1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How many games lost due to Hack-A-Howard?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, Apr 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. jayfree

jayfree Member

I wonder how many times this year the Rockets were on the verge of winning and the Hack-A-Howard strategy screwed up their minds? I know that they have lost more games with that strategy against them then they ended up winning.

I really wish they would implement a rule that states if you are fouled away from the ball in the penalty that the team has a choice of inbounding or taking free throws (as long as it's not in the last 2 minutes of the game)

2. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

How many games due to not going low to Howard...

For 3 quarters you're leading because you're playing inside out and then in the 4th your players decide to play one on one and not go low..

T_Man

3. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

Was it seriously 0 lobs in the second half? Thats pretty dumb. Thats a high % shot.

4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

You gotta take him out ASAP whenever they start hacking. Dwight is what he is at this point in his career. Wise up JBB.

5. hvic

hvic Member

Howard has missed dunks before. It's a high percent shot but not guaranteed

6. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

it's not about wins... it is ALL for the glory of Hard-on! (trumpets blare)

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Tell that deusional whats up. #feeddwight

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

not this one. but kudos to coach for pulling dwight.

9. jayfree

jayfree Member

He almost pulled him out too late. The Rockets had the ball with 3 minutes left and the ball out of bounds. If they switched there then they could have taken almost a half of a minute off the clock with a 4 point lead. One more possession and he could have been back in without a problem.

By the way... is it me or could the Rockets benefit from starting Capela and bringing Dwight off the bench in the 2nd half?

10. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

The hack a Howard has killed the Rockets lots of times over the last three years, most notably against Portland in game 1 of the play-offs in 2014. Rockets were completely controlling that game until hack a Howard took over. Rockets end up losing both of the 1st two home games and the series.

11. Briand2714

Briand2714 Member

I would say more than 50 games.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Fewer than the number of games lost due to "JBB is the worst interim head coach in NBA history"

13. Briand2714

Briand2714 Member

I actually think those two are interrelated