1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wait so...GS wins Curry's GOAT. GS loses NOW he's only 70%? Wow smh

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by hakeemthagreat, May 25, 2016.

1. hakeemthagreat

http://www.businessinsider.com/stephen-curry-knee-70-percent-at-best-2016-5

First off, I stopped watching ESPN awhile back. Why? Because the constant nutlicking of certain players and the full blown bashing of others. The media's job went from reporting sports news to giving certain players a platform to showcase their brands, and to protect those players from scrutiny when they fall short. So we all know Steph Curry's the media's favorite athlete. ESPN will shamelessly show Steph Curry highlights when GS isn't even playing. It's almost like they need to mention him regardless if the topic pertains to him or not. Even worse you can see all this nutlicking getting to his head. Remember when he came back injury? When got hot that game and was seen beating his chest "I'm back, I'm back!!!!!"????.

Well now the media's favorite team is down 3-1 and Curry's struggling. Instead of hold him accountable (like they do Dwight every chance they get:rolleyes:), they make excuses that he may be hurt resulting in his poor play. How about he's being outplayed by WB? How OKC's doing a great job defending him. Why use the injury excuse when they lose? I didn't any of these media heads mention his injury when the won game 2. The media is ruining the NBA

1 person likes this.
  2. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Imagine the media blasting Lebron if he was in that situation.

3. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

The simple truth: 100% or not, OKC would have won no matter what. They are just a better team. Roster wise, they are even more talented than the Warriors. OKC just found their grove. I am sure in time, we will be hsting them too. Lol

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

When you're being blown out in a fashion like this it doesn't matter. And its not just him, Green is basically Terrence Jones and the rest of the team looks exposed as well.

Imagine if they ever cut Lebron the same slack they cut Curry

[​IMG]

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Two can play this PR game.

Steph at 70%?

Ok that make him injury prone then.

6. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Cramp game:

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yup. Golden State's primary advantages are Curry, Draymond, and their bench, and all three of those aspects have been thoroughly dominated by the Thunder. Who gives a damn if Curry is "70% at best"?

8. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

The media and their darling player.

At the 2 minute mark in the 4th quarter the league picked the worst time for their Curry-Jordanesque ad. The warriors looked mentally defeated and then during the commercial break they had their stupid "Curry 3 unstoppable" bit playing.

The narrative was their from the start, its so disapointing.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Just a team that finally understood GSWs weaknesses and decided to exploit them. Hopefully more teams will stop trying to out small ball the best small team in history...I'm thinking of a certain team that seems intent on doing this...

10. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

LOL bro, I said the same exact thing after game 3. I don't understand why we think we can out-do 2 of the best 3pt shooters to every play while being one of the worst 3pt shooting teams.

About time we finally get some shooters and size eh?

11. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I assume you are talking about the Rockets. I agree we need/should have played big against GSW but when your big guys can't hit a free throw at all it pretty much defeats the purpose of playing big. The Thunder big men all shoot better than 58% which is a huge advantage.

I don't want to see anymore crappy free throw shooters on the Rockets. If Capela expects to play more he needs to improve free throw shooting or be shipped out.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm just happy a team finally did it.

The Grizzlies had a chance to do it last season then Conley got hurt. Of course though people then said "No, you can't blame the warriors for other team's injuries!" but they had an incredible run of playing against teams who were missing their starting PG.

I agree, but can we PLEASE stop playing guys like Brewer and Ariza at PF?

Any ways the point of this topic is ON POINT.

All last year we heard about how other teams had "No Excuses" because of their injuries and now all of a sudden we have to consider Curry's injury?

This is why I didn't want Green to get suspended. No excuses for the Warriors.

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Excuses excuses excuses for Curry and GSW

Thunder have them beat bad and GOATbrook's athleticism and level of play has been to hot for Curry to handle

14. hakeemthagreat

Lebron gets PLENTY of passes from the media. If Cleveland wins it's "Oh how incredible is Lebron?? He sure did single handedly put that team on his back". When they lose it's "Poor Lebron, if he had enough help they'd won. I blame Kyrie & Kevin Love"..

Basically when they win it's ALL them. When they lose it must be injury or lack of help from others. Either way they don't get the same criticism

15. ln3012

ln3012 Member

dude LeBron is probably the most criticized (by the media and fans) player in Sports history

16. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

I can at least respect who the Thunder are beating in these playoffs. I can't name 1 good team the Warriors have beaten in the playoffs.

17. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

This is the truth. If you remove Lebron's name from his accomplishments and stick them onto anyone else's name, They are instantly 2nd GOAT without question. There are people out there who still say Magic and Bird are better than Lebron....

18. Harden's beard

silly excuses. Steve Kerr said Curry is fine, Curry himself said he was fine. Remember him shouting "I'm here! I'm back!" during the Portland series? Besides, who is at their 100% this deep into the playoffs? Everyone is banged up at this point, do people think Durant or WB is 100% healthy?

19. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, GSWs didn't want to hear it last year about injured teams they played, so they're at least saying it's not Curry. Unfortunately the media is a bunch of bull****, and can't accept them getting rolled over. What's Green's excuse for the 1-9 shooting and like 6 TOs?? Lol

20. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Also, I always try to point it out... regular season record doesn't mean **** vs a playoff series. For some reason GSWs fans thought it'd be over in 4/5 and their team would be in the finals, lol unfortunately OKC didn’t get the memo. I hope OKC breaks them on Thursday and the dynasty talks can fade away.