the offense.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

Tbh I'm surprised hes playing as well but I mean if you look at the big picture he was out of the league just last year. I'm sure he has his own reasons on why hes playing in the SL this year as do the Rockets. You say he's under contract for this coming season, however its for literally pennies without any guarantees after that. Your scolding this like its only a bad thing but there's plenty of +'s that can probably come out from this.

20. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

He was not sitting at home last year and smoking pots while waiting for the calls from the Rockets, he finished the CBA season (being the MVP, while it means nothing comparing to NBA level of course), and then joined the Rockets.

So at least to some extend, he is not out of shape and need more practice or games to get back to form.

He played well overall in those games for the Rox, its safe to say that unless some major surprise, at this point, he should remain in the roster the coming season and expected to be a solid bench scoring option for this team.

So again, WTF is the point to send him there? He does not need more games to get more chance to get injured.

Instead, you want to slap him on the face and tell him that : even though you played well last season, you are still a scrub, we do not trust you enough, so go play some summer games with the rooks and some other scrubs?