1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[B/R]: Would You Pay Dwight Howard $31 Million?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Os Trigonum, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

not sure I've seen anyone post this here anywhere, pretty scathing article on Dwight's FA prospects.

http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/would-you-pay-dwight-howard-31-million/

more at the link.

2. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Good riddance.

3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

It would be great if someone did sign him to a 155M contract. Tying up dead weight like this for 5 years would sink a team.

4. arjun

arjun Member

He's his own worst enemy.

5. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

Nope, he's too stuck in his ways. It's a perimeter oriented league and he refuses to guard anyone out there. Killed us in both Gs series on switches and basically any team with a jump shooting 5 could have target practice all game long. He's such a prima dona out there, only wanting to win if the team plays his way. Any team that maxes him out will regret it by year 2.

6. MacLovin

MacLovin Member

You know what they say about boats? The two happiest days for a boat owner are the days you buy it and the day you sell it.

Dwight Howard is a boat for NBA teams.

1 person likes this.
  7. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

They only way he is getting that much money is a one year deal by a bad team needing to hit the salary floor.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Said the same thing when we signed him, hoped for the best, but he is what he is....good riddance indeed.

DD

9. Rox11

Rox11 Member

He's honestly worth 12 a year

10. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Yup. With his skill-set and athleticism he could be a very useful player for almost any team. Instead, he is way too needy at the position where your player needs to be the most selfless. Anyone who says they "feel for Dwight" just doesn't understand the situation well. He could've put up decent scoring numbers if he would've committed to running the floor and being a dominant P&R screen setter.

Instead, he doesn't want to set screens and demands more post ups. Not just post-ups when he has a mismatch, no. Instead he wants to have a traditional back-to-basket post-up against other big men. Despite the fact that he is not very skilled offensively and back-to-basket post-ups are among the most ineffecient shots in modern day NBA.

Good riddance I say. Never thought I'd be saying this but I hope D12 doesn't resign, even at less money. I want to let Capela develop into a starter, he has the chance to be epitome what the modern day center should be.

Love this analogy.

11. hakeemthagreat

I think he's capable of much more. I mean he's a athletic phenom. But what I've noticed is his hustle and ability to chase down rebounds or go get blocks is very poor. If a rebound isn't something he can out jump someone for then he's not going to get it. THAT is why I'm not resigning Dwight. If your star player doesn't want to give it his all then why exactly are we paying you again?

12. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

he may not get the max, but with the money amounts being tossed around right now for fairly marginal players, I think he's going to get more than people here expect. But I also wouldn't be surprised with a short contract so he can go through this again next year.

13. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

14. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

my understanding is that he could do one of those two-year contracts with a player option for the second year. Pretty much what Durant is rumored to be considering. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong though.

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

Sorry breh, but you're way off here. More like game 2.

16. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Howard is like most "nice" people. Very pleasant to be around until they don't get their way and get pushed to their limits, then all hell breaks lose at once. Seen it too many a time working in remodeling (home owners).

17. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

Whenever a Rocket becomes an ex-Rocket, I always have hope that they will go elsewhere and do well and prove us wrong.

More times than not I am the one proven wrong.

I don't see that trend changing.

18. Snacks

Snacks New Member

His eFG% with Houston was about 60%. I know eFG% isn't the only number that counts, but when you look at the rest of the team, Howard has a point. He could have helped the offense and should have been more involved.

For a stats-driven team, his usage seemed low this season. He should have had 10 to 12 shots per game... not 8...

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

More like hour 2

20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

I would say there are a number of former rockets who are doing well Livingston, klow, dragic, the Morris twin, Patterson, scola for a while, Courtney lee, Gerald green, ariza after his first stint, posey, even j lin off the top of my head

They didn't work out with the rockets the rockets fo and coaching Staff has some fault at varying degrees

But for d12 the blame lies solely on him