1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Dwight doesn't see himself as a Rocket next year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Mar 21, 2016.

1. cyberx

cyberx Member

He is pretty much over this whole thing. He is tired of not being showcased and feels he isnt valued at all. He thinks its best if everyone moves on after this year.

Thing could change as always, but right now, looks like Dwight is ready to go.

2 people like this.
  2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

b00m!

Maybe it is time to kick some cans down the road.

[​IMG]

3. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

At this point, Dwight's probably right.

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Glad to have you posting. Cyberx Lives.

Nothing earth-shaking on the news front, maybe, but all Cyberx info is welcome. I have come to hope we put that cap space to better use, anyway.

Wonder if Dwight has a destination that might require a sign-and-trade that would behoove the Rockets somehow.

5. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

I'm not suprised

6. IndianPlaya

IndianPlaya Contributing Member

Honestly, while Dwight has been a great professional, I am happy to see him go. His postups are very inefficient, his freethrow shooting is abhorrent, and he has little to no ability to pass. He does not have much to offer in the modern NBA offensively. While he can be impactful on the defensive end, he has very often not been engaged.

1 person likes this.
  7. HtownRock

HtownRock Member

best news I've ever heard this year. at this point in his career, he is hurting this team more than contributing. let's just part ways amicably and move on.

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Cyberx, thanks for the update! It does feel like it is coming to that with Dwight.

Have you heard anything more in regards to Kevin Durant and the Rockets? (and how about Al Horford?) ;-)

#8 Deuce, Mar 21, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Fairly obvious when Mauri clearly said Dwight was being shopped around during the trade deadline.

Also, obvious seeing how the team plays when Dwight is on the court and his half-assed effort since all star break.

1 person likes this.
  10. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

11. 13 in 33

13 in 33 Member

Not surprising at all. It also wouldn't be surprising to see him change his mind again.

Seems like he's fickle and will want to stick around if he has another monster playoffs performance.

12. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

I appreciate what he's done here, and he's been a real pro off the court as well. I'll root for him unless he goes to the mavs lol.

13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

14. OTMax

OTMax Member

15. Moahst

Moahst Member

It seems like there's been a noticeable difference in the way Dwight is playing now versus when the season started. It kind of looks like he's just trying to get rebounds at anyone's expense. He's had some great playoff performances for this team and he might still have a few more. I'm grateful to have had him in red and equally as excited to move on.

16. Tfj4

Tfj4 Member

It was fun while it lasted

17. ballgame

ballgame Member

With the way the NBA is headed, I don't think it will be a bad move for The Rockets to put their $$ elsewhere. If he were on the level of Hakeem, I would be disappointed but since he isn't, so I'm not.;)

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'm happy with what Dwight has done in Houston. I wish him well wherever he ends up.

Having said that...I hope, for his sake, that he knows that wherever he goes, it's unlikely that he'll be "showcased" in any way.

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly, I'm still in the minority of people who will be sad to see him go. I don't think this is any reason to celebrate, it's just kind of sad, and a statement of just how bad this season has been.

20. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Not surprising at all...many on this forum have felt that way since their awful start this season.