1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Starting to lose faith....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OlajuwonFan81, May 18, 2016.

1. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

This is an absolute debacle. How do the Rockets defend this hire if it actually happens? Do we just ignore the press conference Morey held where he emphasized that our coach needs to be someone that can get this team to play better defense?

Does anyone in their right mind truly believe that the answer for the Rockets problems is Mike f'n D'Antoni? I've been the biggest supporter of this front office and still contend that Morey is a great general manager but this one really has me scratching my head. He is probably the worst possible candidate out there especially for this squad. We need a disciplinarian that demands respect and emphasizes defense. D'Antoni is the complete opposite of what this team needs.

I am absolutely shocked with guys like Vogel, JVG, hell even Mark Jackson out there for hire but wgo out and hire a clown who hasn't done shyt in the league with the exception of a few years where he had the greatest point guard of our generation. I hope that this is some ploy to put pressure on the real coach they want because I'm telling you we are in for a long few seasons if this actually ends up happening.

1 person likes this.
  2. houstontexans

houstontexans Member

I am with you. We need to do something to get rockets attention

3. dwhite

dwhite Member

You can't do anything....we have crowds smaller than WNBA games and that has not caused any relevant change. Ownership talks a good game, but never backs it up.

4. rockergordon

rockergordon Member

What about Pringles as head coach and scott skiles as defensive bad cop?

5. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

make a group here and have them send emails or petition or phone calls

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Bro, do you even read? They're going for off/def coordinators

7. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Ohh Ok. Wow that makes me feel much better!

8. houstontexans

houstontexans Member

Can't wait for the season to start so Pringles will be fired after 11 games...

9. dmoneybangbang

Why would it not? People seem to under the impression that assistant coaches are trivial.

10. juanm34

juanm34 Member

For some weird reason, I BELIEVE!!!!

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Offensive Coordinator: Pringles
    Defensive Coordinator: Byron Scott

12. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Real talk, today has been tough. I'm genuinely bummed out about this D'Antoni momentum.

I won't suffer anyone with a rant on how I don't like D'Antoni.

I just want to be there again. That feeling I felt as a young teen 4' away and standing in front of the TV during the championship years. I want my boys to experience it.

Houston TX is such a basketball rich city irrespective of the NBA or championships. We are a big metropolitan city on the bayou that has loved hoops for many generations. So many of us are not just casual hoops fans. We want to contend. We're not about just putting on a good show.

WCF to an epic meltdown of a season where we scathed by into a playoffs we shouldn't have even been in... Tough. It has not been a fun reality pill to swallow. The FA market isn't terribly impressive. OKC is giving Durant no reason to leave. And we are chasing Les's highschool crushes regarding 'has been never was' coaches.

A whole lot of dry pie right now.

#12 cdrive, May 18, 2016
    Last edited: May 18, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Hopefully Leslie Alexander issues a public apology to Daryl.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TbfZMYclND8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Daryl: We need someone to fix our defense.
    Leslie: Shut up Daryl. We're hiring Mike D'Antoni.

14. Lightsnowaction

Me too. I miss being at the top, and also that 13-'14 team was fun too except for the playoff elimination. All I ask is for a Real coach that knows what to do and not a net negative.

15. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Signed Chris Finch
    -offensive prodigy

16. dream2franchise

The best I can offer you is to try to be optimistic.

I think KJ, Harrell and Capela can all thrive in a D'Antoni system the way Amare and Marion did, and I feel they will also be a handful defensively if we can find the right defensive coach.

We need the shooters to make this work, so it's imperative Morey focuses on that.

We'll need Harden to be more open to facilitate earlier and often. I'd like to see a 25ppg/9ast season from him. With a proper offense and better finishers I think it's possible.

17. dmoneybangbang

....Because we have been a bottom tiered offensive team with Finch?

18. PeppermintCandy

I don't know about faith, but I'm starting to lose interest. I feel like the team's heading back to the Francis/Mobley era, when perpetual mediocrity was all that fans had to look forward to. And I'm not suggesting that Harden = Francis.

Of course, that treadmill thankfully ended when Houson lucked out and got Yao Ming, but what are the chances of something like that happening again?

1 person likes this.
  19. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

No....because our assistant offensive coordinator seems to get such great offensive production out of the team. You know like brewer and Ariza and dmo and Dwight.....

Thank God we don't have to just rely on Harden to produce and create for us.

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

It's also demonstrable via stats that "the greatest point guard of our generation" was at his best while playing in D'Antoni's system.

And anyone who thinks Mark Jackson is the answer loses all credibility in my eyes. Mark Jackson tore apart a decent Warriors team to the point where they had no choice but to fire him. Yeah, that's the guy we need at the helm.