1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Season Ticket holders get a refund

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OldYelllowDog, May 26, 2016.

1. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

I am serious. Has anyone ever been able to get a refund on season tickets? I honestly feel deceived. We were told the Rockets would search for a coach to improve defense, yet hired a HC that has no skills at coaching defense. The HC sets the tone for the team, and even a defensive minded assistant just don't have the same regard as a HC.

What is the best approach when trying to get a full refund?

Balldon'tlie and dvr4me like this.
  2. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Call them and ask for it? Just throwin that out there...

Elephant810 likes this.
  3. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

4. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I'm thinking OYD would have tried that.

5. OldYelllowDog

I will. Just wanted to see if others have been successful and what are valid "reasons".

6. le081488

le081488 Member

Got mine.

7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Valid reasons is that you hate ownership and want your money back otherwise you will dispute it to your CC company and get the money back anyways.

8. OldYelllowDog

thanks, I'll try that. Looks like others were able to get refund.

9. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Have renewals already gone out the season just ended ?

10. OldYelllowDog

11. AB423

AB423 Member

Glad I didn't renew.

12. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

it won't be worse. just don't know if it will be better enough. beasley about to go off, though. i'll watch for that reason alone. at least it's not football.

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I don't get all the Les hate. Dude is saving everybody a lot of money.

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

can I pretend to be interested in season tickets and back out last minute saying "I just found out about the front office moves..."

j/k ticket reps don't deserve that ****. But it would be a nice message to that greedy ****ing b*stard.

15. Raiden87

Raiden87 Member

ill buy them off you if they don't give you a refund

16. pli777

pli777 Member

Living outside of US, I was glad I never purchased a regular season pass on NBA.com. The only reason would be to watch the rockets regular season games and possibly the Conference Finals every year.

Last year with all the losses I just never bothered to sign up (it cost a fair bit), I guess it will be 2 years in a row to not be signing up to LP. Oh well.

17. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Ticket reps will usually call and email you. Just tell them at that point. It probably doesn't matter anyway.

18. chrish23

chrish23 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Would be awesome if entire season ticket fan base called and just canceled.

19. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Don't be an emotional fool.

If you enjoy going to Rockets games and have/can afford season tickets then you'll keep them. No one knows what this team will be next season. There's still a ton of money under the cap that needs to be spent and moves yet to be made.

Even still, if you keep the tickets you can probably turn a profit or worst case break even by selling them throughout the season. Take a deep breath, gather your thoughts, and act like a man/woman. You returning your season tickets won't effect the organization in the least. So go to the games and enjoy them, or sell your tickets and make some money.

Or act on your emotions and prove a point to no one. Ego must go.

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I disagree whole heartily with the hire, and the direction Les is taking his team, but lets be honest here.... If you were okay purchasing season tickets for a Kevin McHale/JBB coached Rockets team, there is no reason why a D'Antoni coached team is something you cannot stomach. I hate the idea of a D'Antoni coached Rockets team but even I can admit he's actually a better coach than those two.... slightly.

But Les is more exposed now as a heavily declining NBA owner with a massive ego. So I get not wanting to support him in particular. Depending on what Morey can put on the floor next year, the players though could be worth rooting for.... that is yet to be seen.

Again though... If you could stomach McHale & JBB, I don't see why you couldn't stomach D'Antoni other than the fact that he's exposed how massively declining our owner has become & his decision making though process, stubbornness, lack of awareness of the fans, and his own massive ego.